Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (rkg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-11-2010, 11:31 AM Reply   
I have read threads in the past about guns here and seemed to be some pretty educated gun folks here. So, I am looking at a gun for CC and considering the S&W MP or Taurus Millenium. I did not like how the Glock or the XD felt, so those are out for this round. I may come back arounf to them if I decide to pick up more, but not at this time. Looking for opinions. Everything I have read was old Milleniums were crap, but the PRO model is solid (several threads out there with owners loving them) I actually like having an external safety, so that is important to me. The MP feels awesome, but at least $250 more. I just do not think I want to spend the extra if the Taurus is reliable, I can spend the extra money on ammo (also if it gets holster wear from carry).

My two questions: opinion on each gun? is the MP worth the extra $$$?

Thanks
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-11-2010, 12:12 PM Reply   
Have you checked http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php ? There are some pretty good reviews on there.

I currently own both a Taurus PT 145 Pro and a PT 24/7PRO 9mm. I CC my .45 and trust my life with it. Some of the Taurus guns have had magazine problems, but I'm not sure about Mil Pro 9. I can tell you both of my Taurus guns have been extremely reliable with over 3k rounds through the 9 and over 5k through the .45. I don't think you can really go wrong with a Taurus, plus for the price you can also buy a quality holster. I carry my .45 in a Crossbreed Mini-Tuck.

Hope this is of some help. Good luck. let me know if you have any other questions.
Old     (rkg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-11-2010, 12:24 PM Reply   
Thanks
I go back and forth. The MP feels great, but not $250 better. I found one site where everyone hated the Millenium PRO and others where it got good reviews. Couple shops have spoke well of it also. i just do not want to save $250 to have a gun that sits at the manufacturer for 6 months getting repaired. Keep looking at the S&W due to ergonomics and reputations, but the price bugs me. If I get into range shooting alot more, it might be next. If I only have a gun for carry. I hate to spend the extra $$$$.

Yeah, I am neurotic over this.........worse than when I was boat shopping....
Old     (yodd_tost)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-11-2010, 2:24 PM Reply   
My father in law carries and Kahr p9 everyday and loves it, I've shot it and really like it. Just a thought.
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-11-2010, 4:52 PM Reply   
My wife carries the Taurus Pro 9mm from time to time. She says it's very comfortable to carry and feels great in her hands which is why she chose it. I think she's probably put 2-3k rounds through it with no issues. I think the older Taurus stuff was iffy but the newer models seem to be considerably improved.
Old     (rkg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-11-2010, 7:45 PM Reply   
Thanks guys

In a weird turn of events, I stumbled into a good deal where the M&P was about $100 more then the Taurus, decided to go for the M&P. Really liked the Taurus, but the M&P felt a little better and the price difference was at a point I could swallow. I may still look to the PRO as a second down the road, or look at a full size pistol for the range.