Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    waker80            05-28-2004, 1:20 PM Reply   
I am looking for a good wakeboard boat. The best wake for my money. I live in mountain home but used boats are hard to come by. I am looking at spending in the 12000 range but would go higher for a good deal. DO you nkow of any or where i could call around you lake?
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       05-30-2004, 7:41 AM Reply   
Do you plan on using it in the lake of the ozarks?
Old    waker80            05-30-2004, 9:09 AM Reply   
No,
I plan on buying it and using the boat on bull shoals. I just know theres alot of wakeboard boats in the area so i thought i might look for one up there.
Old     (smackus)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-01-2004, 5:08 AM Reply   
Get a boat with a higher bow, or waves at L of O will swamp it for sure. I have a hard enough time with the big boats on Table Rock.
Old    larryg            06-01-2004, 6:05 AM Reply   
Stephen,

For that amount of money, you are talking a 1988-1992 model boat ... or a trashed later model.

Actually, wakeboard boats had not quite come into their own in that timeframe ... three event skiing was still KING! I should know cause that is when I bought my first new MasterCraft PS190. No such thing as XStars and the like. So finding a factory boat between 1988-1992 with ballast systems and tower will be difficult.

You will likely have to buy a standard comp boat and outfit it accordingly. My folks live on BSL and I make it down there often. They run a 1996 Malibu Tantrum and with a sac it actually makes a sweet wakeboard boat.

There is a guy in Lake St Louis MO (near St. Louis) with a 1993 Ski Nautique for $14500 ... take a look on http://www.ski-it-again.com, it is posting number SIA01372. I have skied a 1994 CCSN and with some weight it made a good board boat, better than my 93MCPS190. You may also find something else on there to your liking. If not post a WANT AD.

Hope you find something ...

LarryG
Webmaster
SKI-IT-AGAIN.COM
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-01-2004, 7:18 AM Reply   
You could try Dave Williams at Ski and Sport in Shell Knob. I usually see some older model MCs in his lot. I think his # is 417-858-6366, if not, it is in the directory. Good luck.