Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-13-2011, 6:51 PM Reply   
I once heard a rumor that Zane Schwenk originally named a trick with a toeside double-blind (both hands behind your back) approach into backroll backside 360 the "Cock and Balls". Somehow the name for the trick became the Slurpee instead. I think Slurpee is a much better name.

Can we somehow change the name of a Whirlydick? The phrase cableboarding has been knocking around this forum and now its starting to catch on.

How about Whirly 7? Whirly 7 does not imply a double ole, just like a Whirly 5 does not imply a double ole. Whirly 5 ends in a handlepass. Whirly 7 ends in a handlepass.

Don't like that?

How about Whirlymobe?
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-13-2011, 7:34 PM Reply   
I call them whirly 7s already, because I dont know the names of mobes. And I'm actually with you on this one, I think whirly 7 sounds better than whirlydick. Whirlydick sounds like an x rated movie.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-13-2011, 8:03 PM Reply   
I guess this was so monumental it had to be posted twice.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=788856
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-13-2011, 8:11 PM Reply   
I think Whirlydick is a cool name
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-13-2011, 9:02 PM Reply   
The second posting of this thread was an accident. The back button on my browser...etc

I agree with Ben Wilcox, too

I think it makes more sense to call a Tantrum-ole-to-handlepass-720 by the name of Whirly 7, because it's just (more or less) a twist of the hips added to a Whirly 540 with an early handle pass. A Tantrum-double-ole-720 is very different than a Whirly 540 because your hand stays over your head instead of down into the small of your back.

I bet a "Whirly Dick" would have been called a Whirly 7 if it was landed before Park's double ole version Whirly 7.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-13-2011, 9:25 PM Reply   
i think we should leave it as is

whirlydick

also, lets change a few others, lets turn s-mobe into....

S-DICK

how about dumb dumb, its a toe front back 3, or, a tootsie with a an extra 180. So lets call it a...

Tootsie-Dick

oh oh ohhhh, lets call a moby dick 5 a.....

DICKMOBE!!!

Kidding of coarse, i get what you mean when you say the name whirly dick sounds more like an x-rated movie
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-13-2011, 9:26 PM Reply   
Slim 5 = slim dick

lets keep wakeboarding names DIRTY
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-13-2011, 9:33 PM Reply   
This is the double ole variation of a Whirly 7

Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-14-2011, 5:26 AM Reply   
I always thought the double ole whirly was the whirly 7 and the whilry dick had its own name because it was a combonation of the moby dick and whilry bird.
Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-14-2011, 6:55 AM Reply   
Henry has it right. Whirly 7 is different from the whirlydick. Shouldn't change the name but call it what you will... which is wrong. Whirly 5 doesn't necessarily end in a handlepass, you can land blind. Whirlydick has a handlepass like a moby dick, so it makes sense to have that name.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-14-2011, 10:02 PM Reply   
The phrase "cableboarding" has only been knocking around this forum because you insist on spewing it out at every chance. No it is not starting to catch on.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-15-2011, 4:35 AM Reply   
yeah I second that^^ lol
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-15-2011, 7:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesydog View Post
The phrase "cableboarding" has only been knocking around this forum because you insist on spewing it out at every chance. No it is not starting to catch on.
I think he got one noob who didn't know what was going on to say it.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-15-2011, 8:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo8290 View Post
slim 5 = slim dick

lets keep wakeboarding names dirty
awesome!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-15-2011, 8:32 AM Reply   
Then can we call the Fat Chance 5 a "Fat Dick"????/
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-15-2011, 1:18 PM Reply   
Haha, maybe dirty names will give wakeboarders street cred with the snowboarders and skateboarders as badasses (because we all care).
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-15-2011, 2:19 PM Reply   
The IDONTCARE vibe is a huge cred gainer. Or so I hear.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-15-2011, 2:21 PM Reply   
Forget RIDER DOWN flags... we're gonna end up seeing these pop up all over the place.
Attached Images

Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-15-2011, 6:26 PM Reply   
you could just keep them all how they are and stop trying to change things... its seemed to work so far!!
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-15-2011, 8:38 PM Reply   
a moby dick is a whirly into a moby dick just like adam said above. the name makes more sense then a lot of
other trick names
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-15-2011, 9:33 PM Reply   
Everyone needs to stop responding/bumping these stupid Cisco threads. Just let them die. I only responded because it was one of the most recent. Stirring up controversy because you can't ride is not cool.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-16-2011, 12:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
Everyone needs to stop responding/bumping these stupid Cisco threads. Just let them die. I only responded because it was one of the most recent. Stirring up controversy because you can't ride is not cool.
i second this, but sometimes things have to be set straight for those who can be affected by this mumbo jumbo

especially when he is a self proclaimed "ww jestor" as is listed under his occupation on his profile. Plzzz Dave, say it aint so... i hope your not compensating this stuff.... im joking here though

if Cisco has a problem with trick names that can be skewed to resemble the male body maybe he would be less offended if they were female instead, like his profile pic.
.... GET REAL CISCO. CHANGE THAT. It has nothing to do with wakeboarding. i swear the pics get worse and worse... teach me from clicking on your profile i guess, even if it is to point out your BS
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-17-2011, 10:00 PM Reply   
haha! you guys are hilarious. For a moment I thot you guys didn't recognize me for the true champion that I am. haha. You really had me going there! lol