Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    ryann            04-22-2003, 11:21 AM Reply   
I am looking for an inexpensive open bow wakeboarding (around 12-13k), I have seen several early 90's Hydrodynes that have all the features I am loking for. Does any one have any opinions/experiences on these boats wake and or durability? Any suggestions on another boat along these lines?

(Message edited by ryann on April 22, 2003)
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-22-2003, 12:41 PM Reply   
I have a 1982 20' Southwind Correct Craft bow rider that seats 10 for $6,900 obo. See classifieds.
Old    swpmwinc            04-22-2003, 12:45 PM Reply   
You have to remember that Hydrodyne does not exsist anymore good luck with parts and whatnot.I would factor that in to my search for a new (used )boat
Old    krug            04-22-2003, 2:45 PM Reply   
I rode behind one in wisconsin once. a guy uses them at his school gordy buholst. i thought the wake was like a weighted x-5. he had a huge kids plastic toy box in the back full of water.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-22-2003, 4:12 PM Reply   
Hydrodynes are great boats. PCM engines so should be easy for servicing. They are also built like tanks, too bad they went out of business. They have a nice wake shape, at least the two 1995's I know of. Hope you don't want to slalom ski. Go for it!
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-22-2003, 4:15 PM Reply   
Hydrodyne was the scheitttt in its day. Very high quality. I believe that was bought by Mike Brendell and is now MB SPorts if memory serves correctly. If it is clean,well kept,runs good and price is right go for it.

Rick
Old    swpmwinc            04-22-2003, 4:59 PM Reply   
Rick It was not MB sports that bought Hyperdyne It was another Ca. Boat Builder
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-22-2003, 5:32 PM Reply   
Ryan - where are you? i know of a 91 Sport Nautique in Austin, TX that you may be able to get for close to 13k.
Old    suzmar1997            04-22-2003, 5:47 PM Reply   
My Buddy is selling a MC Prostar 190 (1987)in the area of $8000. The boat itself is in pretty good shape and the sound system is unbelievable. The boat runs great and I believe he's gonna bring it up to WSSR if you're in the neighborhood.
Old    pans210            04-22-2003, 7:55 PM Reply   
hydrodyne, is the same hull molds as calbria, and alpina, as i have been told. Anyways, what model hydrodyne? I have rode behind a 95 grand sport many times, and i love the wake. The only other tournement quality wake i have to compare it to is a 01 xstar. And for the diffrence in money, i would certinaly have no problem going with the grand sport rather then the x star.
Old    ryann            04-23-2003, 11:25 AM Reply   
The boat is a 1994 grand sport w/ gt40 motor, absolutely perfect condition...only draw back is no tower. I really want a 1994 up open bow Nautique but I can find one for the right price.

Any one know about the availability of towers for the grand sports??

(Message edited by ryann on April 23, 2003)
Old    pans210            04-23-2003, 1:05 PM Reply   
Ryan, you can get almost any tower company to make a tower for a grand sport. The boat i have ridden behind has a pole, but it is still an amazing boat/wake for the money. You will be very happy with going with a hydrodyne if you do go that way.
Old    bullzeke69            04-23-2003, 1:55 PM Reply   
My buddy has an Grand Sport for sale only has like 200+ hrs on it. We did load it down with somegood weight and got a really good wake out of it. I think hes has it up for like 13,500 let me know if you would like to hook up with him.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-23-2003, 4:42 PM Reply   
I'm Pretty sure Hydrodyne was bought by or acquired by Calabria....You shouldn't have any problems finding parts. You shouldn't have trouble finding a tower either....good luck, test drive it..