Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (bobby_and_mikey_dad)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-09-2008, 10:03 PM Reply   
As a guy who sold boats for the last 20 years I'll tell you a story that may help with this idea.
I was selling a boat to a very nice lady last year we went through the options and decided on a price. Her husband ( the tough guy closer) told me the price was ridiculous because "my friend bought the same boat for $9,000.00 less from you last year" I said that that wasn't possible and as the angry couple was about to leave and probably get on wakeworld and say I tried to rip them off!
I asked their friends name, they gave it to me and I of course knew the customer and looked at what he had actually paid for the boat.It was the same as they were paying with less options, so less stuff and a year model older for the same money(statement about 2007 vs 2008). They are now proud boat owners and have been good customers.

Here's the deal PEOPLE LIE !!!!!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-10-2008, 8:58 AM Reply   
I catch customers in lies damn near every day it's so damn funny when you do. "oh I found one of these with less miles and more options for less money" and yet you just had to come look at mine lets pull it up on the computer.

The idea of a transparent market is ridiculous and unnecessary.
Old     (roverjohn)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-10-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
If it ended up being a bunch of lies it wouldn't hurt or help anyone. I love the way sales guys think all buyers are lying dummies. Takes one to know one I guess.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-10-2008, 4:06 PM Reply   
Way to make it personal John you're one classy guy.
Old     (bobby_and_mikey_dad)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-10-2008, 7:28 PM Reply   
Never said all buyers, just gave you a snapshot of a real situation. By the way since we think all buyer are dummies, John,( by the way I said lie and people)what does your statement say?? What would it take to make you less angry? You know Christmas is comming :-)
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-11-2008, 9:26 AM Reply   
John will never stop his madness so argueing with him is useless. I still did not get the options on the " TOOK MOOMBA".. I assume it was an XLV? 09 or 09? 340hp or 400hp? big differences. If you price one out online you are not going to pay much less than their MSRP because they don't have a 50 percent fluff like some of the guys do. If it is loaded and he got it for 60K that is not a bad deal.
Old     (blindmnkee3)      Join Date: Aug 2001       12-11-2008, 9:54 AM Reply   
Here's a quick question... I've been in contact with my local dealer and he quoted me a decent price (I thought). He then said that those prices are only good until the end of the year and after that he says "I HAVE to raise the prices by 10% after January 1st..." because of Boat Show and the markup on the new 2009's that are coming in. What???????

Since when does a 2008 model year boat go up in price 10% at the beginning of 2009. Thought this was really strange, especially with the boat show coming up in a month and half, any ideas?
Old     (buguru)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-11-2008, 10:12 AM Reply   
Hey Adam, you must of talked to one of those Spokane dealers.. LOL.. I know we wouldnt say that out here in CDA... ;o)
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-11-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
I just talked to the local Moomba dealer. don't think that is the case. If you order a 09 the price will go up after the first of the year. 08's will be the same. We can get you a smokin deal on a BU if you want to take a look at what we have in stock.....
Old     (bobby_and_mikey_dad)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-11-2008, 11:46 AM Reply   
If your interested I have a 2006 Moomba Mobius and a 2005 VLX, both obviously used, that I got really cheap that I can get for you.

Your local dealer is trying to create some urgency in an effort to sell you a boat in the dead of winter, maybe to keep you out of the boat show (shark tank) and away from other dealers.
Old     (blindmnkee3)      Join Date: Aug 2001       12-11-2008, 3:04 PM Reply   
I understand that he is just trying to unload before the boat show and the price wasn't bad in my eyes. It would take a major deal for me to move into anything before the 1st of the year, and I understand that he wants to get rid of inventory. But come on, a 10% price increase on "old" inventory is pretty ridiculous. I can't believe anyone would go for that. I'll just have to check back in a few months or at the boat show and see what it looks like then.

And yes, it was in Spokane, lol.

Bret, I may be interested in seeing what BU's you have. Send me an email or post a link for me. Thanks