Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (saint_chris)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-13-2008, 3:23 PM Reply   
We took our annual trip, towed the Boat from Colorado to Florida 1800 miles one way. First day on the water put up a decent tantrum came down flat on a roller and snapped my board. Called up CWB, talked to Justin, he said if I wanted to cruise down to Orlando he would give me VIP tickets to the 1st stop of the King of Wake tournament. I told him cool, he said to hook up with Zane when I get gown there and I could get a replacement board. Needless to say CWB has gone above and beyond again. If any of you are looking at buying a board, Great product, and hands down best customer service.

-ChrisUpload
Upload
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-13-2008, 3:41 PM Reply   
My friend has broken 2 plats in 3 weeks. They overnighted the second one because he has a tournament this weekend. CWB has great customer service.
Old     (horchem1)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-13-2008, 3:43 PM Reply   
Amazing how small efforts make a big difference. Last year, I snapped a pair of LF bindings and Gator bindings, both replaced them with no questions asked. Glad to see CWB step up.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-13-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
ride cwb but have lf bindings so your not completely sold.... but that is cool. most companies will help you out much like this. a lot of the time you can roll into the local shop and if they have the product they will swap it there as well
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-13-2008, 4:13 PM Reply   
Aren't those Cell bindings by Ronix? Great story about a company doing what they should...standing for their product. I have had great experiences with all the board companies that I have had to deal with.
Old     (dnannen)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-13-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
I snapped mine earlier this year and local shop replaced it in a heart beat. Great Service!

I can see why you broke it look at that water......
Old     (dnannen)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-13-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
I snapped mine earlier this year and local shop replaced it in a heart beat. Great Service!

I can see why you broke it look at that water......
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-13-2008, 4:48 PM Reply   
when everyone's stuff breaks they better be good about it.
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-13-2008, 4:51 PM Reply   
Great customer service

Lousy product design.

If you keep breaking your boards wouldn't you be better off trying something else?

(Message edited by gobigorgohome on May 13, 2008)
Old     (bwog21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-13-2008, 4:58 PM Reply   
broke my cwb transcend, but hey i hit sliders, i guess im out of luck, had it 3 months and landed a 7 boom, I've been riding my 02 premier latly and its just not cutting it. Is there anything I can do.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-13-2008, 5:08 PM Reply   
Buy another CWB and don't hit sliders
Old     (ezekiel700)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-14-2008, 5:40 AM Reply   
You said it Peter Sharp! Glad they are doing something right.
Old     (waken4life)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-14-2008, 8:55 AM Reply   
king of wake tickets are worth next to nothing, and the fact you had to travel to go get another board is whack. thats not a good deal to me...
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-14-2008, 9:26 AM Reply   
Introducing Paul Jacobs, the most positive man alive!! Way to kill the good vibes.

Considering that no company will bring you a board to your boat in the middle of the lake, its surmisable that one will have to drive to a shop to get your new board. Why not get some free tickets and hang out with Zane, the designer of the board?
Old     (agentmichaelscorn)      Join Date: May 2008       05-14-2008, 9:26 AM Reply   
I disagree with Paul. He was traveling, so they had nowhere to send it to on short notice, so he had to take a little drive to get a new board just like that and got to hang out with Zane. That sounds like a sweet deal. I'm pretty sure most companies aren't gonna overnight a board to someone that's not a team rider or in a tourny, so I think CWB hooked him up.
Old     (zaneschwenk)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-14-2008, 9:26 AM Reply   
Chris....glad you came down to WG and had a good time, sorry again for the issue with the board. I really appreciate the fact that most on this post can realize that boards can break and do sometimes, CWB customer service stepping up is a huge aspect of the commitment the brand has to the riders that use our product. As we all progress with riding so does the design from all aspects, look for 2009 to step it up again from CWB....for now have a great time riding and thanks again for rocking the Absolute!

Zane
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-14-2008, 9:41 AM Reply   
Paul, I'm sure your the coolest guy in Nevada, but what would have been a your solution to the problem?
I think CWB did a great job as most of everyone on here agrees with.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-14-2008, 11:35 AM Reply   
Zane, next time you see Billy give him a hug for me, I miss him
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-14-2008, 11:46 AM Reply   
this is why i ride cwb... because they break !

???hmmm, ok.

just kidding, that's what it looked like though when i opened the post. there are a few companies whose boards tend to break. it happens. be proud you go big enough to break one!
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-14-2008, 11:58 AM Reply   
I have had similar experiences with CWB. There boards are awesome. I usually get a season or more out of a board which I think is good ( 600 hrs on a boat in 18 months). I'll ride CWB as long as they keep that rocker above 3
Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-14-2008, 12:38 PM Reply   
do you absolutely have to send in your warranty thing to get it replaced? I think i misplaced my card..
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-14-2008, 12:47 PM Reply   
Wow Nick, thats touching. I'm sure Shwan will give you a hug(if his girlfriend says it ok).
BTW hows the MasterTique?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-14-2008, 1:18 PM Reply   
She runs like a dream when the Tique part is in control, the master part is a little less quality.

He is soooooo whipped... I don't even get mad anymore, its just a joke.

*End Hijack*
Old     (saint_chris)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-14-2008, 3:32 PM Reply   
Jason Delmage (delmage171) I never sent anything to them. Just give them a call 1-425-245-1015 and they may ask you to email a pict but I never sent in a card.

Zane, Thank you for making a new board happen for me. You did save my vacation!
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-14-2008, 3:36 PM Reply   
I contacted them via e-mail about my bindings 3 months ago and have yet to hear from them

:-(
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-14-2008, 4:06 PM Reply   
Thats because you sent them an e-mail, try giving them a call.

425-775-5416 ask for warranty and they will take care of you.
They get way backed up with e-mails.
Old     (s_s)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-14-2008, 4:12 PM Reply   
MJW - Call the factory at 425.775.5416
ask for warranty or sales, both will help you out.Or you can PM me.
Sorry on the email response.....we literally get 500 emails every day. ( granted a large percentage are ads for enlarging one's junk or meeting that special Russian bride ) . Our spam filters will trap legit emails from time to time and let that crap slip through.....
Old     (ron1xone)      Join Date: May 2007       05-14-2008, 7:55 PM Reply   
So you ride CWB because they have a product but have good customer service....?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-14-2008, 9:47 PM Reply   
ive always wanted to see a pic of a snapped board, hear about it all the time but have not seen a pic like that.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-14-2008, 10:39 PM Reply   
I ride CWB because my absolute just feels great under my feet. They land soooooo nicely and I have bad knees
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-14-2008, 11:50 PM Reply   
I agree Russell, their stuff does kick ass! Yeah CWB!!

Jeremy here ya go, it happens to all companies.
Upload
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-15-2008, 8:08 AM Reply   
Thats funny Russell, coming from a guy who rides Ronix, ya there boards never break.
Old     (mkrueger313)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-15-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
I have never had a hyperlite break before. I have never heard of a hyperlite breaking either. Sounds like CWB needs to address the breaking problems you guys are talking about. I wouldn't pay $500 for a board just to have it snap in half. I know all you guys love CWB and I'm not trying to bash but that just sounds whack.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-15-2008, 12:16 PM Reply   
Mike, how long you been riding? All companies break. Ask any pro rider. Heck for that matter I'll tell you, I've seen every brand break including Hyperlite, Ronix, O'brien, CWB, Slingshot, Gator, Krown, LF, Double Up. You get a big fella landing in the flats and boards are not able to take it, sad but true. As for the CWB breaking, its the trade off you take with the light weight/snap of Platinum core. Look into Hyperlite old honeycomb boards and Hype & LF's Balsa cores. Anytime you lighten the foam/internal core you are sacrificing some strength.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-15-2008, 12:20 PM Reply   
ive seen hyperlites break from landing hard on the tail during a tantrum.

I agree every board will break eventually and ppl shouldnt focus on cwb bc someone posted a pic of it. Im sure weve all seen boards from every company break.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-15-2008, 12:22 PM Reply   
Mike,
Maybe you just don't go big enough to break a board. EVERY wakeboard company out there have boards that break. It's just a fact. If I were riding a board that did break, I would want to know that they will help me out when needed, and not just throw me under the bus. Way to go CWB!!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-15-2008, 12:26 PM Reply   
Hyperlite makes great boards, but trust me they break as well, one of my riders broke 6 in a summer, but then again he goes a little bigger then your average rider.
He rode for CWB for a couple years and broke 4 in one summer, now he is back on Hyperlite, we will see how many he breaks.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-15-2008, 12:56 PM Reply   
A kid I was pulling last week, delaminated a brand new Slingshot. They all break just like everything else man made nothings perfect. Its how you are treated after the sale that makes your purchase worth while.
Old     (mkrueger313)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-15-2008, 12:57 PM Reply   
I have been wakeboarding for 10 years and trust me I go big enough. The way I see it is you have all these guys posting about how they go through 3 or 4 boards a month, that would get really annoying. I dont need a board that is one pound lighter so you can get the extra 6 inches of air time if I have to sacrifice durability and worry that everytime I throw a banger into the flats my board might snap in half. Sorry to get all your guys' panties bunched up I was just saying its never happened to me and I wouldnt be happy if it was happeneing on a regular basis, at least Im happy to hear CWB has their act together with the customer service aspect of the situation because Hyperlite isnt the quickest when it comes to warranty fulfillments.
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-15-2008, 1:14 PM Reply   
Big Heavy,
I beg to differ on your opinion. There has not been one Slingshot board that has been snapped or broken off the wake....ever!

Now rail riding is a different story, all boards will get worn out quickly on rails. But as for the wake, Slingshots will not break, and that is something that NO OTHER COMPANY can boast!
Old     (jermiside)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-15-2008, 1:21 PM Reply   
flexboards = slowing the progression of wake2wake wakeboarding one rider at a time. yea!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-15-2008, 1:24 PM Reply   
"I have never had a hyperlite break before. I have never heard of a hyperlite breaking either."

That's hilarious! Don't get out much do ya?
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-15-2008, 1:29 PM Reply   
who didn't see this turning into an argument?
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-15-2008, 1:35 PM Reply   
ive broken hyperlites. several actually
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-15-2008, 1:39 PM Reply   
As a guy that has been doing this since the beginning, I can tell you, there is not a company out there that makes an unbreakable. I have broke every board in the business. I have had custom boards made by EVERY major board design in the business. Just don't matter. The boards have come so far in the last few years from all mfg's that has decreased my quantities of breakage. In my case it is Size vs. gravity, but in other cases it is simply how you land as a rider.

Jared - Send one of those bad boys over here and we'll see if it gets through one ride.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-15-2008, 1:40 PM Reply   
Jared, Slingshot may not break in half but they def will delaminate. I personally have seen 2 in the past month. Slingshot also took care of the problem by replacing both boards no questions asked.
Old     (saint_chris)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-16-2008, 3:39 PM Reply   
Look I didn't mean for this to turn in to an argument. I have been riding CWB for 5 years now, I have broken 2. Each and every time they replaced the board in under 5 days no problem. I have had a delam problem with LF and Hyperlite, lets face it it's like a contradiction in terms, there a tank. Ronix ...Love the bindings. The point of my post was to let you know that CWB stands behind their product, and they have a great product. I would buy another absolute no problem.
Old     (a907rider)      Join Date: May 2006       05-17-2008, 8:12 AM Reply   
I've also had great experience with CWB. My buddy got torn up by the hinge on a pair of last years Zues's that I gave him and posted the incedent on here when it happened. Doug Cannon got wind of it and he's hooking him up with a new 08 pair with the turned down latch. The bindings didn't even break and CWB is replacing them anyway! CWB is a great company that stands behind their product 110%.
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-17-2008, 11:12 AM Reply   
Jermiside-- How do flexboards do that ? ?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-17-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
my slingshot is the best board i've ever been on, the progression is nothing short of fast since i've been on it... and its tough...rails and wake riding hasn't done a thing to it so far...

I ride boards pretty tough too, I've broken:
2 byerly 142's
1 byerly 132
1 3ds
1 LF trip

HL certainly does break... i know this, their warrenty is awesome too... my murrays blew out a few years ago and 2 years later since the 08 murrays weren't being made in a 12/13 yet they just gave me $350 store credit at my local shop, hard to beat that.

Either way stuff will get destroyed, some people just have bad luck... and I haven't seen a wake company yet who doesn't help out its riders, its a great industry
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-18-2008, 7:50 PM Reply   
Steve~
jermiside is just a flex hater... not sure exactly why though, don't mind him.
he might turn around once LF adds more flex to their line as has been hinted, and when Co. Wake comes out... etc. etc.

... as for breaking boards... i guess i don't ride hard enough ;(