Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (joshuag)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-06-2007, 8:06 AM Reply   
Yesterday i went out trying to wakesurf. I got the hang of wakesurfing no prob but couldn't get the wakesurf wake just right and was curious how others are setting up there boat to get a nice surf wake. Thanks for the help.

Josh

ps. Wakesurfing is the bomb!!!!! I think i am hooked
Old     (morgs)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-06-2007, 11:03 AM Reply   
Which side of the boat are you trying to surf on?

MC's normally have better wakesurf wake on the port (left) side.
Old     (joshuag)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-06-2007, 10:55 PM Reply   
I ride goofy so i like the right side. My dealer said fill all the ballast and have most of the people on drivers side. Does that sound right?
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       05-06-2007, 11:36 PM Reply   
i fill up the center and the side im surfing on and put everyone on that side and i get a pretty nice wake i also put the speed at about 11.6 mph
Old     (dubsac)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-07-2007, 8:10 AM Reply   
Don't fill the ballast on the opposite side. You will want a lot of additional weight to make it really good. I have an X45 and use stock ballast and all people on the surf side, plus about 2000lbs of sacs.. and I am buying more weight soon. Wakesurfing is amazing.
Old     (hemihauler)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-07-2007, 11:58 AM Reply   
Ask question again in Wakesurf forum. Ton of guys in there with lots of knowledge.
Old     (agent797)      Join Date: May 2007       05-07-2007, 8:56 PM Reply   
your just going to have to play with your boat cause everyone is alil diff to get the wake like you want. Try to set up your boat so when your about 7- 9 mph the wake just gets crisp and looses its wash ( i hope that makes sense i dont know how else to explain it)