Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (iridesvt)      Join Date: May 2005       08-26-2005, 4:50 PM Reply   
When are the new boards going to be released? or does anyone know where there are some pics of the new graphics. thanks!
Old     (hiking42)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-26-2005, 7:32 PM Reply   
the new WBM has the 06 Premier and 06 Murray boots
Old     (bcxpress6294)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-07-2005, 1:33 PM Reply   
Can you provide a link? I went to www.wakeboardingmag.com but didn't see anything. Perhaps I just don't know whatWBM means.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-07-2005, 2:07 PM Reply   
Really tough to release a product when they don't know when the ship is coming in from China. He, he, he.... Love the overseas products.

Buy American, Buy CWB....

HL is actually doing some interesting stuff this year. Cant wait to see it all in person.
Old     (indemand12)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-07-2005, 2:35 PM Reply   
FYI, CWB is being made by the same China factories as all other Kent companies.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-07-2005, 2:48 PM Reply   
Some of it. But much of of the CWB stuff is still made in Washington.

Old     (lukewtwt)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-07-2005, 3:01 PM Reply   
The same can be said for Hyperlite. There is, after all, quite the factory in Redmond still keeping busy, so they must be doing something.
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-07-2005, 5:02 PM Reply   
even if it is it wownt belong before CWB hops along....love it or hate it...its just the way
Old     (centralcali)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-07-2005, 6:34 PM Reply   
Just got back from the local board shop that actualy has the 06 catalog! The new Hyperlite looks very promising!

Bindings - The Murray and the 3DS are both closed toe. The Parks look like they are still pretty similar to years past. There is a rumor that Harf may have a mid season binding released. The Murrays definatly look like they are going to be the bindings to have this year. The guy at the shop said that he road in them and they were the most comfortable binding he has ever been in. He said that he tried to 'stub' his toe and couldn't. He also said that the 06 bindings are 1 lbs lighter than 05s.

Boards - No more DNA! Hyperlite has a new foam core that is as stiff and light as the DNA, so this year they will all have the same core. The premier looks wider at the tips and has some of the top cut down to make it lighter. The Murray is shaped different. It almost looks like a parks in the tips. It has a 3.2 cont rocker. The guy at the shop says it is obvious by just looking at it that it has more rocker. Both the premier and the Murray have some kind of lining around the edges of the board to stop delaminating. The 06 boards are supposed to be about 1 lbs lighter than the 05s.

The Roam - They made a few changes to the roam. The sizes are the same but the board has more shape. The board tapers in towards the middle. It looks more like a snow board. The roam also has a coating or lining around the edges to protect it and prevent delaminating. The screw holes are also supposed to be reinforced and stronger.

Hope this helps a little. I know I have been going crazy waiting!

Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-08-2005, 3:36 AM Reply   
trevor, whats the 3ds like this year, if its not changed how do the graphics compare, i gotta either buy a end of stock 2005 3ds and save some cash or next years 2006 if the graphics are better.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-08-2005, 7:17 AM Reply   
i don't like the 06 3ds graphics. they're kinda ugly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/mariley85/2006HL.jpg
Old     (bassmanjoshis)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-08-2005, 7:29 AM Reply   
i think the 3DS' graphics are pretty sweet. I see they've really done a change to Murray's board, eh? Anybody know the specs on it yet? The parks board hasn't quite grabbed me graphically, but i am liking the rest of them. Artistic, which after all, is what board graphics is all about.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-08-2005, 7:38 AM Reply   
the parks graphics have been almost identical for every year he's had a board.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-08-2005, 7:49 AM Reply   
IMO Hyperlite has once again churned out some lousy graphics. The Murray is probably the best. Sure Japanese graphics have been done a million times before but they usually look pretty good. The Era's alright. Parks graphics have improved from been really poorly drawn ugly robotdude graphics, to well drawn ugly robotdude graphics. The Premiere "screaming guy" just blows my mind. Why in the crap would anyone want to ride on something that ugly? 3ds is alright too but only becasue it's not as ugly as the others. I think Hype's graphics this year show yet again why boards should just be left blank colors.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-08-2005, 9:30 AM Reply   
The 3DS graphics are WAY!!! better then last years.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-08-2005, 9:36 AM Reply   
So CWB's platinum core is the only lightweight high performance core left.
I can't wait to try the Transcend platinum. Finding a shop that will demo that is going to be tough though.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-08-2005, 9:52 AM Reply   
I'll always ride a board for the board, not for the graphics, but it seems that HL along with many companies should take a lesson from Lib Tech Snowboards when it comes to some artwork. Snoobins.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-08-2005, 9:52 AM Reply   
i loved the 05 3ds graphics. especially the 139, woooo-eeeee! the red, white and gray with the simple and elegant base. i can't believe that wan't the best selling board of the 05 season.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-08-2005, 9:57 AM Reply   
I personally loved the fact that the only bindings in the hyperlite catalog that weren't artist renderings were the murrays. Hmmm, wonder if the other bindings even exist yet. I actually think they've done some cool stuff for '06. I'm still not down with the closed toe bindings. I've heard the opposite, that it is really easy to stub your toe in the end of the boots. The murray board is way different. It has real molded in fins and a lot more rocker. It still has the ridges down the bottom of the board. Parks board looks the same (graphics and all are very similar). Premier looks like basically the same shape with some material taken of the tips at the ends. 3DS is the same shape. The ERA has a faux-sueade top sheet (kinda cool), as does the girls board. Still no word on the Harf bindings. Also the bindings are made like shoes now. No serviceable parts. If any part of the binding breaks the whole thing get warrantied. I've heard bad things about the Roam. People saying it is no longer a good wake to wake board because of the new parabolic shape.

Anyway, I'm interested in getting the new gear in my hands and checking it out. I still say the new CWB graphics are the most original and I really dig both the hinge tech and standard boots.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-08-2005, 10:03 AM Reply   
The Roam was never a good wake to wake board...where'd you hear that?
An awesome board for a slider park though.
If you like the feel of it, take the fins off of any old rounded shape and ride that. At least is has some stiffness and snap off the wake. The Roam is like riding a broken wakeboard.

Agreed on the 06 CWB. When will shops get the Zeus in so I can try it?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-08-2005, 10:24 AM Reply   
Jason Callen. Watch him ride the Roam. It IS a wake to wake board if you have the skills and like the snowboard style.

From a reputable source I heard:

The hour-glass shaped Roam takes water across the center of the board which weights it down making it hard to ride w2w.

Murray bindings: They guy I know that rode them said his toes did get slammed against the closed toe and that the pair he rode trapped the lube inside the binding.

They're going to fit everyone different. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old     (bankssa)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-08-2005, 12:06 PM Reply   
Wait till you see the Murray Graphic. It's an ambagram the word reads Murray one way and turn it over and it says hyperlite. My wife desiged the ambagram and the Hyperlite graphic designer did the art. Shaun and Jeanie worked for a few months getting it tweeked out just right. Coolest graphic I've seen on a board ever.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-08-2005, 12:19 PM Reply   
Scott, we have seen it http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/252979.html?1126145045 Cool looking design though.
Old    grinch            09-08-2005, 2:41 PM Reply   
I think it is a cool color combination on the top and bottom of the parks. The 3ds does look better, and the new premier is really the ugliest looking board I have ever seen. It probably rides really great but it looks like sh*t.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-08-2005, 2:48 PM Reply   
i'm not sure about this years graphics, 3ds is about the same but the rest are lacking in my opinion.

I've always thought premier graphics have been the best out of all board graphics from all companies, but like alek says the 06 does look a bit shocking
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-08-2005, 3:46 PM Reply   
man Parks sure likes robots... alot...

those parks graphics are almost identical to the 05's
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-08-2005, 4:29 PM Reply   
socal rider. ur funny bro. jus cuz u cant ride well enuf to do all ur normal tricks on a roam kind of makes ur statement invalid. ur opinion is based upon ur frustration with urself. its ok though. i dont hate u and niether does anyone else. so dont take it too personal
Old    sammc_11            09-08-2005, 7:15 PM Reply   
the era graphics are sweet!
Old    aceofspades            09-08-2005, 8:35 PM Reply   
dont raelly like the parks, the byerlys are a little overboard, i dunno what i think of he murray yet the murray/hyperlite logo is pretty cool though
Old    aceofspades            09-08-2005, 8:38 PM Reply   
dont raelly like the parks, the byerlys are a little overboard, i dunno what i think of he murray yet the murray/hyperlite logo is pretty cool though
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-08-2005, 9:22 PM Reply   
Wow westsidarider, I feel much dumber after reading your post. Did I catch a niner in there?
Well said, enjoy your broken board.
Old     (gtaussie15)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-08-2005, 9:37 PM Reply   
westsidarider, what you have just said, is the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever heard. At no point, in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-08-2005, 10:01 PM Reply   
does anyone notice that every thread about HL turns into...CWB is better that HL because or i cant wait for CWB because or this HL board sucks because....different strokes for different folks

PS: I know you took that quote from Billy Madison...
Old     (gtaussie15)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-08-2005, 10:07 PM Reply   
what? you wanna cookie?

I dont know about HL premier graphics, the whole retro thing is not working for me. But hey, some people might like that. Trevor, I heard about how they have a new core type on all their boards now, no longer is there DNA core. It will be intresting to get them out on the water, its all spec. right now.

I have a cwb Abs. Plat. w/ cwb zues bindings and im lookign forward to the HL line just as much as the 06 CWB line.
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-08-2005, 10:23 PM Reply   
isnt the L7 supposed to be the litest core yet?
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-08-2005, 10:32 PM Reply   
Yeah, it's the lightest, makes you pop the highest, it stores energy, releases off the wake faster... and I think that's it.
I'm still pissed about no Bio3. I wanted to really pop high.

Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-08-2005, 10:33 PM Reply   
so a better DNA basically????
Old     (alteczen)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-09-2005, 8:12 AM Reply   
Anyone have any shots of the new bindings? (3DS in particular)
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-09-2005, 8:24 AM Reply   
For those a bit slow, my post above was loaded with sarcasm.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-09-2005, 11:25 AM Reply   
I wonder if george lucas is going to sue HL for using C-3PO as the graphic for on the parks board!
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-10-2005, 12:01 AM Reply   
Are all of the new bindings closed toe? ..that would b weird..
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-10-2005, 12:14 AM Reply   
i see, only the premier and murray.. i dont know if im interested in closed toe... but! someone said the bindings are more like shoes... does that just mean how they are waranteed? because i really like the new 06 LF bindings... they look very comfortable.. and id say that the 06 LF bindings are way more similar to shoes... or like a snowboard boot or something.. an i like that...
Old     (mcfly)      Join Date: Jan 2002       09-10-2005, 8:08 AM Reply   
The new Murrays are very comfortable. I didn't have any sliding forward of my foot resulting in jamed toes.

The Murray's and the 3DS Boots are the only ones that are closed toed.

The inner liner of the boots are very tacky when it is wet.

I did receive pictures of the actual 3DS, Parks, Byerly and Era Bindings in their finished product. They came out much better than what the drawings in the guidebook show.

McFly
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       09-10-2005, 9:35 AM Reply   
Socalrider, I thought your post was hilarious! seriously though, if you're patient, I"m sure you'll get your bio3.

Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       09-10-2005, 10:51 AM Reply   
Marty,

Let's see the pics of the bindings.
Old     (mcfly)      Join Date: Jan 2002       09-10-2005, 11:08 AM Reply   
Sorry, Justin, I am not allowed to post them at this time.

Thanks

McFly
Old     (centralcali)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-10-2005, 12:01 PM Reply   
My local board shop, Larson's, isn't going to stock any 06 stuff until next year because of all the 05 stuff they still have, but I got them to order a pair of 06 murrays for me. They ordered them yesterday and told me they will take about 3-4weeks to get. That should be good timing because the water will be getting a lot colder by the time I get them. I will post up after I get them and let you know what I think.
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-10-2005, 12:08 PM Reply   
if theyr comin out in 3-4 weeks...y isnt the hype lettin them out?
Old     (centralcali)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-10-2005, 12:23 PM Reply   
I don't know when they will actually be released by hyperlite. All I know is what the board shop told me when they called hyperlite to order them.
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-10-2005, 12:25 PM Reply   
hmmm wierd...im holdin off on everything till i can see the full LF and HL lineup
Old     (robie)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-10-2005, 7:23 PM Reply   
So can anyone answer the original question?

"When are the new boards going to be released? or does anyone know where there are some pics of the new graphics. thanks!"
Old    wake101            09-11-2005, 8:47 PM Reply   
I just saw that wakeside now has the new hyperlite landlock wakesurfer for 2006 if anyone wants to check it out
http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/hyperlite_wake_surfboards/hyperlite_landlock_wake_surfboards_06 i dunno if i linked that right