Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       07-20-2011, 6:59 AM Reply   
Why isn't Hyperlite making the roams anymore? Are they not a very good board? I was thinking about getting one to use at the cable park near by but i want to make sure Im getting a good board to use and not something that will be trashed by the end of the day.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-20-2011, 6:59 AM Reply   
Hasn't flex technology moved on a ton since the roam? I'm guessing that's why they don't make it anymore.
Old     (wspeedin)      Join Date: May 2011       07-20-2011, 7:03 AM Reply   
From what I understood from my hyperlite rep was that the new Vigilante has taken the place as the Roam.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-20-2011, 7:06 AM Reply   
Hyperlite has so many boards compared to all the other companies that I have a really hard time keeping track of them. I think that's probably a good thing though.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-20-2011, 7:53 AM Reply   
I've owned a few Roams over the years, and they're definitely a fun board, especially for jibbing rails and sliders or for relaxed spin and press sessions behind the boat. They're actually pretty darn durable from what I've seen when it comes to obstacles. I'll caution you though, a few of the breaks that I've had have all been due to back edge catches off spins. If you like doing kicker things at the park, I may suggest you steer away from the Roam. Unless it's a smooth downside of the wake, the landings on the Roam are BRUTAL. From what I saw, the Vigilante has the same construction, and looks to the the next evolution of the Roam. Durabilty note: My good friend Road his on the sands of Iraq and that sucker is still holding together strong. haha
Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       07-20-2011, 8:20 AM Reply   
What would be the best board to do cable riding with then? It doesn't have to be a roam or a vigilante if there is something better out there.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-20-2011, 9:06 AM Reply   
A Slingshot or any grind base board. I've heard the CWB Vibe holds up pretty well on obstacles.
I love my roam, but I just do 180's off kickers
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-20-2011, 4:02 PM Reply   
yeah the vigilante is the roam with a normal wakeboard shape. There are so many great different cable boards now that the roam is almost lost its purpose lol