Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (davey_boy)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-31-2008, 4:21 PM Reply   
Tried toeside front rolls for the first time today and I can't figure out how to generate the rotation. I am coming into the wake with some speed, flattening out and pushing off of the wake with some decent pop, but then I really struggle to generate the forward rotation. I'm trying to bring my head and shoulders forward as I would on a trampoline to initiate a front flip, but I'm flipping really slowly and landing short of the full rotation in spite of the fact that I'm getting significantly more air than I do for my normal toeside w2w jumps. So, is there something else I need to do to better initiate the rotation? I haven't had this issue for the other 2 inverts I've tried (Tantrum and Backroll). For those, the issue has been getting enough height (i.e. not throwing the trick too early), but the rotation part seems to come easily. Maybe I'm trying to throw this one too late? BTW, I have no issue doing front flips off a diving board or trampoline.
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-31-2008, 7:14 PM Reply   
Get out wide so you can get some speed on your cut and then completely back off your edge a few feet before the wake. Stand tall and make sure you're coming off the top of the wake before you throw these tricks (Eubanks words). So well explain!!! Be patient to trip at the really top of the wake!!!
Old     (davey_boy)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-31-2008, 9:11 PM Reply   
Hmm, I feel like I'm doing that part correctly in terms of waiting for the top of the wake and standing tall, but I'm not getting much forward momentum for the rotation. I get launched straight up into a big wake jump. If I lean forward really hard I start to do the forward flip, but I spin so slow I don't complete it. Do you need to be pretty aggressive on the edge change?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-01-2008, 6:39 AM Reply   
Yes. I bet you aren't coming off edge much. Not coming off edge can make for a slow and low rotation. Do you have any video. Make sure you are standing TALL on your approach...as in not breaking over at the waist. Then just back completely off your edge in the trough and stand up tall. Doing that will cause you to be kicked up and over. Now that I understand the edge change and pop more, I really don't feel like I have to throw them very hard.
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-01-2008, 9:52 AM Reply   
waketrix.com
Old     (retrow)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-01-2008, 5:18 PM Reply   
Keep the handle close to your hips!!!!!!!!
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-13-2008, 11:34 AM Reply   
make sure your actually "tripping" off the top and grab your ankle with your back hand....meaning, try tucking more.