Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old    wickedwake            01-24-2005, 7:46 AM Reply   
Which would you pick?
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       01-24-2005, 7:57 AM Reply   
I picked the outlaw. It was a lot easier to get on and off and it was just as flexible as the vapor. Also, the outlaw has buckles that keep the vest from riding up on you.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-24-2005, 10:00 AM Reply   
The Vapor is a piece of shiat. Everytime you crash you have to reposition it.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-24-2005, 10:05 AM Reply   

quote:

The Vapor is a piece of shiat. Everytime you crash you have to reposition it.

How true that is.

The Law is a very comfortable vest and its Cost Guard approved. I plan on replacing my Vapor with it.
Old    hundo            01-24-2005, 10:06 AM Reply   
Go with the physco2 , you'll be warm in 50 degree water
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-24-2005, 10:41 AM Reply   
don, he is reffering to vests not wetsuits.
Old    wickedwake            01-24-2005, 12:18 PM Reply   
Whew, Im glad I asked. My local O'neill dealer almost wouldnt let me walk out of the shop the other day w/o buying a Vapor vest, he told me "everyone" has one and loves it. I guess he was trying to get rid of them LOL. Thanks for the input guys
Old    wickedwake            01-24-2005, 12:20 PM Reply   
Pierce: Have you ridden with the Law yet? I was considering it a while back but most seem to say that the Outlaw floats you fairly well.

Do you gusy that ride with the Outlaw agree? Floatation pretty well with this vest?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-24-2005, 12:34 PM Reply   
I know two other guys that HAD the vapor, blew it out, and then went to the outlaw which they are very happy with.

Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-24-2005, 12:41 PM Reply   

quote:

Pierce: Have you ridden with the Law yet?

Clay, no I have just tried it on and was suprised how comfortable and thin it was. It did not feel bulky especially for a CGA vest.

The Vapor is a comfortable vest but my padding would move all over the place on hard falls.

I am just switching to a CGA vest for the obvious reasons.

(Message edited by Pierce Bronkite on January 24, 2005)
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       01-24-2005, 12:43 PM Reply   
My outlaw floats me alright. You can definitely tell the difference though between the outlaw and a CGA vest. The outlaw keeps my head above water and that's about it. It just depends on what you're looking for in a vest.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-24-2005, 12:57 PM Reply   
Outlaw works OK. I've been riding them for 3 years. I've never had a problem with flotation, despite being knocked silly a few times. I've started to consider the Law, though, because of floatation concerns. I noticed that if I float, out of my board, the water level is just below my nose. Granted I'm not very boyant and with the extra floatation of a board being on its OK, but don't expect to float like you would in a CGA vest.
Old    hundo            01-24-2005, 1:18 PM Reply   
oppps, my bad . I'm just so happy about the wetsuit I tell everyone :-)

Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-24-2005, 1:51 PM Reply   
The vapor is super comfy, but the foam does tend to move around. Apparently they fixed this for 05 though. It also tends to ride up on bad bails. I ride one, and love it, despite its shortcomings...
Old    wakeboarder408            01-24-2005, 6:43 PM Reply   
I bought the Vapor then exchanged it for the Outlaw cuz i thought the Vapor was somewhat difficult to take off. I love the Outlaw vest. It floats me pretty good, its light, easy to put it on/take it off.
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-26-2005, 6:25 AM Reply   
I just bought the Vapor @ the end of last season and I like it........I hardly know it is on until I crash.......and yes it takes some repositioning..........but most vests do. I got a great deal on Ebay with it (only paid $45.00) so I can't complain!!!!! The new Nevin Swat vest looks nice!