Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (hdultra)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-22-2010, 7:56 AM Reply   
I got a liquid force lyman 143 for christmas and was planning on using my old 3ds bindings on it but am having a problem with them so I was looking at some new boots. I was thinking of either the Watsons regular or ltd plus I put a friend of mine ronix ones on just to see if they fit and really liked the way it looked. What are some of the advantages of both of these boots and can I run the ones on the board without out any problems. I am looking at the 2009 models. Thanks
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-22-2010, 8:11 AM Reply   
Ronix boots will fit on LF.

LF Watsons: Super comfortable, good consistent flex, not too stiff, nice soft footbed, but a little heavy and the laces break.

Ronix Ones: Insanely light, super easy in an out, durable, but not enough footbed and I had problems with the laces as well.

Both great boots, you honestly couldn't go wrong with either.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-22-2010, 8:27 AM Reply   
I like LF boots much more than Ronix.
basically everything Luker said is true

LF - awesome footbed/ Tighten like no other boot on the market, best lacing system out there

Ronix - they're light but I had Cells and went through 3 pairs in like 2 months... never really got as tight as I would have liked... I used ones for a few months and they just didn't hold my whole foot, but that was 2 years ago, they may have improved.

I would go LF
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-22-2010, 11:01 AM Reply   
The newer Ronix's are great. The improved the durability for what they had a few years ago. I, like Nick, had problems with the Cells a few years ago. However, last year I went back to the Cells, and they held up much better. They are wicked comfy, and have great heel hold. Also, yes, they will fit on the Lyman. My setup is the Lyman 143 with the Ronix Cells.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-22-2010, 11:21 AM Reply   
I agree with the above. I had 07,08 and 09 Ronix Ones and they are much improved over the first 2 models.

However... I'd go with the LFs as well.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-22-2010, 11:32 AM Reply   
the 09+ ronix boots are the best ive ever owned.
long time LF binding guy, tryied a set of the 09s on and was instantly sold. difference was amazing.

however i went with the flexier reliks over the ones. the ones were too stiff up top for my tastes.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-22-2010, 12:10 PM Reply   
LOVE my watson ltd extremely comfortable and not overly stiff. Never been in a pair of ONES though. Had cells and hated them lots of heal lift they were 08's. Boot is such a personal preference
Old     (bskennn)      Join Date: Jun 2009       02-25-2010, 3:52 PM Reply   
http://tv.ronixwake.com/media-22212-Danny_Harf-videos-One_Boot.html

i think one of the best boots out there
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-25-2010, 4:22 PM Reply   
09+ Ronix ftw