Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-09-2009, 1:45 AM Reply   
My family is on vacation in California and we were able to get a tour of where they manufacture Sangers in Fresno the other day. What a GREAT bunch of people! It felt like a custom boat shop instead of a manufacturer. It was easy to see why they make such high quality boats. I'm 100% sold on Sangers, and my tour only strengthened my feelings.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-09-2009, 8:01 AM Reply   
great to hear! I love mine! Its a very very very underrated boat... I wonder howcome they dont sponsor any pro riders or competitions.. their wakes are HUGE
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-09-2009, 8:06 AM Reply   
^^^They do it to keep their prices down. You'll also notice that they don't much advertise in the mags or hell anywhere. Word of mouth has worked for them for 55 years.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-09-2009, 8:15 AM Reply   
I'm not sure I agree it's an underrated boat Isaac.
I've never heard any negative talk about Sangers. I've loved them since the '70s, and they have been one of the most sought after boats in Cali since the '50s.

...Maybe "underexposed" would be a better term

(Message edited by rio_sanger on July 09, 2009)
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-09-2009, 9:09 AM Reply   
Chris, your right.. underexposed is a better word to use.. They dont advertise in any magazine like anyone else, no riders use them, and they are not used in any competitions as pull boats..
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-09-2009, 10:24 AM Reply   
no pics of the factory?? Bummer.....
Old     (jeb)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-09-2009, 10:38 AM Reply   
K. D.
Glad to hear you had a great experience.
That is what sold me on my boat and got we working with the manufacture, once I took a tour and talked with the people behind the boat I was hooked. It was also the bad experience that I had with Mastercraft that turned me away. Don't get me wrong, MC builds a great boat and my wife was cool with us spending the money for a brand new tricked out over priced X45 because it had everything that we wanted. But when the sales guy asked me "So are you going to put a deposit down" to me that was showing the truth that he did not care about me just the sell. The questioned that he should have asked was "What else can I do or answer for you?"

Helping the manufacture with word of mouth letting others know how well the experience is by far the best thing you can do.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-09-2009, 9:47 PM Reply   
Yeah - Nice to hear good words friends.

Mine has been perfection.

I would buy another Sanger in a second. Every time I step in this boat I am so freakin stoked.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-09-2009, 9:49 PM Reply   
Mine too. 700hrs of trouble free fun.
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-09-2009, 9:51 PM Reply   
H2O, if you want pics go here http://www.sangerboats.com/craftsmanship.html and you can see about 90% of the facility. It's an older group of buildings but it definitely gets the job done, keeps overhead down at the same time which directly translates to you the buyer.
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-09-2009, 11:28 PM Reply   
It's amazing that Sanger has been selling boat for 50 years by just word of mouth, not by sponsoring events or riders. That shows you what kind of boats they make.

After taking the tour, I was amazed at some things Sanger will NOT do to their boats, because they don't think it will last for the life of the boat. It's not about all the cool bells and whistles, it about building a boat that will last and perform.

James - I had a problem with a MC dealer also. We test drove a X-2 and then a V215 and we told the the owner of the MC dealership we thought the Sanger performed better. He said there is NO WAY a Sanger is a better boat than a Mastercraft. I asked him if he had ridden in a V215 recently and he said "No". How does this arrogant jerk know his Mastercraft is better? He didn't even ask what we like better about the Sanger! I'm SO glad I didn't buy the X-2....or the V215....because I got the V237 instead.

I'll see about posting picture....I didn't take many because I spent the whole time looking and asking.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-10-2009, 7:43 AM Reply   
Sanger has an awesome website, I like the videos they did. Wish other manufacturers would go through that effort.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-10-2009, 11:07 AM Reply   
We love ours.This is my second,and if I ever buy a brand new one,It'll be a Sanger as well.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-10-2009, 11:45 AM Reply   
I do not believe Sanger is under rated or underexposed. They always have been a family company distribution primarly on the west coast. They do not sponsor because they do not have to. They build about 600 units a year and they have always been sold out. Unsure how economy is affecting them now though. I am on my third Sanger and attended the reunion a few years ago. It was sure nice to see family members stting at the table selling t shirts and stickers and answering questions. people have talked BS about wood stringers for years but a Sanger rides way better than most boats.

It was sad when I went to a dealer a couple of years ago and he admitted the Sangers sold next door handled way better @ slow speeds around docks & such than the supreme he was trying to sell me.
Scott Pellaton has busted ass to make Sanger owners happy and represents them very well.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-10-2009, 12:55 PM Reply   
I do not believe Sanger is under rated or underexposed.

Maybe not in Cali but in most other places they are. Like here in Washington people ask me all the time what my boat is and have no idea even other wake boat owners. There is one dealer in the state and he is right on the border of Oregon.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-10-2009, 1:28 PM Reply   
Hate did you buy yours from the Pro Shop in Longview or did you get it from Day Island before they stopped selling Sangers?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-10-2009, 1:37 PM Reply   
Uh they don't build 600 a year, never have. 400 and some change for many years...
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2009, 2:05 PM Reply   
I have never seen Scott Pellaton bust his ass.
Old     (brownman)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-10-2009, 3:49 PM Reply   
I had an issue with a pinched fuel fill line and no NORCAL service shops could find it. I knew something was wrong because after fill ups I would smell gas. I dragged my boat down to Sanger and was very pleasantly surprised with their great service, all around helpful demeanor and just friendly atmosphere. I met Wayne and most of the folks. Oddly, the only place I ever see Scott is at a Boat Show!

I was surprised at the store. You'd think it would be some grand warehouse or manufacturing plant. Nope, real simple place with real quality work. I bought a bunch of Sanger trinkets from the little antique-like shop in front. Those guys dialed my boat. In fact, they even asked me where I got it because they only remembered building 3 or 4 like mine in '06/07.

Glad you had a good time, I don't think they're underrated or unappreciated. I get comments on mine All the Time!
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-10-2009, 6:19 PM Reply   
I would have to agree Sanger is under exposed. I live in N. Idaho and there is only 3 Sangers in the area (I'm responsible for 2 of them). Only the imports from California know about Sangers. Only dealer in Idaho is in Boise, 400 miles away!

The only people that underrate Sanger are the ones that haven't ridden in one.

I was told there max production is 10 boats a week.
Old     (kitewake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2009, 6:22 PM Reply   
Cool vids...

Wow...I am surpised that any tow boat company is working with vacuum infusion. That is a pretty high tech technique...most commonly used for high end and racing yachts, aircraft, etc. VI allows you to position all the cloth dry...then infuse it in one shot. I had not seen it used with polyester...it is typically used with epoxy. Interesting...
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       07-10-2009, 6:23 PM Reply   
That 1954 is the reason why I bought my V215, with only 2 hours on it now I love it...lol, Its on now!!! Just got Bimini installed at Towerbiminis....they did a GREAT job, John set it up right and they SUPPORT THE TROOPS!
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-10-2009, 6:58 PM Reply   
Anyone know what price starts at? Priced similar to Moomba?

Always liked there boats and hopefully next Spring I'll be shopping for one.
Old     (davidggriffith)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-11-2009, 8:42 AM Reply   
K.D Amos there is sanger dealer in idaho falls ive had them fix some stuff on mine 215 but there isnt many around this part of idaho either
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-11-2009, 11:19 AM Reply   
Ryan, Yeah I got mine at The Pro Shop. Don and Jason are awesome they know the crap when it comes to these boats and have gone above and beyond for me time and again. They've been selling Sanger since 1989 there and do some cool stuff to them.
Old     (jpuckett)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-11-2009, 5:42 PM Reply   
I saw a Sanger at my local lake 2 weeks ago. I'm in Greensboro, NC and was at Belews Creek. It was in great shape and the person that owned it really loved it. It was just strange seeing it in North Carolina.
Old     (keithowen)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-11-2009, 7:16 PM Reply   
Hey David let me know if you're ever in need of another guy. Just got my first boat last year and am trying to push my riding a bit more....having a hard time finding people as into wakeboarding as I am. Good to see someone else from the area on here.
Old     (ncboarderboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-11-2009, 8:10 PM Reply   
Ive seen the sanger on belews too which was interesting. Not too many of those west coast boats find their way over here.