Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-13-2005, 12:38 PM Reply   
I took my nephews ages are 9 and 12 out today. I ran my SAN today with no weight in the back but still had a 550 in the locker. They would jump one wake and land in the middle then hit the other and get tossed sometimes.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-13-2005, 12:49 PM Reply   
I drain and pull slower.

Are you riding Saturday morning? Billy needs a pull in da AM.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-13-2005, 12:59 PM Reply   
J-rod don't think so. I think we are going to a INT comp. Oh ya I did pull slower I am just trying to make it easyer for them. I was thinking I could shorten the rope or make it real long. Its just the other wake that gets them every now and then.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-13-2005, 12:59 PM Reply   
I drain mine and pull my 10 year old at 18. Wake is still big at the slower speed. He has jumped over the center white wash a couple of times.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-13-2005, 1:01 PM Reply   
The front full will round the wake over and make it easier to cross. Plus it will allow you to pull at a slower speed and not wash the wake. Super Airs need that weight in the bow even just when cruising or they porpoise.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-13-2005, 3:14 PM Reply   
Super air porpoise???

Never noticed tho I don't own one.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-13-2005, 3:29 PM Reply   
That's funny mine breezes across the lake no problem while cruising,I think my old Malibu porpoised w/o weight in the nose if anything.
Old    setdallas            07-13-2005, 3:32 PM Reply   
I keep about 300 lbs in the front of my 'bu and pull at 18 -- the weight in the front keeps the bow down better and makes it easier to drive -- IMO
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-13-2005, 3:34 PM Reply   
yeah my SS is fine when cruising. I could see it porpoising if there was weight in the back and absolutely none in front, but if your empty in the rear it doesn't need any weight in front. I don't know about kids, but I usually drain the ballast and pull the rope in shorter for beginners as well as slowing down
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-13-2005, 3:34 PM Reply   
Peter, are you saying that the wake would be easier for the kids to cross by keeping the front filled, Sanger V230? I will have to try that.
Old    alanp            07-13-2005, 5:41 PM Reply   
squid. i think lengthen the rope and once they get super comfortable then shorten it a bit so they can clear the wakes.
good luck this weekend. wish i could ride with you guys
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-13-2005, 6:41 PM Reply   
alan, thats what i was thinking, but a short rope and them making it over might give them the boost plus put a smile on their face. I am super stoked also that I can share the stoke and pass the the skills I have learned on to them. I know I will cry the day they ask to take the boat out by them selfs.
Old    ren            07-13-2005, 6:45 PM Reply   
I'd try a shorter rope, and let it out more and more as they start landing too far outside.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-13-2005, 11:01 PM Reply   
I probably should rephrase the word porpoise...too say "rides better" when weighted in the bow. Seems like when you have 5+ people in the back and no weight in the front a Super Sport/Air the bow tends to "bounce" more when hitting other wakes and waves. This is easily corrected by filling the front sac/tank.

Douglas, not sure how much it will change your boats wake, but it is worth a shot. Might just make it bigger and not round it over??

Squid, you know most of the tricks in the book for teaching newbies and good riders