Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-06-2007, 1:06 PM Reply   
im leaving for shasta with 14 others this friday night! we have a houseboat from june 9-14 i can't wait ive never been! we are bring my XLV and my friends LSV. i can't wait for warm weather and water! in portland the high is 59 today and raining :-(

anyone else gonna be down there?
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-06-2007, 1:30 PM Reply   
Ill be arriving there Wed June 13th at 8am at Silverthorn Marina to pick up the houseboat - will be there till sunday. Well have my all white supreme, red tribal mb, & black star. Well be at the squaw creek arm riding & filming most of the time & where were parking the HB. Ill keep an eye out for your all white XLV. If you see us, roll up! ALways great to hook up with cool fellow riders. See you there! ENJOY!
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-06-2007, 1:58 PM Reply   
I live in Redding and will be hitting up the lake all next week. I will be out on the water during the evenings like 4:00-9:00 look for the all red centurion avalanche. Entrust where are you renting from?
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-06-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
Steve - what arm you ride mostly at?
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-06-2007, 2:09 PM Reply   
not sure what marina it is, i know it's the first one when driving from oregon and its the big nice houseboat
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-06-2007, 2:13 PM Reply   
Make sure you dont pull riders too close to shore, shasta has alot of unmarked stuff especially if the waters low. My boy (whos been to shasta over 100 times) sank his centurion out there 2 years ago. So just be careful. Hope we see out there.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-06-2007, 2:16 PM Reply   
Ok so most likely it will be antlers you guys will most likely stay on the Sacramento arm where antlers marina is located. Thats pretty far from where migs is going to be at but you might see me out there one of the days early next week. I launch by the dam sometimes and that is the southern end of the Sacramento arm.

Upload
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-06-2007, 2:19 PM Reply   
we are getting the boat from shasta marina, i just looked!
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-06-2007, 2:31 PM Reply   
right on, they have really nice houseboats. Maybe we can hook up for an evening ride next week. If you and your friends stay close to Shasta Marina I can shoot up there from the Dam pretty quick. Hope to see you out there.
Old     (shane97210)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-06-2007, 2:38 PM Reply   
i am going with entrust and have an all black LSV. were are renting from shasta marina so we will probably be near the o'brien inlet the first night(saturday) and after that who knows. we usually move everyday and will probably make it over to the mcloud arm by mid week. if anyone sees our boats with a big houseboat flying a pirate flag, stop by for a beer or just to introduce yourself! i've seen the forecast, but does anyone know the water temp and/or lake level. i've heard it is low this year, glad we're doing our trip early.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-06-2007, 3:09 PM Reply   
so look for a big houseboat with an all white XLV and an all black LSV and lots of drunk people :-)
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-06-2007, 3:12 PM Reply   
Be sure to bring extra money for gas, I went through $500 in my Super Air alone not counting the houseboat and we only moved it twice in a week.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-06-2007, 3:21 PM Reply   
Lake level is pretty low for this time of year, and the water temp could range from 70-75 deg. Pretty warm if you are used to the Willamette. Shane I have seen your all black LSV on other posts you will not be hard to miss or be heard. you have a whole tower of fusion speakers right?
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-06-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
yes that is shane!

how much is gas on the lake? im scared to ask :-(
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-06-2007, 3:27 PM Reply   
Yeah its bad news, I'm not even sure because I try and avoid it. Bring lots of gas cans or be at a spot you can pull your boat off the water and fill up. I think a few weeks ago it was $4.16 at Silverthorn Marina
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-06-2007, 3:28 PM Reply   
$4.16 thats not bad at all! i was thinking like $5!
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-06-2007, 3:38 PM Reply   
Since you guys are trying to make your way to the McCloud arm, Monday I will launch out of Bailey Cove which is just south of Holiday Harbor and I will probably do my riding in there. There usually is awesome water because it is so well protected.
Old     (shane97210)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-06-2007, 4:31 PM Reply   
$4.16 sounds pretty good (did i just say that?), last year in august i think shasta marina was $4.25 so i was expecting at least $5. I usually try to get gas at packers bay as they seem the lowest or equal to the lowest every year. pulling out sounds like a lot of effort to save $50/day when you are splitting it between 15 people on vacation. if i lived there it would be a different story.
Steve- i will shoot to be on the east side of the bridge by Monday afternoon either up Mcloud or behind ski island, and by the way you are lucky to live so close to Shasta!
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-07-2007, 7:22 AM Reply   
one thing, it you wanna come hang out you better be bringing girls :-)
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-07-2007, 7:40 AM Reply   
Check out . Mike McMillian and Chris Dykmans are running the show up there. Go meet them and check out the new camp.

http://www.thewakeboardcamp.com/
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-07-2007, 7:49 AM Reply   
Interesting. Brady couching at Shasta again. He used to coach for Ian Kirks school, Ensane. That guy is a helleva rider too.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-07-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
Entrust,

Don't waste your time on the Sac arm. The Sac is great if your their to party and hang out watching for T&A, but If you want great water for riding, head up either the Mcloud or Pit arms. My personal preference is up at the end of the Pit.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-07-2007, 9:00 AM Reply   
That would be sweet to see Brady ride, I have had the rare opportunity to see him rip it up on the Delta in person and it was awesome. I will have to stop by and say hello.
Shane - sounds good man, we will be out there so hopefully I will see you and the entrust crew. As for the girls, you missed them all Memorial Day weekend and Cliff is totally right about the Sac arm I usually ride the that arm at the end of the year when it gets cooler.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-07-2007, 12:07 PM Reply   
Actually Brady is out with a broken ankle again(first DRA event). So chris dykmans is taking his spot for the summer!
Old     (shane97210)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-07-2007, 12:07 PM Reply   
Are the trees sticking out down on the pit arm? I always see those and try to avoid the pit arm.
Sounds like we will mainly be on the east side of the bridge. Last year we rode up the sac arm and it seemed you were always having to turn, no real straight stretches. And the lake patrol was looking for a body on that arm:-(
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-07-2007, 12:18 PM Reply   
yep trees are sticking out, the pit arm is still wide enough that it will be good riding, especially during the week. You guys can't go wrong with the upper mccloud arm. Its a long trek but you should get great water.

Sucks for Brady, what trick did he throw to bust his ankle. I just had a buddy throw a huge heelside front and he tweaked his ankle coming down wrong and hard on it.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-07-2007, 4:22 PM Reply   
I hope it rains on you guys all week!! J/K.......Have fun down there, Entrust why don't you throw out the, I'll bring the Slingshot for you guys to demo, if you bring the chicks?
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-07-2007, 4:23 PM Reply   
ok, ill have a slingshot for people to ride if they bring girls :-)
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-07-2007, 6:13 PM Reply   
My friend was there last week and when he arrived on Wednesday the water temp was around 75/76 degrees. When he left on Sunday it was 79/80 degrees so it has definitely been heating up.

At Antlers gas was, IIRC, 6.19 or 6.29 he said and at Jones Valley it was 4.95 I believe. If you are buying gas on the water, you really need to "shop around" or better yet call around before you get there so you don't waste more gas looking for the best "deal."

I went down there at the beginning of last month and the water level was pretty high, but from what I have heard its turning out to be a low year because they are sending so much of the water south I am heading down on the 19th of this month with my family and I am not worried about the water level. However, when I go back in September it could be really sketchy!

Enjoy your trip!
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-08-2007, 9:10 AM Reply   
6.29 for gas! holy crap!! we aren't going there!
Old     (kklupenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-08-2007, 9:17 AM Reply   
About 3 weeks ago I stopped by Lakeview Marina on the Mcloud arm and it was 4.69. I thought that was bad until I saw the 6.19 quote above.
There was a lot of water on the McCloud arm but it was already lower than in July of last year. I have been tracking the level at the damn website and the water seems to be dropping 5 to 6 inches a day. It probably won't be looking good for people with late August or September trips planned.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-08-2007, 9:28 AM Reply   
glad we are going early then!!
Old     (kklupenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-08-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
Give us a report on how it was.... water, gas prices etc. when you get back. I am leaving for Ellery Creek campground on the 21st.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       06-08-2007, 11:07 AM Reply   
i'll be up there from tommorow till the 24th or 25th i think

kevin im going to be at ellery what site do you have?
Old     (kklupenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-08-2007, 11:34 AM Reply   
We have a group of 7 sites mostly on the loop closest to the lake. Look for 2 Supra 21V's, A North River Jet boat, and a Reinell I/O.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-15-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
ill post pics later but shasta was amazing!! weather was 90-95 everyday! water was 74-78!

gas at packers bay was $4.59, shasta marina was $4.79, bay bride was $5.50 and silvertorn was over $5 too
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-15-2007, 9:54 AM Reply   
Holiday Harbor usually has the cheapest gas on the lake.
Old     (kklupenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-15-2007, 9:10 PM Reply   
Sounds like it was a good time. Gas prices look about what I expected. Can't wait to see the pics!