Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       05-08-2006, 1:33 AM Reply   
ok not "new" but after a 48 hour overhaul she looks better than new... Peter went above and beyond helping me out with the mechanical stuff and even fired up his buffer and the gelcoat looks better than the day I picked it up... I also got around to finally sanding/oiling the teak and a few other little projects I keep putting off...

rig
the rig

teak1
ready for sanding

teak2
nice and smooth

teak3
oiled and ready

cf1
shot of the cockpit when i picked her up 4 years ago

cf2
heat gun + tacky warning stickers

cf3
this weekend I finally got around to replacing the stickers with the carbon fiber grant sent me last year - thanks for the bling grant!

cf4
CF Cockpit

buff1
Peter getting started buffing

buff2
Peter going to town

buff3
kind of hard to tell from the pics but the shine is incredible

done
ready to tow her home

Thanks again to Peter for all his help. While we were at it I overhauled his laptop and desktop -- somehow I think I got the better end of the deal...
Old     (the_pimp)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-08-2006, 3:38 AM Reply   
Bud, you own my dream boat!! I still think this TE model and year is still the best looking and performing boat that Nautique has ever produced. It looks awesome, period!
These boats come up so well with a bit of TLC - good work!!
Old    walt            05-08-2006, 4:38 AM Reply   
Looking good Wes. Tell Peter I'll be bringing my boat by around October or so.
Old     (jixxxer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-08-2006, 5:40 AM Reply   
Very nice and clean!
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-08-2006, 5:42 AM Reply   
looks good!
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-08-2006, 6:01 AM Reply   
Looks amazing man! Great job.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-08-2006, 6:49 AM Reply   
That is a beauty boat. LOVE IT.
I generally take my stickers off too, but don't you have to leave the capacity sticker on if you ever get boarded my the po po??????
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-08-2006, 6:55 AM Reply   
that looks Fing beautiful!! it's so shiny! now i remember why i love black
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-08-2006, 7:15 AM Reply   
The only problem I see is that I see a cooler, but no empty beer cans all over the ground....JK, great job, looks great.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       05-08-2006, 8:13 AM Reply   
Whoa!!!

That looks amazing!
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-08-2006, 8:31 AM Reply   
It's my evil twin.....or do I have the evil twin??

Beautiful ride, what kind of buffing compound did your use on it. Ours is due for a gelcoat buff when the season ends. One more summer of scuffs and then we will buff them all out.

all black 02 = best CC ever
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-08-2006, 8:34 AM Reply   
That is the best 210 nautique ever came out with. Definately bought an awesome boat. I still drool over the 2002 issues of wakeboarding magazine with Danny Harf leaning on the back compartments of that 210 and then him doing a nuclear broll to blind.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-08-2006, 8:51 AM Reply   
What's the megaphone for(at the drivers feet?)...???

Boat looks great Wes.....!!
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       05-08-2006, 9:14 AM Reply   
the megaphone is for teaching without losing your voice

flux, i'll let peter give you the details of the two polishes he used...
Old     (unclesam)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-08-2006, 9:30 AM Reply   
Your boat is incredible, I love it.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-08-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
Looking good Wes. I remember you having some serious water spots on the black gel coat.

Nice shine.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       05-08-2006, 9:49 AM Reply   
thanks guys. ya, J-Rod, i am a glutton for punishment but i still love the black!

question - which nvs speakers do you run and what amp do you use?

thanks!
Wes
Old     (seadawg)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-08-2006, 12:12 PM Reply   
Wow! I just decided, the next boat I get will be BLACK. Nice ride.
Old     (susieq)      Join Date: May 2002       05-08-2006, 12:12 PM Reply   
Beautiful! Peter...is that one of my beach towels in the last picture being used as a rag?! Maybe you were just toweling off all the sweat...
Good job guys!!!
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       05-08-2006, 6:56 PM Reply   
that towel was for me to lay out in the sun and supervise from...
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-08-2006, 11:39 PM Reply   
Ummmm no Wes, Sophie the supervisor is clearly visable in the first picture sitting in the middle of the lawn. Those beach towels are working great for drying off from diving and wiping down vehicles after washing

Walt, you do not want to know what that service would cost! I perfromed a major service to the boat and fixed everything we could find wrong including repairing parts of the trailer. It also reminded me of why I sold my boat; unfortunately I ride with Wes all the time, and treat his boat as my own

"if you ever get boarded my the po po??????"
"but no empty beer cans all over the ground" This is what keeps us from not being boarded by the po po. In over 13 years of going to the Delta I have never been boarded or written a ticket.

As to buffing a black boat, well if you have never done a boat or car before I would say leave it to a pro. It takes a lot of finesse to not screw it up. Let alone the fact that it took over 5 hours and that was husling. I was super worried at first about swirl marks. I even started with a 3m Perfect it 2 machine glaze and it did not cut the water spots or scratches enough, so I switched to Perfect it 3 rubbing compound. I did not use an orbital, but it turned out just fine. My sander/polisher is rated minimum 1500, then I slow it down more with a speed control by HF, dropping it to around 1200 or so. Light pressure and keeping the gel coat cool seemed to work well. I also keep the pad clean, and use a lot of rubbing compound, but not so much it over sprays. How to buff is an article in itself. I learned more than a few tricks on my own boat but my friends in the autobody industry have shared a lot of info on how to do these types of things. Maybe someone in the detail industry could write an article?

So Wes did I tell you I got home at 12:40 am and had a 7:00 am webex? Guess what? My computer did not have the necessary software LOL I am still loading the software for the programs I need tomorrow morning.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-09-2006, 8:32 AM Reply   
beautiful job on the boat. There's something about doing a thorough cleaning of your boat that gives you that somewhat new feeling again (and it saves a lot on the wallet).

I gave up on the teak platform myself though. I used to go through at the beginning of the season, sand it down, clean it up, and then oil it down, but two days into the water, and it always pretty much looked worn out again...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-09-2006, 8:49 AM Reply   
Wes. I run the 1010s with a cheap MA Audio 1200W amp.

Now that they have the Tyrant I would go for those. I think the horn is less ear-piercing. Also, talk to Duane and see if he will sell you the Tyrant X (his latest creation). 4 10s and 4 coax horns. Better sound, just as loud, and more compact.

I'm riding today at 1PM at Orwood if you want to come test them out. I would like to hook up and ride again. I think I'm ready for another round with your wake.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       05-09-2006, 9:13 AM Reply   
sweet - i will take a look at the tyrants. I can't make it to orwood today :-( but now that the boat is ready to go I plan to get out there asap... i also plan to ride a minimum of 1-2 weekdays per week this summer, so we should hook that up for sure...
Old    wakestyle            05-09-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
Wes, absolutely beautiful man... damn that's sweeet.

I'm pulling mine out of bed this weekend and will be in full detail mode as well. Your pics are very inspiring, great job man.