Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-08-2011, 1:51 PM Reply   
if you could invent/ market one thing to wakeboat manufactures what would it be?
it could be an accesorry, design change, whatever.

for me it would be a gauge that shows the direction the rudder is currently in, for newbs.
this idea was actually my brother and laws but the more i thought about it the more i realized how simple and helpful it would be to some folks.

whats your ideas?
Old     (flapjack)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-08-2011, 2:21 PM Reply   
Your wish is granted.
http://www.davisnet.com/marine/produ...asp?pnum=00385

I want faster super duper ballast filling. I want the whole thing filled in empty in 2-3 minutes. I'm not talking about a few pounds, I want 3-5K lbs in 2-3 minutes.
Old     (whelchel86)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-08-2011, 2:30 PM Reply   
A disco ball, fog machine, and stripper pole!

But seriously, I'm not very up to date with the new boats and all their features but do any of them have GPS built in?(aside from maybe that center console MC...) I put a Lowrance GPS/Sonar unit on my last fishing boat and it was great. Made navigation in the dark very easy since u could follow your exact same route from earlier and you were able to flag/mark any water hazards. Would also show topographical maps with the water depths pre-loaded. A big help when riding in new water you aren't familiar with. And I think the new side imaging stuff from hummingbird is great too but I couldn't really see a use for that on a new wakeboat.
Old     (chexi)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-08-2011, 2:38 PM Reply   
If I think of something, I'll patent it and actually sell it to them. I won't give away my money ideas here, that's for sure.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-08-2011, 2:52 PM Reply   
a tower that EVERYONE liked
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-08-2011, 3:07 PM Reply   
a rain umbrella, that works like a fan, opens and closes like a fan, a clamp that clamps on the tower ball, then you can fan it out over your bimini just when it pours. It could have tent pools that have elastic that can connect like a rain cover on a tent, it could be 10ft round, clip to the ball and cover the bow and the side of the boat. It would not need straps etc and when the rain stops un clip the c clip from the ball and fan it back, it would take up no space when closed, be made of tent material, light weight and water proof. I am working on building one
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-08-2011, 3:08 PM Reply   
A time machine, so I can go back and start riding when I was 5 years old.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-08-2011, 3:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chexi View Post
If I think of something, I'll patent it and actually sell it to them. I won't give away my money ideas here, that's for sure.
yes
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-08-2011, 3:33 PM Reply   
push button bimini
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-08-2011, 3:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
No doubt. It is funny how the young kids simply just do it. I got my 7 year old girl a board for her birthday. She has been on it about 15 times now and she is carving up a storm. She started wake jumps today. She looks like a natural.
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       08-08-2011, 3:56 PM Reply   
a hybrid...i'm tired of $130 fill ups
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-08-2011, 4:33 PM Reply   
A wide angle (50ft) ray or laser beam that shoots out the front of the bow or tower at the water and makes the water molecules from moving ever which way (aka chop, rollers etc.) Resulting in smooth water for driving and Wakeboarding. I'll call it.. THE BUTTER BEAM!!!! *insert evil cackel here* bahaha!!!!
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-08-2011, 4:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Will the wake boat have to go 88 knots or 88 mph ?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-08-2011, 4:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
Will the wake boat have to go 88 knots or 88 mph ?
I don't know about that but how are they going to create 1.21 gigawatts?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-08-2011, 4:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Have a couple beers and a bag of chips. When your done, throw the trash into MR. FUSION
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-08-2011, 4:49 PM Reply   
Jack, go one better and "wish" for a ballast system that fills in 20-30 seconds as the boat is getting on plane...then drains just as fast...Up on plane like an empty boat...yet a slumpin wake.
Old     (Cipher)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-08-2011, 4:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
I want faster super duper ballast filling. I want the whole thing filled in empty in 2-3 minutes. I'm not talking about a few pounds, I want 3-5K lbs in 2-3 minutes.
Your wish is granted:

http://www.epicboats.com/
http://mbsports.net/accessory_view.a...essory=ballast
http://www.centurionboats.com/featur...st-system.html

Last edited by Cipher; 08-08-2011 at 5:03 PM.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-08-2011, 4:59 PM Reply   
An affordable price tag...
Old     (tazz3069)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-08-2011, 5:15 PM Reply   
Tell SC to redesign the boat. Get rid of the bags and put in hard tanks. I have been asking this for 4 years now.
Old     (spf2275)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-08-2011, 5:16 PM Reply   
a water balloon cannon that automatically fires at jet skiers and bass boats when they're buzzing my downed rider at 50mph completely oblivious to the fact that they're only 25ft away
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-08-2011, 5:28 PM Reply   
A central wet/dry vacuum to clean and dry the inside of the boat.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-08-2011, 5:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjCRU...GKCb9Y&index=3
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-08-2011, 6:08 PM Reply   
A lead sled and worm drive under the floor which auto balances the boat left to right
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-08-2011, 6:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Pimp
Old     (Cipher)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-08-2011, 6:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
That's coming right after they add a foot massage trough and manicure station as standard features.
Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       08-08-2011, 7:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
An affordable price tag...
No doubt!!!! How about a boat under 40k.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-08-2011, 7:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz3069 View Post
Tell SC to redesign the boat. Get rid of the bags and put in hard tanks. I have been asking this for 4 years now.
Funny how the Supra guys ask for bags. And the Malibu guys yank the tanks & put in bags.
Old     (tazz3069)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-08-2011, 8:05 PM Reply   
Main reason for hating the bags
1. They never fully drain. After a long hard day of wakeboarding, try lifting those things out to drain. PIA
2. I need to remove everything out of the lockers when the bags are full. God for bid Someone forgets to remove something and the bags are full.
3. I have torn two bags already. The weld keeps coming apart at the connector. I even removed the strap that holds down the hose. The second rip was this weekend.
4. I almost could not put my boat in different waters because there was a small amount of water left in the bags from the lake I was at. ZEBRA MUSSELS

My buddies with hard tanks never have those type of problems.
Old     (sunsport22v)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-08-2011, 8:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake_eater View Post
a hybrid...i'm tired of $130 fill ups

I wish I had a $130 fill up. I just put 1/2 tank of Fuel in and is $180! 84 gallon tank is huge. My former Supra 40 gallon tank was much less painful on the wallet.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-09-2011, 6:46 AM Reply   
a credit card reader for all those "oh man, i don't have any cash on me" guys.
Old     (sodaksooner)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-09-2011, 6:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by whelchel86 View Post

But seriously, I'm not very up to date with the new boats and all their features but do any of them have GPS built in?(aside from maybe that center console MC...) I put a Lowrance GPS/Sonar unit on my last fishing boat and it was great. Made navigation in the dark very easy since u could follow your exact same route from earlier and you were able to flag/mark any water hazards. Would also show topographical maps with the water depths pre-loaded. A big help when riding in new water you aren't familiar with. And I think the new side imaging stuff from hummingbird is great too but I couldn't really see a use for that on a new wakeboat.
2011 SANTE has this with built in charts. Looked at it on our friend's boat. Pretty slick. Our lake levels fluctuate so much around here that water depth would be worthless though. Don't know if it has waypoint, or hazard marking, but at least you can follow your track. Now the cool thing would be if you could set your route/run and use autopilot(as long as you were paying attention) to drive the thing.....

Last edited by sodaksooner; 08-09-2011 at 7:07 AM. Reason: misspelling/grammar
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-09-2011, 7:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
This
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-09-2011, 7:12 AM Reply   
A Butter Maker. A device that smooths the water ahead of the boat and rider.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-09-2011, 7:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodaksooner View Post
2011 SANTE has this with built in charts. Looked at it on our friend's boat. Pretty slick. Our lake levels fluctuate so much around here that water depth would be worthless though. Don't know if it has waypoint, or hazard marking, but at least you can follow your track. Now the cool thing would be if you could set your route/run and use autopilot(as long as you were paying attention) to drive the thing.....
you have the ability to add your own hazard and waypoint markers, I know this because Supra uses the same system Nautique does.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-09-2011, 7:34 AM Reply   
#1. Either a money tree growing in my boathouse, or just everytime i open my glove box have it automagically have about a grand in it so i could sooner or later buy a new boat.
#2. For nautique to remanufacture the old 210 hull at an actual price point, mean the average joe could buy it, not 60 or 70.
#3. a product that would kill all spiders and mosquitos so that EVERY single time i walk into my boathouse, there isn't a layer of bugs, and spiders everywhere in there along with the spider crap and spider webs that seem to fill the boathouse in less than 24 hours. And yes we have tried all kinds of products but it seems that everything we've tried has only lasted a few days max then you have to redo it anyway.
Old     (bhyatt_ohp)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-09-2011, 7:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
A lead sled and worm drive under the floor which auto balances the boat left to right
That is a pretty legit idea right there.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-09-2011, 7:36 AM Reply   
A tube melting laser. My brother-in-law was one of the lead engineers on the Boeing airborne laser program. If they can successfully shoot down a missle from XXXX miles away, surely a laser can melt a tuber's tube thus rendering them useless. I'll gladly take a section of lake where no tubing or jetskiis are allowed.
Old     (sasky_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-09-2011, 7:37 AM Reply   
auto steer... just like in farming! set your PP set the auto steer and .... you can sit back and relax while the rider does his thing. Of course you'd need a radar type sensor out the front to warn of any obstacles... lol
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-09-2011, 10:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett33 View Post
Square Smartphone Credit Card Reader
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-09-2011, 10:55 AM Reply   
Electric operated bimini top.
A hull that produced a straight 6' tall surf wave
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-09-2011, 12:32 PM Reply   
Ralph...I would add one on each side of the gunnels as well to balance nose/tail weight as well. You could even get really creative with it and create a program where you dial in your "ideal" bow rise during towing and left right balance and it could auto adjust as you went through gas, added or dropped off people, etc.
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-09-2011, 1:03 PM Reply   
Boat under $40 is my top choice. Second is a boat that can fold in half so I can have twice the room (width). Third, boat that can fit in normal garage. Fourth, boat that cleans itself, inside and out. Fifth, boat air conditioning (it's too hot in Phoenix, AZ). Sixth, a boat that rides on a hydrofoil but kicks out any type wake I want. I could go on and one with ideas.
Old     (jtech)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-09-2011, 10:01 PM Reply   
A boat that can teach my wife to drive it, dock it, back it down the ramp and put it on the trailer. :-P

On a serious note, somewhere in the bow to store the anchor on my Malibu.
Old     (travis_briscoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-09-2011, 10:23 PM Reply   
An adjustable/automatic upside-down hydrofoil on the underside of the hull that pulled the boat down enough that you wouldn't need to weight it. And no I'm not referring to the wedge/power wedge, haha.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-10-2011, 8:59 AM Reply   
I would love to see solar panels built in somewhere. Maybe right behind the bow seat and in front of the windsheilds. Just big enough to help batteries remain charged while playing the stereo at the beach while the engine is off...
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-10-2011, 10:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis_briscoe View Post
An adjustable/automatic upside-down hydrofoil on the underside of the hull that pulled the boat down enough that you wouldn't need to weight it. And no I'm not referring to the wedge/power wedge, haha.
Switchblade maybe?

Saw one that Murphy was playing with a few yrs ago on an older Prostar 190. It was just behind the skegs, adjustable, entire width of the boat. Pretty wild setup that made the boat kick up a pretty descent wake.

Solar could be cool. But they can't even get a golf cart to run on solar yet. So you better start some R&D Brett.

Last edited by bill_airjunky; 08-10-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old     (travis_briscoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-10-2011, 10:14 AM Reply   
That sounds like what I am talking about Bill. That way, if you wanted to cruise to some nicer water you could just switch the hydrofoil up and be off, rather than emptying 6 fat sacs before you go. I assume you're referring to Mike Murphy? I wonder what ever happened to that, and if it's actually a realistic idea for boat companies.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-10-2011, 10:23 AM Reply   
I think the big wakeboat manufacturers should add more bling. There just aren't enough completely useless flashy chrome pieces on today's boats. Oh, and throw in a proprietary touch screen that will break after a few years beyond the warranty so that they can get more money selling replacements.

Oops, I just hinted at something that I bet they're already working toward: Make an app that will use an Ipad or Smartphone for the instrument cluster and all controls.
Old     (iliketowakealot)      Join Date: May 2011       08-10-2011, 10:44 AM Reply   
I wish wakeboard manufacturers would develop a COMPLETE library of manuals to provide owners with parts list, wiring diagrams and precise how-to-fix and replace broken stuff. Forums, Google and youtube should not always be the answer.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-10-2011, 11:05 AM Reply   
Incorporate the worlds skinniest most powerful sound bar into the entire backside of a one piece wakeboard tower so that it is virtually invisible and everyone is wondering where that loud noise is coming from.
The 18 toilet bowl speakers hanging from your tower will be a trend of the past. It is so 90's
Old     (walb0244)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-10-2011, 5:29 PM Reply   
I like the back of the epic where it has the speakers so that there is less weight on the tower way up in the air.

On the boat with no ballast. There was a website at one time with a guy designing that but I can't remember the name of it. The guy was working on a prototype but never saw anything of it. It was neat. Neat idea. It was gonna be designed so that when the rider fell and you backed off the throttle it woudl go up so that you wasn't creating drag while returning back to pick up the driver. Also, I think stayed up till you got up to cruising speed then lowered. So basically it would help with fuel use. I thought was pretty neat idea.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       08-10-2011, 6:41 PM Reply   
I like the butter beam idea. Aside from that I don't really have any complaints about my old Supra. It does everything I need it to. The only thing I would want is in addition to the Perfect Pass paddlewheel a GPS speedometer would be nice to get accurate higher speed readings to 50 MPH that I've had on GPS, but many companies make those and I'll install one eventually. Hidden ballast that works at the flip of a switch would be nice but it's whatever and if I want I can add that at some point. I'm a keep it simple type of person so all I need to be happy is a decent inboard and some flat water. My stereo isn't anything crazy, just a decent head unit and 4 decent speakers, but it would be nice to automatically increase/decrease volume so I don't have to reach for the volume... But they make that and I can add it at any time. There's really nothing my old boat needs that I can't add for a fair price and the new boats come with this stuff. Like I said, all I really want is flat water but nobody can control that.
Old     (hyperlink)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-11-2011, 11:47 AM Reply   
An unlimited supply of boat bun... if anyone remembers what that is.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-11-2011, 6:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis_briscoe View Post
That sounds like what I am talking about Bill. That way, if you wanted to cruise to some nicer water you could just switch the hydrofoil up and be off, rather than emptying 6 fat sacs before you go. I assume you're referring to Mike Murphy? I wonder what ever happened to that, and if it's actually a realistic idea for boat companies.
Yea, he still has the boat. His brother Pat uses it in marine stadium more often now days. As I recall he stopped working on it too much because of the Wedge patents. And he's got so many other ideas that he doesn't feel like developing one that could have legal battles already..... even though their not the same, the similarities were so close that he'd felt like he'd be constantly defending himself.

Last edited by bill_airjunky; 08-11-2011 at 6:45 PM.
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-13-2011, 6:37 AM Reply   
video camera & mount installed on tower
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-13-2011, 7:17 AM Reply   
Ability to trim prop up when needed
Old     (spf2275)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-13-2011, 10:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
2012 Mastercraft pro package includes an auto leveling system that is supposed to do that I believe. I think it uses tabs.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-13-2011, 10:51 AM Reply   
I would invent a way to be able to sort through used boats online and trust the sellers word without a surveyor and have it shipped.

Also the guys who are known to win comps. and awarded as some of the best are only there because of opportunity. Who knows how many thousands of kids would best the leaders if they only had the means and opportunity. You're not one of the best unless the world has entered the competition. Invent a way to get people in a boat early that are true enthusiasts that dont care about the beer and girls and $$$ bling hype.
I drive around lakes and see the same boats just sit there and they never get used but only a few times a year. Many owners of boats that live on my street never use their boats. Why cant we just share with those who are potential true enthusiasts of the sport .

So far this site is the best invention.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-13-2011, 12:58 PM Reply   
For me it will be an automated puch button boat cover, tired of taking off and putting back the cover after a long day on the water...... !!!!
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-13-2011, 4:49 PM Reply   
Sometimes I feel there's not enough toilets on my boat. 1 is OK I guess but when 2 or 3 people need to go we have to go in our hands and wait. Some people look at us like they're tryin to clown but it don't matter because I paid in cash for my X80, payments are for suckers. but you all wouldn't know anything about that cause you don't have an X80. If anyone wants some, come see me out there stuntin' with the flyest boat.. Broke ass bums!
OG San Loe L
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-13-2011, 5:21 PM Reply   
Forget the stripper pole, if you pay $80,000.00 it should come with a stripper!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-13-2011, 5:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyws6mama View Post
video camera & mount installed on tower
That was available on 2011 Tige and Malibu.
Old     (Cipher)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-13-2011, 6:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
That was available on 2011 Tige and Malibu.
Or you could skip the overpriced crappy manufacturer's option and buy something that delivers better results:

http://www.wakejak.com/camera_mount.html
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-14-2011, 5:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by radikal View Post
For me it will be an automated puch button boat cover, tired of taking off and putting back the cover after a long day on the water...... !!!!
If you keep your boat at a dock, this exists: http://liquidaudiosounds.com/the-aut...cover-p-2.html. They work great. Just about eliminates the spiders and bugs as well.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-14-2011, 6:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
Or you could skip the overpriced crappy manufacturer's option and buy something that delivers better results:

http://www.wakejak.com/camera_mount.html
I'm sure you've done an in depth analysis comparing the two different systems.But as usual you give us your [the only way it can be because cipher the almighty who is in love with himself said so.]opinion.
Old     (sbronco68)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-15-2011, 11:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett33 View Post
Go look uo "square" its a credit card reader that plugs into your phone or Ipad and its free!!!! well the reader is free.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-15-2011, 12:24 PM Reply   
A way to set a stereo volume for idling and then another one for towing speed. The amount of times my dad doesn't turn off the stereo after turning round so I can't hear anything and then also forgetting to turn it up when he takes off
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-15-2011, 1:10 PM Reply   
^^^^^^^^^^^^

HSE Volume Control

Heard a rumor they stopped making them but if you can get your hands on it, they are great. Best thing I added to my boat this year... always have tunes when riding now and one less thing to worry about when driving.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-17-2011, 12:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasky_rider View Post
auto steer... just like in farming! set your PP set the auto steer and .... you can sit back and relax while the rider does his thing. Of course you'd need a radar type sensor out the front to warn of any obstacles... lol
This has been available for years but you do need to watch where you are going.

On long trips with big seas an auto pilot is awesome because you don't have to constantly fight the wheel as waves and current push you off course. Its also nice for holding course while fishing. I have a wireless unit I wear on my neck for course adjustments while not at the wheel.
Old    Haugy            08-17-2011, 1:10 PM Reply   
Breast magnification device. Any chick who gets on your boat, the boobs automatically get bigger.

Or bikini removal device. Any chick who gets on your boat, the bikini disappears.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-17-2011, 1:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haugy View Post
Breast magnification device. Any chick who gets on your boat, the boobs automatically get bigger.

Or bikini removal device. Any chick who gets on your boat, the bikini disappears.
U sound like my perfect ridin buddy
Old     (jrbishop4)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-17-2011, 2:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidmx View Post
Ralph...I would add one on each side of the gunnels as well to balance nose/tail weight as well. You could even get really creative with it and create a program where you dial in your "ideal" bow rise during towing and left right balance and it could auto adjust as you went through gas, added or dropped off people, etc.
the program is already created just need to tie it into the weights.
www.wakegauge.com

I have used this gauge for a few years now and we always have a great wake no matter how many people and gear we more around.