Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (callumalmost)      Join Date: May 2011       05-29-2011, 2:54 PM Reply   
I was looking at getting some 2010 lf Shane bindings, i thought i'd see what everyone on wakeworld had to say about them, and i saw a few people talking about air pockets popping and taking in water makeing them heavy, i wanted to know is this that common, and would it be likley to happen to me as i only ride for about 5-6 months out of the year and only ride behind the boat on average 2 times a week, also i am just learning, i learnt w2wlast season, so wouldnt be thrashing the bindings that much, one last thing i know they cover them with a warranty, but how long is the warranty for. i need bindings to last me about 2 seasons as im only a student, are theese good bindings to go for as i found an amazing deal on them.
sorry about so many questions but any advice would be much apperciated. Thanks
Old    BenjTrogdon            05-29-2011, 3:04 PM Reply   
You should go ahead and get some 2011s. Im not going to lie, the 2010's will bust eventually, and fill up with water, making them pretty heavy....but the 2011s CANT bust. I went through many pairs of LF bindings during 2009-2010, but I think my 2011 watsons are going to last all season
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-29-2011, 4:51 PM Reply   
how CANT they bust, just curious
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-29-2011, 4:55 PM Reply   
Yup, go with 2011s. I went through two pairs of the 09 watson limiteds. The second pair lasted longer than the first, and popped just out of warranty but Liquid still honored it and replaced them with 2011s.

The new bindings are just as light (if not lighter), and they last way longer. Plus the air pockets in the new ones are supposedly replaceable (or so I was told by some people at a local shop) in the event that they pop.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-30-2011, 7:25 AM Reply   
Why don't you buy the 2010's and when the bust you'll most likely get the 2011's like Nick Schrein.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-30-2011, 9:21 AM Reply   
Only problem with that idea is that if they bust in mid July, you're probably SOL for a warranty, because by then they don' t have any inventory from that year left, so you'll be waiting on a pair of bindings for a while. Tis what happened to me,
Old     (callumalmost)      Join Date: May 2011       05-30-2011, 11:13 AM Reply   
thanks all, for the advice.
one more question though lol i heard a few people just cut a hole in the back to let the water drain and the ride them like that if they bust does anybody know what tihs is like and how much it affects the performance on the binding, thanks
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-30-2011, 7:13 PM Reply   
Yeh I cut holes in the back when my air pockets filled up. It does work, just looks ghetto and the bindings also are structurally week around the air pocket area. My shanes cracked and then completely tore apart. You might get lucky but yea in general those bindings were not well engineered at all. Super comfy though.