Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-03-2008, 10:20 AM Reply   
OK got the spray guns I wanted for Christmas. I have a few things I need to paint on my Jeep and the boat trailer. Wear in Dallas can I get paint products? And painting in the garage how did you build your own paint booth? Have any pic's? Jet
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-03-2008, 11:41 AM Reply   
Painting in a garage I would wet the floor down just before spraying. It will help keep the dust down. You don't really need a booth just a calm wind free day. You might get some dust or other things in the paint. You can always wet sand and buff though.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       02-03-2008, 6:13 PM Reply   
use a box fan with a heat pump filter in your booth to keep positive pressure in the area and helps calm the fumes too. Ditto on the wet floor.
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-04-2008, 5:38 AM Reply   
Jet, English Color will have everything you need to paint it just right.

I painted my old motorcycle in the garage and it works great. The main thing to remember is to try and keep dust out. That means you need to wear lint free clothing too. Wet down the garage floor and you should be good to go.

Definitely wear a mask though, and if you need some help, let me know.
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-04-2008, 8:00 AM Reply   
Heres what I had in mind. Hanging a shower curtain around the painting area. Putting my box fan in the attic stair area sucking fumes into the attic and keeping the garage door shut. Do I need to worry about the fumes in the attc? I also have a solar attic fan to suck the fumes out thru the roof, water heater is in the garage. Worry there??

Hey BirdDog we need to hit the lake this year..sorry new business got real buzy. You hit the boat show yet?

(Message edited by andrewjet on February 04, 2008)
Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-04-2008, 8:09 AM Reply   
All Good advice...make sure that anything else in the garage is covered or protected because overspray will get onto everything and go everywhere.
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-04-2008, 8:43 AM Reply   
If any of your appliances are gas. Like water heater dryer and they are in the garage you could have a fire problem.
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-04-2008, 9:30 AM Reply   
Yeah, went Friday night... We do need to get out there together sometime though. I moved out of Craig Ranch last month, so not as close, but just to Frisco.
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-04-2008, 10:12 AM Reply   
You got it man..I'll keep you on my short list.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-04-2008, 10:48 AM Reply   
I would put the fumes outside, If you pump the overspray into your atTic you are gonna have a nice bomb on your hands. I WOULD NOT PUMP THE FUMES INTO THE ATTIC. when i did it I hung plastic from the ceiling put 2 box fans in the front with a wet AC filter and one box fan at the exit with a wet AC filter on it. Make sure you have all the fan plugged into GFI's. Wet the floor and your good to go. You might want to spray at night becasue if its like California. Its super illegal, and you will see the overspary out side. I painted white and in the morning my parrents whole back yard had a mist of white on it.

Have fun, nothin like doing a job your self
Old     (dragginby)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-04-2008, 12:28 PM Reply   
I just got done painting my s-10 in my garage friday. I masked off my walls with plastic and stuck a shop fan @ my doggy door on my garage side door. Pumped it out. I heated my garage before too. I walked out front to check and you could smell it but would not be able to tell where it was coming from. Now my fan has a satin black finish.