Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-02-2007, 1:26 PM Reply   
ok so this is my first real season of wakeboarding. Me and my friends wanted to know what normal progression is. we went on average about 10-15 times this year and can almost do wake to wake. can do jumps, board grabs, ride switch, and surface 180's but that is it. We are wondering if this is normal for the first season or weather or not we should have progressed more than that.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-02-2007, 1:29 PM Reply   
that seems normal to me... make sure you stick w/ riding switch, it will definitely help your progression. remember, you are only as good as the people you ride w/... don't get rid of your friends, but invite some better riders to come out w/ you guys....
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-02-2007, 1:30 PM Reply   
Thats not bad at all! Definetey a good progression! Work on taking those jumps wake to wake, work on getting your toeside wake to wake down, then start mixing some 180's and grabs in there and you'll be well on your way! Sounds like ya'll are doin good to me.
Old     (blueplastic)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-02-2007, 1:55 PM Reply   
First season, you should just focus on getting your face plants down and try at least a couple of raleys.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-02-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
yea i forgot to add face plant and eyeball slappers LOL. thanks guys doesnt make me feel so bad for not getting major air or getting the w2w down. I also dont have a tower and am going of the ski eye on the back of the boat and riding a I.o. fat sacs and tower are my winter project
Old     (dcranium)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-02-2007, 2:43 PM Reply   
Rick it took me a couple seasons to get good at consistent W2W. One wake TS180 seemed to be the easiest to start with as far as spins go, and the TS W2W took the most "faith" as I read somewhere on WW about the idea of taking your progressive edge, looking straight to the opp. shoreline and ignore the wake, stand tall in the trough of the wake and go for it. I landed on the other side of the wake and didn't realize it until a split second later cuz I was so focused on the shoreline.

Short story- you're on it!

2nd the riding switch as much as you can- will make the HS 180s easier to stick.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-02-2007, 2:51 PM Reply   
Sounds like you're doing great Rick! I just posted a thread about getting coaching and I couldn't recommend it more!!! There were so many little things that I wish I'd learned a long time ago as they would have set me up for better and faster progression. Ask around at your local shops and see what they offer or ask on here for your area.
Old     (erik_a)      Join Date: May 2007       10-02-2007, 2:59 PM Reply   
Likewise this was my first 'real' season of consistently riding every week. I snowboard a lot so that helped. We probably went out 30 days this year.

Now I am landing regular W2W TS & HS, switch HS W2W, switch HS 180, 1 wake BS 180, 1 wake 360.

Seems on par with your progression.
Old     (iluvrussell)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-03-2007, 11:06 AM Reply   
Not to brag, but my friend jeff and i started riding this summer and i have 3 inverts and jeff has 8
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-03-2007, 11:21 AM Reply   
damn man that is awesome. yea we were hoping for more progression but we did alot of basics. i guess inverts will have to wait till next year and the tower
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-03-2007, 11:27 AM Reply   
Going W2W TS and HS with a few grabs and 180s is a solid 1st year IMO. Landing 3s and inverts is ahead of the curve, especially for those younger than 14 or older than 30.