Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-13-2010, 4:42 PM Reply   
So, we just bought an 09 24SSV. It has a stock 2k in ballast, but it could definitely use some more, and I was wondering if you all had suggestions on how to weight it best? I don't need a super huge wake because I'm not that advanced of a rider, but I have friends that are, and also the wake was shaped better when we had more people in the boat (just a few people made a big difference in shape), and so I'm looking at get extra ballast to balance things out and stuff. Thanks for your time!
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-13-2010, 4:52 PM Reply   
There are quite a few 24ssv owners over @ http://supraboats.com/bbs/
I've got a 22, and really only surf, so I'm not much help to you
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-13-2010, 5:12 PM Reply   
The hard part of having a large wakeboat is having a clean wake at low speeds for the beginners or if you want to slow it down to learn new tricks.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-13-2010, 6:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboardern1 View Post
So, we just bought an 09 24SSV. It has a stock 2k in ballast, but it could definitely use some more, and I was wondering if you all had suggestions on how to weight it best? I don't need a super huge wake because I'm not that advanced of a rider, but I have friends that are, and also the wake was shaped better when we had more people in the boat (just a few people made a big difference in shape), and so I'm looking at get extra ballast to balance things out and stuff. Thanks for your time!
Nick,

How fast are you going? That boat with the stock ballast should throw a nice wake, infact its the only wakeboard boat that uses a stock ballast that towes competition events without adding any additional weight (according to waterski magazine). All of the pro Supra riders are being towing between 22.5-26MPH, if you are in this range it should be quite nice. Also use your wake plate to shape the wake how you like it.

I only have the 22 SSV, as Scott mentioned head over the Supra site and some of the 24SSV owners will help you out. There are some good people on that website.

Here is the link on the ballast on the 24 SSV... you will need to click on the ballast clip.

http://waterskimag.com/ski-boats/200...launch-24-ssv/
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-13-2010, 6:19 PM Reply   
Alright, sounds good. Like I said, I'm fine with it, but the people that I ride with are usually behind an X-Star that they have pretty much sunk, so it's one of those things. I'm big into filming (I'm working on a DVD that does not suck like my last one), and because I have this boat now, I can get pretty much anyone out there to film whenever we're all available (I have a deckboat to chase with), but most of them tend to be wake snobs for whatever reason. Some of these guys are insane riders, so I wasn't too sure about that. Maybe it's a little toolish of me to be looking into ways to make the wake better for others when it's fine for me, but like I said, I need to be able to put together chaseboat filming sessions with them, and I can't do that when they're riding their boat since they're on the opposite end of a fairly large lake, so I need them to be able to come down here and still land the stuff that they do behind their X-Star, if that makes sense.

Also, I was playing with the wake plate today and I think that it may not be working. I'm going to have to recheck that. We got shafted by our dealer on some stuff, and they're now working to make up for it, but they didn't take care of anything they were supposed to before we went and picked the boat up. Unfortunately it started pouring rain when my dad got to the dealership to pick up the boat, so checking for some of this stuff wasn't a huge priority.

I usually ride at 23.8 ish, but earlier I had to slow it down cause it was feeling way faster than that, and the wake kind of freaked on me. Like it got kind of small and started washing at the top for some reason, which is what spurred this topic. It may just be that we need to get some stuff fixed under the warranty to solve some of this stuff, but yeah.

Thanks for all the advice and time here guys!
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-13-2010, 7:51 PM Reply   
How bout some pics of your new ride? 24 Worlds! That has to be a sweet looking ride!
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-14-2010, 8:58 AM Reply   
Haha, we'll hopefully be doing some chasefilming tomorrow morning early, so I'll try to throw you a bone after that travis.