Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-26-2005, 7:31 PM Reply   
I am trying to grab all my inverts now. I wonder if you should grab it and then start the rotation or do the rotation then go for the grab.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-26-2005, 8:17 PM Reply   
what are you trying to grab?

right before I hurt my knee I was doing indy tantrums and indy ts back rolls. Both of those tricks, you grab then flip.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-26-2005, 8:26 PM Reply   
thane, I am working on ts rodeo mute 540's (or its what watson always dose) I have the rotation I just miss the grab sometimes. I will try that next time out to grab it then do the rotation. Just seems like the board is like 2 in from the grab. Then I will work on the rest of my inverts. I can't get my a$$ off axis for my life so I have decited to grab all my inverts.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-26-2005, 8:55 PM Reply   
squid, yeah grab then flip.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-26-2005, 9:48 PM Reply   
Squid - have you seen the book? really good instructional for off-axis spinning. you should check it.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-26-2005, 10:08 PM Reply   
ya, I have it. I have a mental block. I was getting them down when they first came out about 5 years ago. My arm got stuck all the way up to my arm pit I was pulled across the bottom off the lake and ended up with a black and blue mark from my chest to my fore arm. So I go up and just flake. All other tricks don't bug me just those.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-27-2005, 7:21 AM Reply   
I would recommend really delaying the pop(in your head) so that you actually get the full pop which will allow the grab. Most people bend at the waiste too early and therefore don't get the right pop, which makes the grab super hard.