Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (pdub)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-07-2009, 2:42 PM Reply   
just finished detailing my boat. i ran out of babes boat shine so i used (eagle one)wax and dry,its an automotive product worked awesome.just thought i`d let you guys know.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-07-2009, 2:49 PM Reply   
thanks!
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-07-2009, 4:01 PM Reply   
Thank you!
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-07-2009, 8:21 PM Reply   
been using it now for a while. I alternate one day its vinegar and water the next day it is wax and dry. No water spots and great shine
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-08-2009, 6:14 AM Reply   
We use it every time out of the water.....people are always coming up and asking what we're using....and what year our boat is....their jaws drop when we tell them it's a 99 and looks better than their 07!
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-09-2009, 8:53 PM Reply   
We used this on the last boat all the time. The new boat is all black and after the 5th time out the build up from the Wax as you Dry started to show smudges.
I would definetely alternate with vinegar or do a 50/50 mixture.
We just changed to a new product made by Lucas called Slick Mist.
Its pretty great stuff and it works on the windows and even the chrome.
http://www.lucasoil.com/products/display_products.sd?iid=79&catid=18&loc=show
Old     (ridetige)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-10-2009, 8:56 AM Reply   
The liquid wax ICE is a great product to use as well. It does not leave the white powder residue and does not take as much work to apply and remove.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-10-2009, 9:31 AM Reply   
Gotta hit mine with some vinegar. Been slacking the last couple of weeks. Getting quite a few water spots. I had a guy that details all kinds of stuff stop me at the boat launch one day and pitch the Eagle One stuff. May have to try it.
Old     (pdub)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-10-2009, 2:20 PM Reply   
have`nt had any build up yet (maybe i have`nt waxed as much as i should have)i spray on to my cloth then cloth on to the boat.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-12-2009, 7:47 AM Reply   
I just bought a gallon of Malco Show Room Shine, and used it on the boat after I pulled it out of the water, instead of my normal water and vinegar. That was the first time I used it, and was impressed at how well it worked. It looked way better then just using water and vinegar. Running my hand down the side of the boat when I was done felt just like I had spent hours waxing the boat. Plus I think I only paid $12 for a gallon.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-12-2009, 10:03 AM Reply   
The build-up is normal, the way to get around it is wipe as usual, then take a second trip arounud it with a DRY towel, really brings out the shine. The reason for the build-up is your towel gets soaked after about 1/3-1/2 of the boat, and it just smears the wax around, a dry towel starting where you just finished will get rid of all that - we use between 2 and 4 towels doing ours. Use it on both white and black boats, no haze what-so-ever.