Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-27-2008, 11:19 AM Reply   
So this past weekend I made some progress on my LED setup in my boat. I still have some more to do, but I was able to get the 4 main cabin speakers and the courtesy lights (including the damn sealed factory supra pucks between the speakers) all setup with blue LEDs. The factory courtesy lights were white.

I still plan to get the front speaker rings on, as well as the front and rear vents done. I might also do under the swim platform later.

Anyways, pics!

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (reconabe)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-27-2008, 11:49 AM Reply   
SWEET!!!

How do you run the power for those? Do you piggy back off the speaker or is there new wiring that needs to be done?

Where do you get the LEDs? I want to do that on my VLX, but am not sure where to start.
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-27-2008, 12:26 PM Reply   
My boat came from the factory with courtesy lights. The pucks between the speakers had white LED's in them, and below the seats were white LED's as well. I just replaced those. As for the speaker rings in the boat, I just wired them in with the pucks between them. The rings on the tower and the lights in the sub box were wired in to the switch that was already there for tower lights. I don't currently have any tower lights, but that is the circuit they are on.

I got mine from superbrightleds.com and I had the interior rings custom made. I have 6 rings that I had on my old boat that did not fit in this one so I might be selling them if you are interested. You would only need to buy the LED strips and wire them up.
Old     (matt5)      Join Date: May 2007       05-27-2008, 12:48 PM Reply   
NICE!!!!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-27-2008, 1:58 PM Reply   
Look's awesome! We're working on doing my LED's right now.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-27-2008, 2:10 PM Reply   
classy..