Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-24-2009, 5:18 AM Reply   
I need to get some rope extensions. I just found that I've been riding at 55 feet when I was pulling the rope in and saw tag. Im still learning but I consistantly land in the flats and my wake looks nicer behind me. Its an accurate line. It was given to me from a friend when they sold there boat. Where can I find extensions at? thanks
Old     (xclay89x)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-24-2009, 9:25 AM Reply   
I ran into a similar problem. I was riding full line length thinking it was 80ft, but find out it is 75ft. The length markings on my rope are rubbed off.After looking for rope sections I found that Buywake.com sells 5ft and 3ft sections under the Straight Line category. I do not know if I want to pay $20.00 and shipping just for a 5ft section of rope, but there are sections for sale. With that being said does anyone have a 5ft section they want to sell or a good used 80 ft rope that they would sell?

P.S. Sorry if that last part was a hijack. I hope the buywake.com info helps.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-24-2009, 9:44 AM Reply   
When Counting Rope Length make sure you include the 5 feet that the handle adds.
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-24-2009, 9:57 AM Reply   
no worries clay. I may just buy a new rope if sections are 20 bucks.
Old     (skelley19)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-24-2009, 10:51 AM Reply   
At $20 a 5' section you are probably better off just buying a new line. Check out http://redtagsports.com/ I don't know anything about that particular line but $40 for a coated line is a steal! The site is similar to BBB where there is a different deal every day but the Friday deal usually stays up all weekend. I've ordered from them a few times and never had a problem.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-24-2009, 1:32 PM Reply   
That redtagsports deal is awesome! If don't get that and just need extensions, PM me your info. and I will drop 15' in the mail to you.