Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (kkong72)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-11-2008, 10:11 AM Reply   
I'm not going off to college till next fall but but i want to start doing some research now. I love photography. Even though I'm not majoring in it in college i plan on tacking as many classes as i can. My mom bought a Sony A-100 and thats what I've been using the past couple years. Obviously this isn't a great camera and i cant take my moms camera to college. So my quest is what is the best camera for college level classes? I have been looking at some Nikons lately, i have no real preference though. I just want a really good camera thats not crazy expensive. i know a few guys on here are taking classes and im just looking for some great advise.
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-11-2008, 10:30 AM Reply   
I'd stick with a Canon or Nikon DSLR. You can find a used Canon 20D or XT pretty cheap these days. Keep in mind that you will also have to buy some glass and that's not cheap.
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-11-2008, 10:34 AM Reply   
It would be helpful when these kind of threads pop up if the poster stated a budget. What's cheap to me might not be for you making a reply a little tough
Old     (kkong72)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-11-2008, 11:52 AM Reply   
I'm not looking to spend to much over $1200. I realize I'm going to have invest in some glass along with the body and probably a good flash. I have been looking at package deals on eBay and it seems like i can get a good set up for fairly cheap.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-11-2008, 3:41 PM Reply   
The Best Nikon is the Nikon D3 and the Best Canon is the 1DS Mark lll.

Those are crazy expensive so anything below that in your price range will do fine.

I agree with walt get a used 20 D you'll be happy. If you're lookin for a nikon, im sure one of the nikon guys will chime in soon.
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-04-2009, 12:32 AM Reply   
I'd do a 40D with 18-200 lens.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-04-2009, 11:06 AM Reply   
"I'd do a 40D with 18-200 lens."
Funny I did tons of reading and this is the exact set-up I decided on. I got the camera body, lens, UV filter and 4GB card from B&H for $1300 and some change. Great deal and the people there are great to deal with. Beware of too deep of deals. Some of these sites are what they call "bait & switch". B&H was solid.