Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                03-01-2005, 11:19 PM Reply   
Hi all, I have just started cable wakeboarding and want to know how to do my first air. It seems the two easiest airs are an Air Raley or a Back Roll. I have tried a Back roll behind boat and found no probs except for landing, I can't see how same technique would work with cable though. I was told an AIR Raley was hard to learn behind a boat. Is it possible to just get good air without any tricks on cable? I think I have worked out the tecnique in getting air but arent game enough to hit it hard yet as i can see myself going face first.
Any advice will be good
Old                03-08-2005, 5:44 AM Reply   
there are two parts to my answer.1, if u ride goofy its best to do the tricks just after the corners. The way ive been told is u cut wide at the corner, watch the carrier go round then start cutting. use ur progessive cut like from riding behind the boat. as u cut pull in the handle into ur hip, after 2 or 3 seconds the rope in loaded up and ur almost ready to fly. keep looking up at the cable and either in one smooth motion sweep the board out or jam the board down as hard as you can. once in the air KEEP LOOKING UP!!! then to land, u want to try and break the handle with ur knee, land, ride off and get the girl...

tip 2. if your just looking 4 air before you want 2 a backroll or raley off the water, try going off the kicker. It really helped my mate who was trying a raley. He does not get that high off the water but he still lands it becuase he knows the movement he needs to make in the air. hope this helps in some way. Can i ask were u ride? i ride in the uk at the wakemk site.
Old                03-13-2005, 1:53 PM Reply   
Queensland Australia.
Old                03-13-2005, 11:36 PM Reply   
hey richard, so i just do an edge after the corner then jump?
Old                03-14-2005, 6:33 AM Reply   
dont jump. after the corner load up the line and u want to try and stop the board by digging it in the water or sweeping it out. This is what makes you get picked up off the water and take off. If u still need some help talk to the operators on the lake and they will be able to tell u what you are doing wrong.
Old                03-15-2005, 2:38 AM Reply   
alright thanks!! i'll do that this weekend!!