Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    flipside            07-01-2003, 7:38 AM Reply   
Just to give you all some background, I've been a music freak all my life. From Mobile DJing, to being in a band, to DJing a radio station, to working at a record store, to my latest endeavour - Electronic Music DJing.

Well, I've kinda gotten into a rut in Electronic Music, and therefore turned my sights to some not as popular and very much underground Ambient/Chill/Downtempo electronic music.

So, when I heard the song playing in the background of the "Murray 2" section in All or Nothing, I instantly loved the track. So, I rewatched the credits to see if I could find out what song it was. If I remember correctly, they say it's a Sofa Surfers song off Journey Into Ambient Groove Vol 4. So, I instantly go looking for it, but unfortuantely to no avail. The CD doesn't seem to be in print anymore...unfortunately, most electronic CD's (except the most popular in each genre) go out of print a couple of years at most after release.

(Message edited by flipside on July 01, 2003)
Old    flipside            07-01-2003, 7:41 AM Reply   
So, i go searhing and hard...then I get a breakthrough. I'm not sure if I wasn't looking hard enough or they didn't show it, but I finally actually found the name of the song... Sofa Surfers - Sofa Rockers (Richard Dorfmeister Remix). Now, I recognized that Dorfmeister name as in Kruder & Dorfmeister...the two DJ's that pretty much define the realm of Downtempo/Trip-Hop/Intelligent Drum 'n' Bass DJing. So, again, I go looking. Come to find out that this song is not only on Journey Into Ambient Groove 4, but it's also on Kruder & Dorfmeister - The K&D Sessions.

So, if anyone is interested in that Sofa Surfers track being played after the credits during Murray's second appearance in All or Nothing, it's on The K&D Sessions...which, if I'm not mistaken, is at my local Best Buy. So, it should be easy to find.

I hope this is considered on-topic enough to stay on this board...I LOVE this song!!

FlipsidE
Old     (sae4life)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-01-2003, 8:17 AM Reply   
Flip, put the headphones down and step away from the turntables ;)
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-01-2003, 4:13 PM Reply   
LOL Rob!!
Um, Flipside? You're way too intense there with the music . I have no idea what the heck your even talking about with all that "Downtempo/Trip-Hop/Intelligent Drum 'n' Bass DJing" stuff, but I do know how you feel about the music on the video's. Some of it's real good stuff! My boyfriend has made a music sound track CD of many of the wakeboard video's in our collection."TwelveHonkey's", "Hype", "Cocktail", "The Faction", "All or Nothing", "Natural Born Thillaz" to name a few. I know he has spent countless hours searching and downloading and or buying the music of these video's to make his collection. He has even helped a few here with song titles as well as making CD's for people who just want a copy of the sound track. If you ever need a song or just want to know who sings what, send me an email, I'm sure my boyfriend knows!!
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-01-2003, 8:49 PM Reply   
If he doesn't know ,he calls on me!LOL.So thats Alex's new ride nice!
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-02-2003, 1:19 AM Reply   
try this link. it has all of the music from a bunch of the videos. just right click and save it to your comp. all files SEEM to be good quality and are in mp3 format (someone posted this link on another site, so im just reposting the link).

http://www.extremeh2o.com/~jjunkins/

(Message edited by scott_a on July 02, 2003)
Old    flipside            07-02-2003, 5:26 AM Reply   
Duzent Matter,

I am an electronic music DJ, and therefore I gotta know quite a bit about the different genres (both major and minor) that are encompassed by electronic music. Trip-Hop is a lot like Hip-Hop but with a trippier feel...hence the name. Intelligent Drum 'n' Bass is just that...Drum 'n' Bass with an intelligent or overall atmospheric feel to it. Downtempo is just slower stuff. I could go into more detail if you like. I really do like talking about the depths of electronic music...i like to try to explain it all.

FlipsidE
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-02-2003, 7:26 AM Reply   
Whatever you call it, I love some K&D too dog.
Check out the Naked Music label or Theivery Corporation for some other great chill music.
BTW, you'll like the Boombox soundtrack as well.
Old    flipside            07-02-2003, 7:58 AM Reply   
David,

Thanks man, I'll have to check those out!

FlipsidE
Old    mt_hed            07-04-2003, 7:53 AM Reply   
Does anybody know the name of the song in the Running With Scissors trailer? I know it's something from J Boogie's Dubtronic Science. The trailer is on sidewayz.com under the films section. I thought some of you people may know the name.