Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (05ride)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-01-2006, 1:35 AM Reply   
I have a clarion M455 head unit that I have just purchased the clarion ipod interface for. I'm using a 30gb ipod video.
When I select AUX on the head unit and connect the ipod it just pauses and won't play. It's charging and the clarion logo comes up on the screen of the ipod, but nothing else happens.
I just updated the software on my ipod and it made no difference.
Has anyone experienced this?or does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be.
Thanks
Old     (05ride)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-02-2006, 4:07 PM Reply   
Spoke to clarion today. It looks like our head unit the M455 is only compatible with the EA1251 interface (does not show ipod playlists or song names). It seems as though we got the latest interface the EA1276( which mimicks the ipod shows playlists song names etc) which you need an M455A head unit to operate it.
Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       10-29-2006, 5:25 PM Reply   
I have the same setup. This is what shows up on my ipod on the headunit too. When you plug your ipod into this setup you have to control it from the headunit. The headunit thinks the ipod is a 6 disc changer. You need to have playlists setup on your ipod. The deck thinks each playlist is a different disc. They must be named clarion1, clarion2. The instructions say exactly what they need to be or it doesn't work.

I can pick which playlist and then just go backwards or forwards through the songs.It works great for the boat but you can't scroll through the lists of songs like a normal ipod functions when not plugged into the interface. The song name do not show up on the headunit either.