Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (fuel)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-21-2004, 9:23 PM Reply   
Man, I hope I can finally post this pic...

tower pic
Old     (fuel)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-21-2004, 9:46 PM Reply   
I finally got a post to upload! I had to change the size of it, so it's not nearly as clear as it should be. It looked A LOT better before I had to resize it.

Anyway, some of ya'll may remember me posting last year on fixing up my '83 SN 2001. This is the newest "upgrade". Me and my buddy Paul built the tower and painted it with some Dupont Imron. We're too poor for powdercoating. We also built some board racks for it. Hopefully I can get them to post, too. Unfortunately, we didn't have a milling machine (which really sucks, seeing as I come from a machining background) but I still think they look pretty good.

We also fiberglassed in some support for the tower. We were both a little afraid that the gunnels weren't quite strong enough so we built some boxes out of XL and fiberglassed them into the floor and the sides of the boat. We also fiberglassed some under the gunnels to distribute the load better. Come to find out, they also serve as bad ass speaker boxes!

We tested the tower out a few days ago and it is solid as a rock. No flex, no squeaks, no problems.

Now let me see if I can get the other pics to post...
Old     (fuel)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-21-2004, 9:50 PM Reply   
more pics...

sob
Old     (fuel)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-21-2004, 9:58 PM Reply   
and more pics

ssdfgr

tgrhfhrd
Old     (fuel)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-21-2004, 10:12 PM Reply   
and more pics

support

racks

In these pics, the racks are not quite complete. We painted them to match the boat and since these pics, we've put some 1/2" rubber on the plate to keep the boards from hitting the bolts or the plate. We also used clear tubing for the padding on the racks, so you can still see the blue. We also added some bungee cords.

Oh yeah, and the "knobs" to latch the bungees to are the heads of old railroad spikes!
Old     (655mac)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-23-2004, 6:56 AM Reply   
Looks good, you have alot more skills than I
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-23-2004, 9:53 AM Reply   
You did an awesome job!!!Old skool is always cool.
Old    jayreese            05-23-2004, 1:21 PM Reply   
Fuel, excellent job plus you got to cheat correct craft out of there royalty check.
Old     (fuel)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-24-2004, 9:46 AM Reply   
Thanks, guys. I couldn't have done it without my good buddy, Paul. He deserves a lot of praise for working his ass off!
Old    morribd            05-24-2004, 12:05 PM Reply   
Where did you mount the radio for your boat?
Old     (fuel)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-24-2004, 9:23 PM Reply   
Brian, we mounted the stereo in the middle of the dash in that "Chevy-bow-tie-thingy." Sorry, I don't know what else to call it. It used to have a sticker that said "Ski Nautique 2001" right there. We took a rotozip and used it to cut out the hole, but you could use a die grinder as well. It was a very tight fit. You have to be really sure to center it properly, but when it is in there it looks like it was made for it. The only probelm is sometimes the passenger moves around in the seat and hits it. It usually happens only once everytime we go out. No big deal really.

I will try to take some pics and post them in the next couple of weeks.
Old    morribd            05-29-2004, 6:46 PM Reply   
thanks, fuel, I would appreciate seeing some pictures when you get a chance.
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-30-2004, 8:40 AM Reply   
wow, you did a very good job with building that tower.