Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    9Drozd            03-24-2012, 12:06 PM Reply   
Has anyone had any experience with the new fusion decks. I'm looking at the MS-CD600. One of our suppliers now caries a few of their decks along with their wired remotes and I can get it at cost. I currently have an old clarion and it comes and goes and needs to be replaced along with 2 wired remote controls. So I was thinking about going with that deck. So if anyone has played/used/has one, any input would be great. Thanks guys.
Old     (morrisdl)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-24-2012, 5:56 PM Reply   
I originally ordered a Fusion IP600 (Ipod dock inside), but luckily it was DOA and easily returned. While I had it in hand I realized this model was some what limiting for my needs. As an iphone user, I would prefer to have access to the iphone screen to switch songs in Slacker Radio / Pandora apps. So Ill just use the AUX in of the CD500 model I found on closeout at west marine, gain CD capability, got it for 1/2 the price of the IP600.

Other BIG differences between the two Fusion units:
THe 500 series radios had 4 output zones each with pre and sub outputs.
The 600 series radios have 3 zones and pre amp out only for one zone. Smaller screen and no builtin crossovers.

This seems really odd that the company would move so far backward in capability on a new model. I only needed 3 zones, but the one set of pre outs was a deal breaker for me. The 500 series stuff has been discontinued so its really cheap (if you can find it).
Old    9Drozd            03-24-2012, 9:57 PM Reply   
Cool. Thanks for the advice. All I have now is just in boat speakers. but would like to add tower speakers down the line. So I was looking at a starting point and i thought that deck would be a good start.