Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-16-2009, 5:55 AM Reply   
Well it's getting close to that time of year again. This years gathering in Pateros Washington will be Sept. 2-6th.

We will be bringing the kicker and a slider this year. There will be a pot luck Saturday night followed by a drawing benefitting The Susan G Comen foundation.

Dave "Fellini" Buck will be providing a nightly cinematic jumble of wake movies and any submissions from the crew for that day on his redneck big screen.

The Seven Hole Seven Iron golf tourney will again be held Friday morning up at Alta Lake Golf course.

The hotel may still have rooms for those interested. Pateros Motor Inn - 509-923-2203.

http://www.lakepaterosmotorinn.com/

There are camp grounds within a mile.
http://www.stateparks.com/alta_lake.html

The gas station has rv hookups available just down the street.
http://www.paterossuperstop.com/index.html

For any who have not attended this gathering. It is not a competition in any way. This is a family friendly meeting of northwesterners who wish to celebrate the end of the season together, sharing their gear, boats, stories, ect.

The town is setup as such that when you pull in you are basically done having to drive for the weekend. There is a gas station, restaurant, liquor/sporting goods store, bar, and a mechanics garage within a block of the motel.

The motel itself is perfectly setup for mooring your boat just outside the door of your room. Kids can spend the entire day in the pool or on the expansive lawn under the watchful eye of multiple hyper sensitive mothers.

The towns people have welcomed us with open arms for going on twenty years now and usually come down to watch us try to kill ourselves on the kicker.

Well, that's it in a nutshell. We are always open to new folks coming out and anyone is welcome.

Oh, for anyone who may be wondering about the riding conditions.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       07-18-2009, 9:51 PM Reply   
I think I remember Cliff using wakeboard bindings as flippers at this event last year
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       07-19-2009, 8:51 PM Reply   
I am not sure I can ride in conditions like that cliff. Sammamish has ruined me for other water.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-20-2009, 6:03 AM Reply   
Hey Cliff, I'm not sure I can make it. Can you hold a room for me, I should be able to let you know the night before we leave if I'll need the room or not. Thanks.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...I am bringing a Costco sized bag of Cheeto's and a 1/2 gallon of chocolate milk to bring on your boat.

TTFN.
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       07-20-2009, 8:03 PM Reply   
Brad, that will work out great...I've got the doritos with extra cheese!
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-20-2009, 9:21 PM Reply   
Be there Thursday about 8am. and here are more pics to get you in the mood.
Upload
Upload
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       07-20-2009, 9:53 PM Reply   
You guys are scaring me off with these water pictures. Dave you must be leaving at the crack of dawn to get there by 8 on thursday.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-22-2009, 12:03 PM Reply   
If the family comes together we'll probably leave at 5am. If I come out early (like usual), I'll be there Wednesday night.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-22-2009, 11:20 PM Reply   
It was just awful today...

100 degree temps and butter when we got here this afternoon. If September is even close to what we are currently experiencing, it's going to be yet another awesome Wakefest this year.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-23-2009, 12:09 AM Reply   
Here we go. My timing is impeccable yet again. I'm actually in Seattle in August and will miss this event.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-23-2009, 8:13 AM Reply   
Hardly bearable this morning.

http://www.paterossuperstop.com/

Guess we'll just have to head out and ride.