Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mnorris)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-15-2012, 7:26 AM Reply   
Im fairly new to the forum and was wondering if any of you have any suggestions for weighting an 05 Malibu Wakesetter Xti (21ft). The boat has the 340 monsoon, 500lb centre bag as well as the old school wedge. I have tried several weighting configurations last summer and am trying to get the wake as similar to the 05-08 VLX as I can. I realize being a direct drive alot of that weight is shifted forward, unlike the VLX, however I am determined to try and get the wake as big as I can while still having some room for people to sit. I compete and just want to try and get my wake shaped better for this summer!

My current set up is

250lb bow bag
500lb MLS in Ski locker
2x Fly high fatbricks in the rear wrap around area (310lbs total)
250 under rear starboard wrap around
250 in lead under port wrap around seat
2-4 people in back wrap around area
Wedge Deployed

Its hard finding any more room to add weight without taking up peoples seating but if anyone thinks I should shift some weight or remove some bow weight I would appreciate hearing from you.

here is a pic of the current wake with less ballast than listed above, riding about 22.6 mph
Attached Images

Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-15-2012, 8:36 AM Reply   
If you had a picture of the inside of your boat it would help. I also have a direct drive and I built ballast tanks in the side towards the rear of the boat. Mine also has some space for some lead bricks in the rear if needed. Those are probably the best way to get weight without using space.
Old     (mnorris)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-15-2012, 8:46 AM Reply   
Here is a picture of the interior part of the back of the boat, its that unique wrap around Malibu discontinued. My fat bricks go right on the floor where the v drive engine would be and the rest of the weight is under the left and right seats. More weight in the back is ideal? but is there a benefit to adding more bow weight?
Attached Images

Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-15-2012, 2:18 PM Reply   
Unfortunately, getting agood wake in addition to keeping seats open has been basically impossible for us.

How we weight my buddies:

stock MLS
800lb. sack in walkthrough
3 fat bricks in the foot area in back
2 400 lb. bags on top of bricks that basically fill up the play pen area.

Not much room for passengers s you can tell, but it's the only way we can get a decent wake.
Old     (mnorris)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-15-2012, 4:08 PM Reply   
Thanks for the replies, I have a few extra bags so maybe I will just load them up in that seating area and go from there. Do you have any pictures of the wake Dan?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-15-2012, 5:08 PM Reply   
i would find a sac that fills that gap and then just place another 750lb and fill that whole rear area, throw your passenger up front and youll probably have a mackin wake.