Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (TheDudeAbides)      Join Date: Dec 2010       03-17-2011, 1:23 PM Reply   
I dont post a lot on here but do read lots. Thought I'd give a shout out to who ever put together the new exile website. Some of the product photos look amazing. Good job guys. Big improvement over the last one.

I did find a broken link under the download section on your harpoon amplifier. Better have a look.

I've heard talk of an XM9 tower speaker. I couldn't find it on your site. Am I missing something?
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-17-2011, 2:21 PM Reply   
Rob - thanks for the comments. Yes, it is a whole new site.

I took a look at the download section but couldn't find the broken link you mentioned. Can you point me in a direction? I'll pass on to my web guy for a fix. There are several teaks they are working on yesterday and today.

re: XM9 speakers.... We dont put things on the website that are not actively for sale. The XM9 will drop soon and will go up at that point. stay tuned.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       03-17-2011, 2:58 PM Reply   
Looks great Brian! Congrats!
Old     (TheDudeAbides)      Join Date: Dec 2010       03-17-2011, 4:47 PM Reply   
Looks like the link is fixed. It was the owners manual download on Harpoon amplifier.

Could you give me some info on the throttle box? does it work with non HLCD speakers also? The owners manual on the harpoon doesn't say to much. Thx
Old     (hdultra)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-17-2011, 8:13 PM Reply   
Not trying to start something but can someone help with the difference and quality of sound between the Exile XM7 and the Samson Sports S7HD. They both look like they are in the same can just a different name. Are these 2 companies the same? I like the fact you can get the exile all black but with samson I can get a part that lets me put them in a factory location on a Nautique FCT 3. I board on a small lake in Alabama with not to many stereos so being able to hear different brands of speakers is very limited. About the only speakers I have heard are the 6.5 Polk Momo and some wet sounds pro 80's. Thanks
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-18-2011, 1:33 AM Reply   
John- you can't go wrong with either Samson or exile. 2 years ago both these companies decided to combine efforts and bring together each of their expertise . Samson is a high end tower mfg, with years of experience with tower construction, clamping and mounting systems. Exile has a long lineage in high end product design. In short we combined these strengths to bring a product to market that's well thought out. There is a lot more info on our site about this collaboration.

In a nutshell exile builds the product and Samson builds the adaptors and fitments.. Samson is also an authorized distributor of exile amplifiers.it's worked out to be a great thing.

-Brian
Exile audio
Old     (hdultra)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-18-2011, 6:05 AM Reply   
Thanks Brian I will be checking both out. They look like great products. Do you know of an Exile dealer in the Montgomery, Alabama area so I can see these in person. If not I will be attending Wake Games and the 1st stop of the PWT in Georgia if you know of any dealers that will be at these locations.
Thanks again
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-18-2011, 8:15 AM Reply   
I like the new site, it lays out better and is much more user friendly than the last. Looks like natural selection has thinned the herd some, making room for the strong
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-18-2011, 9:37 AM Reply   
Very nice site indeed, I can't wait to install Exile into my boat this spring!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-18-2011, 9:47 AM Reply   
Hey Brian,
Site does look good! My boat should be here in a week or two as well. I ordered some tower speakers, amps and a sub too. Should be crossing your desk at some point.
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-18-2011, 10:16 AM Reply   
A bunch to respond to here....

@ Rob: The throttle box is a feature that we added to the Harpoon amplifier to help guys gain a bit more control over the sound of any given HLCD tower setup. It's a remote control that mounts up in your helm area and gives you the ability to change the sound of the horn. In marketing terms this makes your speakers sound warmer when turned to the 'surf' setting. And more focused when turned to the 'wake' setting. In Geek speak, this is accomplished with a circuit that alters the phase response of the horn based on targets that we have designed into the amplifier itself. Throttle box will work with any brand HLCD. And is a nice thing for people that want to tune on the fly without having to touch any kind of EQ. Additionally, this remote control will work with any after market EQ that is on-board. It's a nifty knob. What does your tower setup look like now? and how much power are you running to them?

@HD: I think I received an email from you and will reply in-kind.

@Hate: Lets get together this year on the water up your way. I wanna check out your ride. We are going to try and put together a "on the water tuning" event at the surf comps up your way. Might be a good time to hook up.

@Diggs: I saw your thread awhile back. Be fun to see what you came up with this year... Are you going with 4 or 6 cans?

-Brian
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-18-2011, 10:21 AM Reply   
I ordered 4 (2 pair), but we will see what my budget holds and see if I want to fork out the corn for another set...