Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-17-2008, 8:02 AM Reply   
Here are a few fun shots from last week on our Malibu Vride. Can I say, I really want a bigger boat / bigger wake...
After seeing Denish's pics a few months back of the Sanger 237, that boat has been shortlisted...

Also, there might be something to be said for losing some weight :-) I'm pushing 205lbs...

DJamesz seems to be in the 200lb club like myself :-) and is boosting big on that nice beefy wake on his cyclone.

Any other 200+ riders that are breaking free from the wake?

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    mobster            07-17-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload Dj JamejZ & Big Brian throwing their weight around. Heading up north for some video& photo sessions at Lake Tulloch and maybe Melones the 1st week in Aug So if your around after the Tulloch contest we will be shooting for our next Film, Big Air's & Barrels Behind a Boat?
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-17-2008, 11:16 AM Reply   
heres more of the heavy weights,a bigger wave does help alot, 25 years of surfing and skateboarding helps alot to .I weigh 215 Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-17-2008, 11:28 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    surfdad            07-17-2008, 12:22 PM Reply   
JL are you going to be able to make our Tulloch
contest?! That would be great! So you're going
to be doing some filming that week?

jdjjamesz, I hope we'll see you there too and
anyone else you can think of that rips as well
as you do. Lake Tulloch on 8/3, info here

(Message edited by surfdad on July 17, 2008)
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-17-2008, 12:54 PM Reply   
What up jeff im going to try and make thanks for the invite,I live up near bodega bay,it sounds fun . jamesz
Old    surfdad            07-17-2008, 12:59 PM Reply   
I didn't realize that, bro. I could have sworn all of those pictures of you were on Tulloch. Do you trailer from BB down to Tulloch, or am I just confused?

Jerry Price and Chase Hazen, along with Dennis and Mike Armstrong are going to be setting up the Sanger 237's. We should have decent wakes for the contest. If can find the time, we'd love to see you there.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-17-2008, 2:16 PM Reply   
yeah I go up there and meet jl for photo shots some times Im going to try my hardest to make it thanks again for the invite jamesz
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-17-2008, 3:07 PM Reply   
yeah I drive my boat there from here ,my mom lives on the lake in clear lake but i go to lake sonoma allthe time
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-17-2008, 7:50 PM Reply   
Matt, I'm about 210. Gravity has a firm hold on me.
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-18-2008, 5:22 AM Reply   
what kind of board is that james????

And what is JL riding
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-18-2008, 8:28 AM Reply   
Its anew wakesurfboard stretch from santa cruz his boards are isane.He just started making me and josh mulcoy an epoxy board you can go on line and check them out stretch surfboards
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-18-2008, 8:55 AM Reply   
sweet , thanks bro.... its betweena walker and this now
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-18-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
stetch got voted shaper of the year in surfing mag Ive rode alot of boards and those photos are the first time I rode the board.But james walker is kill it on his walker board so its what ever works good for you
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-18-2008, 5:13 PM Reply   
aha and what are sizes of this Strech board James?
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-18-2008, 5:32 PM Reply   
ANY SIZE YOU WANT, CUSTOM PETR
Old    surfdad            07-18-2008, 8:14 PM Reply   
jdjjamesz, James is sitting next to me and says thanks for the props.

Chris H, just so you know, the board that James is riding isn't CURRENTLY readily available, the blank alone takes about 6 weeks to create, then it would have to be shaped and glassed. I'd guess a minimum of two months at this point. I think by fall Mike will be able to produce them in a reasonable period of time.

Upload
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-18-2008, 8:39 PM Reply   
JEFF IS RIGHT YOU HAVE TO RIDE FOR HIM OR IT WILL TAKE THREE MONTHS RIGHT NOW .hIS JUST STARTING TO MAKE WAKESURFBOARDS FOR ME AND MULCOY,AND THESE WILL BE THE FIRST REAL WAKESURFBOARDS HIS MADE THAT OTHER ONE WAS JUST TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       07-18-2008, 9:05 PM Reply   
Hey Chris,
Just to clarify, the board that James Walker is riding is an advanced prototype of The James Walker Pro Model from The Walker Project. That model will be introduced at Surf Expo in September and will be available to be pre-booked on September 15. The other Walker Custom models are available currently with about a 3 week delivery time.

(Message edited by dennish on July 18, 2008)
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-18-2008, 9:26 PM Reply   
AND I was talking about stretch surfboards from santa cruz
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-19-2008, 4:19 PM Reply   
I know James, but I was talking about size of your board
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-19-2008, 5:46 PM Reply   
oh. That board is 5/4 most of the time i ride a5 foot placebo but im going to start riding those boards.Do you live in hawaii if so where
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-20-2008, 7:11 AM Reply   
5/4 ok thanx James. Im trying to built 4/8 for myself, kind of Chase Hazen style.
Nope I live in Europe, Czech republic - no ocean here . Was once at Kauai for one month, simply awesome. But we have ocean of beer here
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-20-2008, 10:27 AM Reply   
Have you ever surfed those rivers out there or the london canal my uncle lives in london says theres awave in the canal jamesz
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-20-2008, 1:00 PM Reply   
Nope. You mean that tide wave like Popoporoca on Amazon River or riversurfing on standing wave like in Munchen Germany? I never tried it. I saw only that wave in Germany, its fun.
But we used to go every summer to France to play in waves and check Kelly, C.J. and other dudes during Quicksilver Pro or on our backyard beach waves.