Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-21-2008, 7:31 AM Reply   
Does anybody have the Zune Pass. I'm wanting to buy a MP3 player and the pass seems like a pretty good idea. I just wanted to know if there is any catch to it and why I couldn't just get the Pass for 2 or 3 months download all the songs i want and just get rid of it.
Old     (moombakidadg)      Join Date: May 2008       05-21-2008, 7:49 AM Reply   
BLAIR...you can get the pass and get unlimited number of songs. However, the catch is that you must keep the zune pass monthly as the songs that you have downloaded will "expire" after 90 days of cancellation of the zune pass. i tried it and it happened to me, went back to the ipod...
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-21-2008, 7:56 AM Reply   
yeah, its a pain in the ass... here is the best bet

Get "Imesh" = unlimited downloads for $6/month
then get "tunebite" ... tunebite takes music with digital protection...plays it and re-records it to your computer, the new recorded copy has no protection and you can put in on CD's/MP3's/ Whatever.... best part is the artists still make money and you get music w/o DRM protection.

Imesh + tunebite (which you can get free through torrents) and you'll be set
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-21-2008, 8:02 AM Reply   
I knew there had to be a catch. Will Imesh work with most any MP3 player besides Ipod?
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-21-2008, 8:15 AM Reply   
zune pass s good for some people. I prefer to use other methods and muvAudio to remove the DRM.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-21-2008, 8:40 AM Reply   
Besides Ipod what MP3 are you using.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-21-2008, 9:48 AM Reply   
When you run the music through tunebite you can pick what format it exports it as....sol you can use just a plain MP3 file and it will work with anything

I have a Creative Zen Vision ... I LOVE IT, its super easy to use, TOUGH AS HELL-->mine has gone 100% underwater, flown out of my car at like 40 mph, got left in the snow overnight and it still works like a dream---good interface --> way way better than an Ipod

my bro has a Zune and its pretty good, he has had to warrenty it twice in under a year so I donno how i feel about that.

I would check out the ZEN and whatever else they're making these days.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-21-2008, 10:02 AM Reply   
Zen seems to be pretty good on the bank too. I've been looking at them just wasn't sure of the quality.