Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-23-2011, 7:06 PM Reply   
I just sold my 05 Centurion Elite V, and it's time to get into a new boat. I'm trying to stay around the 35k range, and it needs to be less than 22ft long. I really don't want to get anything older than 2005. I'm looking for a boat that will be easy and quick to set up a beginner / intermediate Wakeboard wake and a decent surf wave (both sides if possible - I'm goofy). I'm also trying to stay around Chicago of possible. So far, this is what I've found;

New leftover 09 Sanger 215
06-07 Supra 21v's
Nautique SV211 (these tend to be a little outside my price range)

Am I on the right track for what I am looking for and looking at? Are there any other options I'm not thinking of?
Old     (clotus)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-23-2011, 8:09 PM Reply   
I picked up a leftover 08 Sanger v215 in 09 for right around your price range. Super happy with the decision, as you will find with all Sanger owners. Wakeboard wake is clean on each side and nice size, but the surf wake is one of the best out there (my personal opinion) for the length. I have surfed both regular and dark side and the wake is just as nice on both side. Good luck in your search, i am sure you will find many good suggestions/advice but ultimately you need to at least sit in the boat if you cannot test drive because all will do what you want. Whether or not the wake is the best, if you are unhappy with the interior, layout, or anything else about the boat you will overall unhappy

Last edited by clotus; 03-23-2011 at 8:13 PM.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       03-23-2011, 8:20 PM Reply   
Here is an enzo that is in Illinois. It is close to your price range. It says it is 21'8 inches so it is below the 22ft limit. just one more boat to consider.

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=25963
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       03-24-2011, 8:57 AM Reply   
Curious why you didn't like the Elite V.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-24-2011, 9:12 AM Reply   
You will definitely be stoked with the Supra 21V. You should be able to get an 06 and maybe even an 07 if you get lucky or spend a few more bucks. They come pretty loaded with everything they really well and at a great price. Let me know if you have questions on them or one you find. I know them pretty well.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-24-2011, 9:31 AM Reply   
I'd check out a Mastercraft X1.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-24-2011, 9:46 AM Reply   
Problem solved... if you can swallow the color, this is a smoking deal on a 2009 leftover F21 Tomcat. I bet this dealer would take $35K.

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=27639

Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-24-2011, 9:57 AM Reply   
^^^ The reason I thought of it was because of the requirements you stated: clean beginner wake and great goofy wave. This boat has both. My kids ride at 17-18 mph and the wake is clean. Also, the surf wave is great on the goofy side. The pic below is with stock ballast.

Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-24-2011, 10:13 AM Reply   
I like my SV211. I could replace it anytime but really have no other boat I would like to upgrade to over it.

I bought it new, and could have had the 210 for same price. I have never looked back on that decision. When the 236/230 was introduced, I was envious at first. But then I realized that, mostly what was better about the 236 over the 211 was size, and what would be more troublesome with it compared to the 211 would also be size.

There is a lot to like about the 211, most of which is probably common to nice wake boats in general. Indeed, wakeboats are cool.

So let me tell you about the wake. The 211 was about at the end of the nautique line for relatively narrow beams (but now I guess there is a 200 which I know nothing about). The wake is hard and relatively narrow. And, the wake forms up nice at pretty slow speeds, 19 mph for sure. Yet I have had a variety of good riders ride behind it, on long lines and 23 mph generally (some faster), one an INT competitor, and all have been excited about the wake.

Here is how I interpret that. The good riders have come out and had a good time, and they also rode good. Therefore they complimented the wake nicely. It might be more true that, the wake is not a strange wake that throws off good riders. Anyway, you said beginner to intermediate. That's true here. From kids to some pretty skilled riders.
Old     (ryansgt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-24-2011, 12:34 PM Reply   
No mention of malibu. You could get a vlx from 05-06 or a newer vride and be in that 35 range. That would be 21.5' length too.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-24-2011, 12:50 PM Reply   
Saber - I had a bit of a tough time getting a clean wake out of the Elite V. No matter what I did I'd get wash. After about 1200lbs total, I couldn't even get it half way clean at 22.5mph

The Enzo is nice, but I've heard they are a little bit more of a core surf boat, and while the older I get the more important surfing is, I'm not quite there yet.

That MB would be great if it were a different color. That is a great suggestion.

I'm not at all opposed to a Malibu, they just don't seem to fit my price range. If I could find a nice one close, I'd probably go for it.

Thanks for the comments about the 21v and SV211. It's nice to know a nice wake would be easy to create with either one.

Thanks for the help guys.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-24-2011, 7:50 PM Reply   
I believe that later in April, Ian over at Onlyinboards will have a new MB in Central Illinois. if you wanted to see one. Those things come in all colors
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-24-2011, 8:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdb View Post
That MB would be great if it were a different color. That is a great suggestion.
Yeah, the color is unfortunate, but I'm sure it's that same color that kept it from selling the past two years. It just popped into my mind when you mentioned $35k price range.

If you want a different color, you could buy a slightly used one for low $40's. Or just get a new one for $50-ish.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-24-2011, 8:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdb View Post

The Enzo is nice, but I've heard they are a little bit more of a core surf boat, and while the older I get the more important surfing is, I'm not quite there yet.

Thanks for the help guys.
That is an Enzo 220. It does not have the same hull as the Elite V/Avy/Enzo 230/Enzo 240. Enzo 220 has the same hull as the Falcon. I believe the hull will be much closer to the Nati 211. It has a very clean wakeboard wake and a solid surf wake. I also has a ton of room because it is 102" wide.

FYI: to clean up the wake on my Avy, I just put a few hundred pounds on the port side. If you pick up a 09 or newer Avy it would have the reverse prop which I am told keeps the port side from washing out.

All great boats, cant go wrong with any of the brands mentioned.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-25-2011, 7:52 AM Reply   
Ditto what lake said that is an ENZO 220 and has a different hull then the elite,Enzo,or avy.The hull is shaped more like a 210 nautique but the boat is way bigger with a 102 inch beam.The wake is super clean on both sides add an enzo sack and your surfing empty all the ballast and the ski wake is fairly flat just an all around good design.The Enzo listed belongs to Kevin Baugh he is one of the regular members on centurion crew and it is listed there as well. It has just about everything heated seats,heads up display the list goes on and on it is in great shape I.E. it has never been a party boat has low hours and has every factory option available.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-25-2011, 2:30 PM Reply   
sent PM
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-26-2011, 6:32 AM Reply   
For what it's worth, I've never met Chris, but a buddy of mine bought a boat from him a few years ago (likely the one that led to his screen name). The boat was optioned out and was immaculate. The guy certainly knows how to take care of a boat.