Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (g_miller)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-13-2006, 8:11 PM Reply   
Right now I have about 2 to 3 inches clearance between my windshield and garage door. I took my tower off to store the boat for the winter and it makes alot of sense to sell the old tower and pick up something that folds lower. I like the TITAN I, but am not sure if it will fold low enough. Does the front of the titan fold forward or just back into the windshield? I realise that the Monster folds below the windshield but I like the look of the Titan better. Are there any other towers that fold low in the $1500 price range?
Old    malibu_nut            11-14-2006, 6:17 AM Reply   
I don't have any pics but my titan I fold pretty low. It lays back on the windshield and only sticks above the windshield the diameter of the tubing (2-1/4" I think)
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-14-2006, 8:43 AM Reply   
I used to have a 2000 VLX with the Titan and it cleared my garage door by about 1". It should be the same boat as yours.

Good luck!
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       11-14-2006, 9:27 AM Reply   
I had the Titan on my 2001 Malibu and had to fold the tower forward in order to get in the garage. The tower is great---super sturdy---highly recomend.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-14-2006, 11:40 AM Reply   
the new "california" tribal tower on the new centurions will fold low enough for a 7' door...
Old     (g_miller)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-14-2006, 12:34 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone. My garage door is 6' 7". Has anyone had any experience with the XTP Edge tower? It looks really good and Wakeside has a great deal on scratch and dent right now.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-14-2006, 3:19 PM Reply   
I have a clearence problem also. I back my boat in as far as possible and then drop it down and push it the rest. I bolted a caster wheel to the front.

Upload
Upload
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-14-2006, 6:36 PM Reply   
Monster tower clearly folds the lowest.

It folds lower than the windshield.

(Message edited by wakeboardin2k4 on November 14, 2006)
Old     (boardsandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-17-2006, 12:05 PM Reply   
Samson makes a tower for the Epic that folds down flat and sits no higher than the windshield. I believe I've seen the same tower on a Tige from a Northwest dealer. It has two releases at each board rack location and then can be collapsed by one person. The tower is also very solid.

The owner of Samson is also very friendly and his work is top notch. Perhaps he can custom fit one for you.

Dave
Old     (ef3529)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-17-2006, 4:37 PM Reply   
The tribal tower by Skylon folds down below the windshield. Centurion is using that tower. I have it on mine and it lays down a few inches below the windshield.