Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (sambo13)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-20-2015, 9:17 AM Reply   
So after a fairly exhaustive search (read: more than 3 minutes) of this site, BuCrew, etc., I have yet to find an answer to this question. So, here goes...

I'm looking to plumb a bow sac (specifically, this one - http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-i...d-bow-sac.html ) into a Malibu VTX. I think I've got the majority of the plumbing figured out, except for the best way to vent this thing. My original thought was to have two vent lines, using the holes located on the top of each arm. My logic behind this would be to keep an air pocket from accumulating on either side of the sac.

However, I've also thought about venting from the hole at the front of the sac. Since the boat will generally sit stern-heavy, it would make sense for air pockets to be prone to forming at this spot anyways.

So, which of these options would make the most sense? Or is there a different, better option that I'm missing completely? Thanks guys!
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-20-2015, 9:27 AM Reply   
My vote is the nose. Think about if you had the vents on the arms when you are accelerating? all the water is going to be pushed to the back of the bag and then pour out of the vent.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-20-2015, 10:13 AM Reply   
yeah use the hole at the front/top. use one of the leg ports to fill.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       05-20-2015, 10:19 AM Reply   
what pump are you using to fill it. If you're using an impellar pump it will suck all the air out of it and you wont have any issues with air pockets.
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-20-2015, 8:12 PM Reply   
Before you purchase the sac, make sure you have enough room under your seats for it to fill completely, or at least enough that it's gonna do what you want. I had the same sac under the seats of my 99 star, and I could only get it about half full, so I ultimately switched over to a full on bow sac. With respect to venting, I'd try it first with no vents and see what happens. I've never had a vent on my bow sac (filled with an impeller pump), and I've never felt like I've needed one.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-20-2015, 9:18 PM Reply   
I used that bag in my 14 vlx and you cannot fill it all the way under the seats. May I suggest an install like Fman's. you could then run under the seat or on top, more versatility IMO. see post 26
http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/...install/page-2
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-21-2015, 8:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillywakeboarder View Post
Before you purchase the sac, make sure you have enough room under your seats for it to fill completely, or at least enough that it's gonna do what you want. I had the same sac under the seats of my 99 star, and I could only get it about half full, so I ultimately switched over to a full on bow sac. With respect to venting, I'd try it first with no vents and see what happens. I've never had a vent on my bow sac (filled with an impeller pump), and I've never felt like I've needed one.

I use the open bow sac under my playpen. I can't get mine too full or my seats pop up, so I've never needed a vent and haven't had any issues. It only gets about 3/4 full and I've never noticed it sloshing around either.