Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-07-2006, 7:40 AM Reply   
I have been trying unsuccessfully the past few weeks to get my two cousins to try wakeboarding. They are both 10 and like to watch me, I got one of them to say he would try so I did a couple runs so he could see how to get up, on my last run I took a hard fall that once he saw changed his mind, any idea how to get them to at least try to wakeboard? I have no problem with them not liking it after they try but I really think they would like it since they like watching me and like getting tossed around on the tube. I thought they would be wanting to try as soon as I asked them but I think they are scared to try. So any ideas on getting them to try?
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-07-2006, 8:06 AM Reply   
Maybe they really don't want to try it! But, if they really DO want to try it and they're just scared, what about having them each bring a friend along who would be willing to try? Once they see their friends try it and (hopefully) not get hurt, maybe they'd be more apt to try it.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-07-2006, 8:18 AM Reply   
That could work, I think they want to do it but I think they are just scared of getting hurt.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-07-2006, 8:58 AM Reply   
"A friend along that would be willing to try"... That was a really good peice of advice Kylie-logan!
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-07-2006, 10:19 AM Reply   
ya
my bro is 10 years old and i think hes scared. i keep beggin him but then my parents get mad. he is too busy playin video games.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-07-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
I think they would like because they love being out on the lake they are just scared of the hard falls I think, but if a friend comes and tries they probably will too.
Old     (newman)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-07-2006, 12:21 PM Reply   
Tell them wakeboarding is for teenagers and adults only. May take a couple weeks, but they'll come around.