Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-11-2013, 5:17 PM Reply   
After waiting 6 weeks for my specially ordered totally loaded 2014 truck to arrive, I walked in to the dealership to check up on the progress of installing some Amp power steps and saw this. Needless to say, it's gonna be another 6 weeks before the next one shows up. I just stood there and felt like that Indian who's on the side of the road when someone litters with the one tear dripping down his cheek. (You youngsters won't get that reference). Sorry that I don't know how to flip these pics around.
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-11-2013, 5:20 PM Reply   
Can someone much smarter than me flip these pics? I suck with that stuff.
Old     (MBofTexas)      Join Date: Aug 2013       10-11-2013, 5:38 PM Reply   
Somebody is getting fired. Sad thing is they will probably fix it and sell to some unfortunate person.
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       10-11-2013, 6:10 PM Reply   

Oh ****!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Pad1Tai; 10-11-2013 at 6:12 PM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-11-2013, 6:24 PM Reply   
Charlie, you are the man. Erik, there was no operator error. The lift broke. It was rated for higher weight but still broke. I'm just glad I didn't have my rims, tires, lift etc done before this happened. The crappy thing is I need my long bed for work and the only loaner they have is a short bed.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-11-2013, 7:01 PM Reply   
What rims are those? I like em
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-11-2013, 7:11 PM Reply   
The dealership formerly known as a five star dealership.

Sorry to hear about your truck. Luckily no one was hurt.
Old     (MBofTexas)      Join Date: Aug 2013       10-11-2013, 7:35 PM Reply   
^^^ Agree thank goodness no one was under there when it broke.
Old     (zammer)      Join Date: Jan 2008       10-11-2013, 8:00 PM Reply   
wow. amazing no one got hurt
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-11-2013, 8:40 PM Reply   
Factory stock wheels. Yeah the first thing I said after "Oh $hit!" was "hey I'm glad everyone is okay". It could have been bad. Now it's just an insurance claim.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-11-2013, 10:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBofTexas View Post
Somebody is getting fired. Sad thing is they will probably fix it and sell to some unfortunate person.
I talked to them today about what happens to trucks like that and they said they get fixed by a body shop through an insurance company and then they (the seller) have to (by law) disclose to the buyer that the truck was damaged. The future buyer has to sign a waiver stating that they know everything about the extent of the damage etc. Depending on the full extent of the damage and the discount after repairs, I'm considering all options.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-11-2013, 10:44 PM Reply   
Dang. That could've been way worse.

I hope it's their insurance not yours.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-12-2013, 11:31 PM Reply   
It's their insurance. Either way I'm screwed because I have to wait another 6 weeks for them to build another one. Grrrrrr. Oh well.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       10-13-2013, 6:45 AM Reply   
Trucks are bad mmmkay
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-13-2013, 7:06 AM Reply   
disclosed so they say but the dealer will make lite of the repairs, the doors got scratched then repaired thats all
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-13-2013, 7:35 AM Reply   
Just like politicians car dealers only tell you what they want you to THINK! It was just a scratch. LOL
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       10-13-2013, 10:28 AM Reply   
Looks like an oppritunity to save you some $$. If it is just bodywork I would offer to buy it if you can get it cheap enough. If there is frame or driveline damage I would wait for amother one to be built.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-13-2013, 3:59 PM Reply   
Damage looks minor. i bet they will fix in-house and sell it used as demo truck and know ones the wiser.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-13-2013, 8:44 PM Reply   
It's worse than it looks. That shop is poorly lit so pics were tough. Both rocker panels are toast. Both rear doors are jacked (not just scratches) and fuel tank punctured. Not sure about the frame and i'm not sure if the doors will ever shut properly. Heck, I'm not even sure what happened to the front suspension after that five foot drop. This shop isn't set up to do any body work. They're just calling their insurance company and letting them deal with it. I wouldn't even consider buying it unless it was fixed perfectly, they knocked off 10K+ and I had total reassurance from the body shop that all was good. Even then I'm not sure I would want it.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-13-2013, 8:50 PM Reply   
Oh, and I had just let my old truck go to the new owner one day earlier in anticipation of the new truck's arrival.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-14-2013, 5:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
It's worse than it looks. That shop is poorly lit so pics were tough. Both rocker panels are toast. Both rear doors are jacked (not just scratches) and fuel tank punctured. Not sure about the frame and i'm not sure if the doors will ever shut properly. Heck, I'm not even sure what happened to the front suspension after that five foot drop. This shop isn't set up to do any body work. They're just calling their insurance company and letting them deal with it. I wouldn't even consider buying it unless it was fixed perfectly, they knocked off 10K+ and I had total reassurance from the body shop that all was good. Even then I'm not sure I would want it.
Say 10 grand and a new cab with no mark on the title - cab recalled due to QC issue. Probably not actually possible but anything worth a shot.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-14-2013, 10:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
Say 10 grand and a new cab with no mark on the title - cab recalled due to QC issue. Probably not actually possible but anything worth a shot.
That's about what I thought and so I made that call this morning.... No dice. They're gonna sell it to someone else who walks into the dealership. Not at a big enough discount for me. I'm not even gonna pursue it. I'd rather know what I'm getting for that kind of money anyway.
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       10-16-2013, 7:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
Even then I'd be pretty skeptical about buying it. That Cummins motor is a heavy gal, and dropping it from even just 5 feet onto the nose would make me think there might be some bending to the frame. Even with full disclosure and a hefty discount, I wouldn't touch that truck if my life depended on it.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-16-2013, 7:37 AM Reply   
Heavy truck for a two post list..Sorry to hear about yout new ride.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-16-2013, 3:01 PM Reply   
Could be worse
Old     (mastercraf)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-16-2013, 4:58 PM Reply   
I feel the pain there. At least you got a new car.

Was changing the oil on my Saab 9-3. started to jack it off the ground. The jack moved and the car slid.
New condenser, intercooler, radiator, and cooling fans.

Went through insurance. They couldn't find parts at first, ordered the wrong ones second, and then the shop that did it put some nice scratches in my door before they delivered it back to me (which they did fix a second time when I took it back). Even worse it happened at my folks house when I was home for labor day, so the repair shop I used was over and hour and a half away from my current place.

Most expensive oil change I've ever done $500+

Live and Learn!
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-17-2013, 2:02 AM Reply   
or this:
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-17-2013, 3:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercraf View Post
I feel the pain there. At least you got a new car.

Was changing the oil on my Saab 9-3. started to jack it off the ground. The jack moved and the car slid.
New condenser, intercooler, radiator, and cooling fans.

Went through insurance. They couldn't find parts at first, ordered the wrong ones second, and then the shop that did it put some nice scratches in my door before they delivered it back to me (which they did fix a second time when I took it back). Even worse it happened at my folks house when I was home for labor day, so the repair shop I used was over and hour and a half away from my current place.

Most expensive oil change I've ever done $500+

Live and Learn!
Props for doing it yourself though!
Old     (grkero)      Join Date: Dec 2010       10-17-2013, 9:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane View Post
or this:

hahaha holy hell... I am still laughing about this 10 minutes later.
Old     (mastercraf)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-17-2013, 4:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
Props for doing it yourself though!
yea pretty much have too to keep the cost of a change under 100$. The last time I took it in, it cost me $140 at the local oil change place.

The car takes 0w40 and only walmart has it for cheaper than $9 a quart. The filter is also about $15 from autozone, but I've been buying it through rockauto now.

Ohhhh and the car takes 7.5 quarts.
So as you can see it gets expensive when you pull in and these are the things your dealing with.

You should have seen the price of some of those replacement parts.....$700 for a stock intercooler....insane!
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-20-2013, 5:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane View Post
or this:
That's why Toyota recalled those trucks and gave the owners way more than they were worth for them.