Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (sordave)      Join Date: May 2002       01-21-2004, 6:54 PM Reply   
My sons birthday is coming up and he wants a new wakeboard. He is currently riding a 124 Voyager and at the end of the season was going wake to wake HS and TS, grabs, and can land an occasional 180.

We are looking at the 2004 Premier 130 as a board he can progress on. Do you think it is too big? I don't want him to loose confidence with a bulky board but I don't want to buy a new board for him every year.

Does anybody have kids riding a board the same size as the premier 130? Should we wait a year? I know he really wants something new including CWB Torq bindings. Are they any good?

Thanks
Old     (tshmitty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-21-2004, 7:51 PM Reply   
Dave -

Check out www.vmwake.com

They have great prices!
Old    maverick_gear            01-21-2004, 9:10 PM Reply   
the 04' premier is a very aggressive board maybe go for the small 04 ERA or a GB Chopper 125
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-21-2004, 10:31 PM Reply   
as Maverick said, might want to take a look at the 2004 ERA 124(2003 premier shape), also LF Nemisis 124 (Scaled down LF Evo) and the Jobe Jinx (scaled down Lyman).
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       01-21-2004, 11:20 PM Reply   
my 13 yr old and 10 yr old bros ride a 134 00' belmont which is now the motive. they also liked the small temet and the small era
Old     (sordave)      Join Date: May 2002       01-22-2004, 6:20 AM Reply   
What does aggressive mean in a wakeboard? What are the disadvantages? Should he stay with the Voyager for a couple of years? Will the ERA 124 be much different than the Voyager 124 he has?

Also, his old split bindings have about had it. What do you think of the CWB Torq bindings as far as support and ease of getting in and out - out mainly since binding lube can be used to get in.

He really wants something new, but if it doesn't make sense, we will stick it out another year or two.

Thanks
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-22-2004, 8:18 AM Reply   
I would look at the CWB Blade. It comes with the Mobe bindings which are like the Torq but a bit easier to get in and out...more of a beginner boot. The board is a 122, my kid loves it. Graphic is cool too.
I paid $270ish for the whole deal.
Old    dukekati            01-23-2004, 8:15 AM Reply   
I bot an '03 CWB worm for my kids ages 8 & 10. It is now the Raven for '04. Its a great intermediate/advanced board. The mobes are great for a wide range of feet sizes
Old    maverick_gear            01-23-2004, 9:12 AM Reply   
the 03 premier-04 ERA is a great all around board it is easily controlled and has a smooth rocker but is also very high performance it hits alot of range in rider ability use and versitility, the 04 premier got a major facelift with alot bigger longer fins more aggressive rocker and unless your son is starting to do inverts and really develope his own style and knows what HE wants i would steer you away from the 04 premier not to say it isn't great cause i love the board i just think that the ERA style is probably perfect all around.
Old     (sordave)      Join Date: May 2002       01-23-2004, 12:23 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info - I think I'll go for last yeas Premier 124. Good price so if he outgrows it in 2 years it's not a big deal. I just need to talk him into the "Power Ranger" graphics as he calls them.

Thanks
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-23-2004, 12:26 PM Reply   
let him get artistic then, buy him a can of spray paint with the board.