Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    teenhack            01-02-2004, 7:11 PM Reply   
What is your guys prefrence when it comes to handles? I really like the new carbon handles, but dont plan on spending $200+ for a handle and a rope. Also, which do you prefer... "v" or "t", i've heard people recommend "V" but never got a reason why...
thanks
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-02-2004, 7:51 PM Reply   
Hardline DHS Handle with T small handle.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-02-2004, 8:20 PM Reply   
The carbon handles will not be comfortable at all if you do wrapped tricks. I have a Belmont handle (Non carbon style) which is still stiffer than most and you can feel it while wrapping the handle.

I prefer a T handle. A little less bulky.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-02-2004, 8:44 PM Reply   
Neither - Unless you really plan on trying wrapped tricks...
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-03-2004, 8:49 AM Reply   
I was told a V can be dangerious. If with a 360 your hand get stucked in the V and you don't land the 360... Ouggh. But perhaps it's a little over safe.
Old    tfdhyprider            01-03-2004, 10:18 AM Reply   
T handle. I've heard of v's coming a part and the handle part sliding outa wack!
Old    martini            01-03-2004, 3:28 PM Reply   
i use a T handle...less crap going on...

carbon handles aren't my choice for wrapped tricks...i agree w/blabel on that one...

maestro has the right answer..same set up i use...

and i agree w/jeff...don't get one unless you use it....

Old    teenhack            01-03-2004, 6:57 PM Reply   
My friends has been trying to talk me into the Byerly handle and actually I never thought about wrapped tricks.
Thanks for the help
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-03-2004, 8:20 PM Reply   
That's what I ride, a Byerly without the gift handle. Works perfect.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-03-2004, 8:26 PM Reply   
what'cha got against wrapped tricks jeff? :-)

i actually think having the wrap option is great and even if you don't use it. there's no disadvantage to having it there in case you ever decide to - or like what happened with me, a friend was doing wrapped 3s without a handle. i convinced him to use mine and he had a much easier time of it.

perhaps wrapped tricks have a bad-rep, but i think they can be great for progressive learning of spins and tricks involving spins (e.g., kgb's, etc.), and of course they allow you to perform grabs you could not otherwise do.

i use a premiere with a "t," as i thought the v was a bit much and had the potential for getting your hand caught. the t is plenty enough to hold on to.
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-03-2004, 9:23 PM Reply   
Hey Pete - if you want any extra grips for the DHS handle I have an extra waffle grip and spyder grip - brand new. Not looking to get too much out of them. If you're interested gimme a shout at j_a_rviko@hotmail.com.