Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-25-2008, 3:41 PM Reply   
I just heard that they are having another Lost Isle Rail Jam this year in a couple weeks. Whose got the official low down?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-25-2008, 3:59 PM Reply   
Yup Dra is throwing it once again. I believe its scheduled for the weekend after labor day, so in 2 weekends. Should be a great time. I can't wait
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-25-2008, 4:44 PM Reply   
why do they always do it the same weekend as spanky beavers?
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-25-2008, 8:39 PM Reply   
yeah... and Worlds is the same weekend!
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-26-2008, 6:26 AM Reply   
Lost Isle site is showing the Neptunes event for Sept 13, that would be 2 weeks after Labor Day.
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-26-2008, 5:35 PM Reply   
Sponsored by Red Bull again, Weekend after labor. Hoping to do the same style rails as last year, also doing the last sound competition for the year from us. Working on some live bands, and plan to make it a 2 day event this year. Probably going to have a air chair/sky ski demo thrown in the mix, with a couple guys that can throw down.So come on out, and bring party hats.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-26-2008, 5:58 PM Reply   
Blood's VS Crip's Rail Jam @ Lost Isle.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-27-2008, 8:30 PM Reply   
Grant if your scared I guess you can hide out at Tulloch

There has never been any drama at any of our events.
Nothing but a good time and good people.
So come out and have a great time and check out the boats and some good rail riding..

(Message edited by chas on August 27, 2008)
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-27-2008, 9:39 PM Reply   
airchair and ski ski???? its a rail jam...
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-27-2008, 10:11 PM Reply   
come on Jason isn't it fun to watch any extreme water sport?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-27-2008, 11:01 PM Reply   
Chas: Yea I guess I don't know what I was talking about sorry. The Lost Isle is a peacfull place!
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/609107.html

On a serious note, Im sure your event dosen't cater to this type of croud and Im sure there will be no problems I was just trying to make lite of the B.S that went down there a few weeks back. Didnt mean anything against what your putting together sorry if it came off that way. Have fun. Im scared of that place My boat is RED.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-04-2008, 3:30 PM Reply   
what time does the rail jam and sound off start? last years rail jam was dope.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-04-2008, 3:35 PM Reply   
ya what time who's going to be riding in it? I know spanky beavers is this weekend too. I checked the DRA website and didnt see anything.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-04-2008, 3:35 PM Reply   
I agree with Grant here. Anything associated with lost Isle, I won't go. No matter how bad I want to. Not to short change what you guys are doing, There is a huge crowd that will miss out, because they wouldn't put their boats any where near the Isle.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-04-2008, 3:36 PM Reply   
lost isle is not bad after labor day!!!!! The weekend boaters are gone for the season. last yr it was the same time I'd say 80% of the people there were there for the event not randoms partying
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-04-2008, 3:43 PM Reply   
been three times and no problems. why are you guys trying to hurt a local event like this? do you guys stay out of san fran because of the murders that happen there and every other place in the united states. the neptune dudes put on a good and clean show.
Old     (supraride)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-04-2008, 5:40 PM Reply   
I heard that its called off from Gary. I might be wrong though. Last year it was alot of fun and there were no problems. Lost Isle isnt that bad all the time.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-04-2008, 9:45 PM Reply   
Yes the event is called off. Due to a lot of bad talk and gossip the local sheriff dept said no go. Getting harder each year to do events on the Delta. Maybe if every one would think positive and try and promote a good event and not bad mouth things that they wouldn't even attend in the first place it might be a lil easier to do and not get shut down. What ever happend to "if you can't say something nice don't say any thing at all" ?
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-04-2008, 9:51 PM Reply   
that sucks i was planing my weekend around it. los isle was a great location last yr we had a blast watching jd and everyone else throw down. i agree if your not going why are you hatin? we need more local events only one DRA so far and no hangtime this yr. that sucks
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-04-2008, 9:54 PM Reply   
it just sucks that people that haven't even gone to a neptunes event at lost isle talk crap about it. you guys always put on a good event thats positive and fun. sorry man.
Old     (supraride)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-05-2008, 6:46 AM Reply   
Wait no hangtime event this year neither? WTF. We need more events out on the delta. I agree, quit bad mouthing these events and lets all band together and promote these things. We might have better luck. Just my 2 cents
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-05-2008, 6:58 AM Reply   
Sorry to hear this, Jim.

I guess we'l have to rock the SpringRide twice as hard to make up for all this.

It's coming...with a new venue and more shiat!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-05-2008, 7:16 AM Reply   
Yep. More soon.
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-05-2008, 8:01 AM Reply   
This doesn't sound right at all, bad-mouthing or not.

Hasn't Lost Isle held regular weekend "events" all summer, even in the weekends following the stabbing? Lost Isle is still operating right? How does the Sheriff choose one particular event and shut it down, especially one that isn't centered around a booty shaking contest or whatever liqour is being promo'ed that weekend? It just doesn't add up, unless LEO is clamping down on Lost Isle in general...which would probably be a good thing in the long run.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-05-2008, 8:34 AM Reply   
if you wanna see people hitting, or hit 'um yourself...come to spanky beaver's jib jam! free for spectators and 26 hours of rail hitting.
Old     (blwakeguy)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-05-2008, 8:41 AM Reply   
hey team neptunes. why don't you try putting on an event that is for a cause. you don't even belong in this industry.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-05-2008, 8:55 AM Reply   
really?? pretty bold statement.
Old     (dhr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-05-2008, 8:59 AM Reply   
Brian, www.teamneptunes.com they do boat systems so they DO BELONG in this industry , plus they support many things in nor cal . WWA, INT,DRA and a few wakeboard schools so they have done many good things for a good cause , what is wrong with cutting loose a having a little fun

(Message edited by dhr on September 05, 2008)
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-05-2008, 9:06 AM Reply   
thats obviously coming from someone who doesnt dont much about the delta wake scene.

Like said above they sponsor lots of things. I may be wrong but i think they were one of the many sponsors for CIE spring ride.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-05-2008, 9:08 AM Reply   
Brian that seems like a retarded thing to say.

Anyways if anybody wants to hit rails this weekend come up to sacramento and hit the Spanky Beaver!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-05-2008, 10:14 AM Reply   
Yup, seriously ignorant comment. The Neptune guys represent huge in the NorCal wake scene. They've been helping CIE with all our events since the begining.

Sorry to hear it's cancelled guys. Hopefully those that want to see a good rail show will head to Spankey Beavers this weekend.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-05-2008, 10:15 AM Reply   
Brian, you're way off. In addition to those mentioned above, Neptune also supports our Spring Ride event. Every year they put up money for support, and give away more than 5,000$ in free boat audio equipment at our event alone.

They do alot for the sport....and for your sound system.
Old     (blwakeguy)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-05-2008, 10:22 AM Reply   
just because they do stereos, means that they belong in the industry.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-05-2008, 10:25 AM Reply   
They support (SPONSOR) our local contests and help create a wakeboarding scene with thousands of dollars. WTF don't you understand about that?
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-05-2008, 10:25 AM Reply   
yo evan, j-rod...you guys should roll to the beaver jam...what up?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-05-2008, 10:32 AM Reply   
Al, My Sunday is looking clear. How late are you riding on Sunday? Can I ride?
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-05-2008, 10:42 AM Reply   
wow brian with comments like that maybe you dont belong in our industry.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-05-2008, 10:45 AM Reply   
or neptunes is your competetion some how and there kicking your arse. How do they not belong in the industry and you are you to say who should and shouldnt be? They are great for the local scene here in NOR Cal nuff said.
Old     (blwakeguy)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-05-2008, 10:58 AM Reply   
neptunes is a joke of a company. throwing events to try to be cool. intead of throwing money into these events,why don't they try to pay some bills first. there are alot of companies in this industry who have done alot more and then we got little stereo shops tring to weasle themselves in. give me a break.
Old     (ride900)      Join Date: May 2007       09-05-2008, 11:04 AM Reply   
BRIAN IS AN IDIOT !!!!!! GO AWAY BRIAN.

I'm just sayin, no seriously go away.

Neptunes is here to stay. They do so much for the local riders in Nor-cal.

Brian Bye!!!
Old     (ride900)      Join Date: May 2007       09-05-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
Brian,
It seems like you might have a personal vendetta against Neptunes. I can tell you that they throw more $$$$ into local events then anyone in the area. ANYONE!!!!!

Can we get the break down of what you have done for the wake scene so we can justify your existence.

There are plenty of local events that could use your $$$, Please call Gary at DRA, Chuck at INT, or one of the CIE boys to donate all the massive amount of coin that you have.

THANK YOU!!!
RIDE ON PEOPLE,
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-05-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
yo j-rod,
we are going 9am to 5pm on sunday....
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-05-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
What a tool!
Old     (dhr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-05-2008, 11:12 AM Reply   
bye bye Brian , I don't believe that you even know the finances of Neptunes, nor is this the place to talk about that. Sorry that u are a hater . They are stand up guys i will always support the guys that support the riders
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-05-2008, 11:28 AM Reply   
Hopeless to argue with someone who doesn't understand what it's all about.
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-05-2008, 1:08 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/591410.html?1215460409
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-05-2008, 1:13 PM Reply   
that is hilarious it looks like brian didnt take davids advice. now he is on here provided nothing for our industry. i say it is time for a mutiny.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-05-2008, 2:12 PM Reply   
Thanks Nate!

Brian, you should register for a new screen name and start over buddy.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-05-2008, 2:31 PM Reply   
brian. dude chill out. like some other people on here talking crap on here about the event" joking or not" just keep it to yourself unless you know first hand what Neptune's does or doesn't do. they have put on real cool shows. they single handed put marine audio in the seen. with bringing out a real iasca judge to look over the audio events. im a guy that really likes audio and wake boarding at the same time. Neptune's does a lot for BOTH sides of the boating game. wake boarding and customizing boats with audio. what Neptune's and cie does is blowing up more and more every day. with a lot of help and the guidance from cie and Neptune's . we can put on a wake boarding show , boat customizing show and a huge party all at once. people over the boat game will be talking about the cie and neptune events. so lets come together and get it done and let the hatters hate and keep their arces at home where they belong.
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-05-2008, 8:55 PM Reply   
oh look, Neptunes sponsors an event wow. Gee, I wonder how long they have been doing this. They must have just decided after Brian's comment.
Upload
Old     (h20diva)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-06-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
Just to let everyone know, Neptunes was our very 1st sponsor, besides Delta Sport Boats. They took a chance on us in 06, and as you can see it was worth the risk for them... Keep your chin up NMA, we all know what time it is! As for Brian, I hope he followed Jarrod's advice and got himself a new screen name.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-06-2008, 5:39 PM Reply   
Ha, ha, ha... Yup. A special thank you to the guys at Neptunes from CIE. Without support from sponsors like you guys we couldn't afford to put on events like the Spring Ride.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-07-2008, 8:24 PM Reply   
so has the rail event been cancelled? because that would suck if it did, we have gone every year and it has been a such a good time year after year.. Can someone please confirm?
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-07-2008, 8:27 PM Reply   
u should read the thread that will give you your answer.
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-09-2008, 9:28 AM Reply   
Brian, it is people like you that have negative input in the industry. What have you done lately? Neptunes is an honest good shop that is all about supporting the industry.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-09-2008, 4:10 PM Reply   
Its nice that no one from Neptunes had to respond to Brian in this thread. Thats how respected and how important Neptunes is. Others stick up for them. I live in the Tri Valley but I took my boat to Neptunes in Stockton because the reputation and because they put back into the industry!
Old     (209finest)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-17-2008, 2:59 PM Reply   
I am happy to hear that the Sheriff's dept. did not approve this event. I guess none of you understand my point of view especially since you have no relation to the man who was murdered. Maybe if you put yourselves in my shoes there would be a better understanding. This is going to be a big event from the sounds of the posting and maybe it would have been a good outcome but could also could be a desater. You all should be happy especially since the murder victim is still roaming free and is known as a Lost Isle regular
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-17-2008, 3:07 PM Reply   
Elizabeth, I'm sorry to hear that, but do you know what goes on at the lost isle? There are parties there every weekend. There was still something going on there that weekend, but not an event. You should have seen labor day weekend, it was pretty crazy. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it is not shut down, and the parties will continue. Stopping an event like this was stupid, and has nothing to do with the death that occured previously.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-17-2008, 3:09 PM Reply   
sorry for your loss, but people get in fights every were and some even get killed we cant close the world off. I have lost several people close to me from violence you cant stop people from going places for it. The crowd that goes to this type of event is not a party crowd. Its simply a venue for an event. Sory again for your loss.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-17-2008, 3:14 PM Reply   
I was there 2 weekends after and they had a Harley Davidson bikini contest. Hmmmmm lets see, whats more likely to cause people to get out of control and do somthing stupid........bikini contests or watersport event???? VERY sorry for your loss but to say your glad it was stopped and not even know what it was that was stopped makes no sense.
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-17-2008, 3:14 PM Reply   
We don't understand your point of view because you haven't expressed one. It sounds like you don't want anyone at Lost Isle because you lost someone there. If so, you can't understand our point because you are grieving and not thinking rationally. It's ok.

Has Lost Isle been closed since the murder? Do we shut down every event at every location where there has ever been a murder?

How does a wakeboarding rail jam have anything to do with the stabbing? Is there something we should know that nobody has the guts to say? Are you implying that the folks from Neptunes were somehow involved?

Did the victim know the attacker?
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-17-2008, 3:32 PM Reply   
its very sad that something like that happened but im sure if i was wanted for murder. the last place i would be is the place where i committed the murder.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-17-2008, 7:52 PM Reply   
Im sorry but people die every day and you can't try to protect everyone else just because your in pain. When I was younger I knew someone that was stabbed at a San Jose club. Its not the same entirely as my friend lived through it. It was his 22nd bday and we were out having a good time. I guess some thug didn't like us or something so he walked up and just stuck him. Horrible but his parents didn't over react and try to shut the club down. These a**holes are out there and you can't hide in a shell or expect others to. I knew that going out to anyplace with alcohol was potentially dangerous and I accepted the risks. As we all do as people with common sense. Its not everyone elses fault this happened and they shouldn't be punished by stopping an annual event.