Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old    evo900            04-13-2004, 12:49 AM Reply   
I'm now landing all my back role's, front roles and tantrums sweet on my trampoline with handle, but havent focused on them behind the boat much, (I've been consentrating on landing 360's consistantly), how long should it take to land them if I focus solely on inverts from now on? I know it would be different from person to person..

(Message edited by evo900 on April 13, 2004)
Old    devastate            04-13-2004, 5:04 AM Reply   
if you go hardcore from 9am - 6pm like i do should take you about a day and a half

(Message edited by devastate on April 13, 2004)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-13-2004, 6:19 AM Reply   
It really depends on how committed you are on your attempts.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-13-2004, 7:06 AM Reply   
i've got pretty sound on the tramp, but am now tryin the backroll, i board 2sets of 15mins every half week or so. I've just started landing on the board (loosing the handle) after about 10-15 attempts, u just gotta think about a whole load of stuff that you don't worry about on the tramp, ie-handle position, keepin it in and at your hips, rotation initiation(not too early), etc etc

problem is on the tramp you only need to thro it as you spring up, where the timing is easy. i guess it takes practice tho, plus as i've just started and its cold in england, its pretty hard to get consistency again, can't wait till the summer to start punishing myself tho!!!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-13-2004, 10:09 AM Reply   
ive only been wakeboarding a year and i can do a backroll, it took me a while, but ive been trying 360s and still cant get em if that helps, i think inverts are easier than spins but thats just me
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-13-2004, 10:19 AM Reply   
the trampoline is my wakeboarding fantasy land. My on-water trick list consists of a hs backroll and a 3.

On the tramp I've been doing off-axis 7's, kgb's, slim chances, and ole 7's.

I can only do 9's when someone bounces me*.

*see double-up
Old    norcal_99            04-13-2004, 10:28 AM Reply   
Jeff, Things are way easier on the tramp. My 5-yr old son can do a front flip on the tramp.

Just get out behind the boat and try. You'll get your inverts with enough pratice.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-13-2004, 12:01 PM Reply   
thane, sounds similar to my repetoir. from what i saw of you on here a few weeks ago, u've got some sweet grabs etc (as have i) but think i spent too long perfecting them that i forgot to do any more technical stuff, so right now i have both hs & ts 360's and pretty close to getting my hs backrolls dialled, just forget to keep hold of the handle at the end........
Old    hoochieman89            04-13-2004, 1:11 PM Reply   
I found Tantrums to be easier. I can land 7whirly's on the tramp no prob. Double S-bends everything you would ever want but behind boat I have to wok a little harder. Tantrums came faster though. Now I've realized when I do a tanturm to revert that I cant do a tanturm to blind because I can only spin the 180 one way. Even on the tramp my 180's only go ONE WAY
Old    norcal_99            04-13-2004, 1:14 PM Reply   
Well it's not good to go both ways unless you live in San Francisco.
Old    hoochieman89            04-13-2004, 1:18 PM Reply   
LMAO I love the gay jokes.
Old    evo900            04-13-2004, 1:24 PM Reply   
we are going out on friday, i'm going to focus on backroles and frontroles.. on the tramp I seem to land front roles sweeter than backroles..
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-13-2004, 1:30 PM Reply   
I agree with Hunter, Tantrums are easier.
Old    hoochieman89            04-13-2004, 4:42 PM Reply   
its cz on a tramp a frot roll is a front flip and front flips are easier to learn. I mean you will see 5 and 6 yr olds doing front flips on a tramp. But on the water back rolls are easier but not as easy as a tantrum because tanturms are just liek a backflip on a tramp.