Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-07-2011, 7:42 PM Reply   
Just two quick videos from the other day. Lemme know what y'all think

Sesh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KliGpnxWlac

360 Attempts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXNpj...eature=related
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-07-2011, 11:17 PM Reply   

Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       11-08-2011, 8:57 AM Reply   
Thanks again for making these vids bro, they're sick. Those last three attempts are scary close. Let's get out there this week and put that three down!
Old     (corey1177)      Join Date: Oct 2011       11-08-2011, 1:37 PM Reply   
Try edging a tad bit later then really jump at the top of the kicker. I used to try and do mine like it seems you are then someone told me to jump and I get em every time now.
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-08-2011, 2:02 PM Reply   
Nice! Just got me stoked to ride cable! I love that kicker at McCormicks!

Last edited by trio; 11-08-2011 at 2:02 PM. Reason: typo
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       11-08-2011, 2:13 PM Reply   
Ya man, that's the sweetest kicker at the park. It's so mellow and easy to charge and boot off of.
Old     (hypride135)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-08-2011, 4:26 PM Reply   
I happened to have a quick vid from mccormicks from a few weeks ago, so I figured i'd drop it on this thread name since it's so fitting. The filming is not as good as yours but what are you gonna do?

here's the link. I wasn't sure how to get a thumbnail of the vid on the forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOXKQNE8l2A
Old     (hypride135)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-09-2011, 6:34 AM Reply   
I noticed nick, in his video did a back 3. I'm pretty new to back side spins and have one at the end of my vid. My question is, do you ideally pop, pull the handle to hip and then initiate backside spin like all others? I was starting my spin right off the kicker and my rotation is super slow. Any words of wisdom?
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-09-2011, 6:43 AM Reply   
That was not me spinning backside. I had the tantrum and raley in the middle. Hebrew hammer was the one throwing it down in the beginning though
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       11-09-2011, 8:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypride135 View Post
I noticed nick, in his video did a back 3. I'm pretty new to back side spins and have one at the end of my vid. My question is, do you ideally pop, pull the handle to hip and then initiate backside spin like all others? I was starting my spin right off the kicker and my rotation is super slow. Any words of wisdom?
Ya man, that's me doing the first back 3. As you can see, I butt-checked the **** out of it. It's one of my newest and hardest tricks, so I'm really not the best person to be giving advice on it. That said, I will tell you that I pop off the kicker and hesitate before initiating the rotation, just as I would on a front 3.

If you watch our buddy John do his back 3 at the end of the video, you'll see that his form is different. He takes his hand off the handle very early and lets it get way too far from his hips, but yet he still pulls it around much cleaner than I can. I don't know if it's because his form is better or if it's just that he's a much better rider than I am.

Try it both ways and see what works for you, but I would definitely say "don't spin on the kicker!"

Oh ya, and another thing you can do to increase your rotation speed is pulling the handle in towards you instead of just across to your hip. This worked wonders for me. Still aim for your opposite hip, but pull in more of a diagonal motion, i.e. in and across at the same time. Finally, make sure your eyes are up at horizon level and look around into your spin, not down at your board.

Last edited by TheHebrewHammer; 11-09-2011 at 8:07 AM.
Old     (hypride135)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-09-2011, 10:33 AM Reply   
cool. thanks man. ya the hesitation seems to be the key to speed the rotation up, or else I just have so much tension on the line. I tend to try to slow my f/s rotations down just b/c i like how they look but b/s is a diff cup of tea.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-09-2011, 12:48 PM Reply   
Hey I was out there with ya that Wednesday morning
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-09-2011, 12:53 PM Reply   
I think... hahaha was this last week? Me, Alex Graydon and Jon Dickey were there... first dude in the video looks like the same guy I saw out there. haha either way... SHRED!
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-09-2011, 1:25 PM Reply   
when is Dickey not there?
Old     (drewproses)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-09-2011, 1:59 PM Reply   
Good work dudes!! I was there driving... I tried to make sure to give you a straight pull and constant speed! lol
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-09-2011, 2:28 PM Reply   
it was sunday afternoon
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       11-09-2011, 4:17 PM Reply   
Haha whatup Proses

And ya, Dickie is always there to undo my laces right as I'm about to jump off the dock.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-09-2011, 4:34 PM Reply   
that just gives you the right to pull your foot out and kick him in the balls
Old     (csswake3)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-17-2011, 11:24 AM Reply   
Nice Vids. I'm heading to McCormick's next week for the first time. Looks awesome, can't wait
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-17-2011, 12:12 PM Reply   
Instead of lining up with the kicker early on and riding a straight line into it, start your cut later and edge over to the kicker at the last minute. This will help you accelerate off the top of the kicker with way less line tension because you'll be moving faster than the cable. The handle pass will be simple this way.

Once I figured this out, spinning off kickers became easy.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-17-2011, 12:28 PM Reply   
Ya I'm more used to riding behind a boat which in my mind is the complete opposite. That makes a lot of sense though, thanks!