Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Waterskiing

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-10-2004, 7:54 AM Reply   
Does anyone know where I can find a used, or factory blem? I want to buy a new ski, but don't have the flow for an $800 price tag. Thanks.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-10-2004, 8:15 AM Reply   
If you want KD or Kidder, I can hook you up hard. I do not carry Connelly.

rider@boarditup.com
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-10-2004, 2:55 PM Reply   
How much can you get me a CR7 plat with double High wraps for? Do you or anyone know how the ski compares? Thanks.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-11-2004, 6:19 AM Reply   
The F1 and CR7 are both high performers. One of my skiing friends has one and loves it. Others prefer the KD skis. The F1, I am told, is most similar to the KD 7000. I am told, but have not ridden both skis in one sitting, that the 7000 turns marginally quicker due ot a softer flex but that the CR7 accelerates faster and allows for more set-up time. It is more of a style question.

At the upper echelon of skis, the differences are subtle, but can be very important for those deep into the short line.

IMO the 7000 would be similar to the F1 and the CR7 would increase your speed across the wakes. The 7000 has made the 40 off pass. I don't know the best performance of the CR7.

There are reviews coming up in the mags - check them out.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-12-2004, 4:51 PM Reply   
Karl, I don't think the 7000 has ever run 41' off. 3 skiers have passed that loop, Jamie Beauchesne, Jeff Rodgers, and Andy Mapple. I don't believe any of them were on the 7000. I feel both of these skis are slower. I prefer HO though, so I rarely have skied on either one.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-12-2004, 6:44 PM Reply   
It was not run in a tournament, just testing, to the best of my recollection.

41 off is my dream run...
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-13-2004, 9:07 AM Reply   
Nick,
Do you still live in Manhattan? Next time I am up there, We should get together. Ski behind your 190 and board behind my X-star.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-15-2004, 8:46 AM Reply   
Parrish has also run 41 off but not on a 7000, I think he was on a mapple last season and he has a new ski this season.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-16-2004, 9:18 PM Reply   
Brad has the 190 and he moved to KC. I'm in the process of moving to KC and have an '03 Centurion. We'll definately hook up though. I've got a buddy down in Wichita that just graduated that loves to ride if you ever need a riding partner.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-17-2004, 11:35 AM Reply   
always need new people. Sorry about the mix up on boats. Do you ever come down here?
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-17-2004, 9:54 PM Reply   
I get down there some. Mainly for INT's and to hang out with my friend. I might possibly move down there. I have a job offer, but haven't taken it yet, while I look in KC. No problem about the mix ups. I'd love to be in a 190 or 197, but haven't sold the Centurion yet. It's been a while since I rode in Wichita. We went out with Jeremy Mosier at a demo day last year, probably the last time I was even on the water down there. I don't think I even rode that day.

We did go out today up here in Manhattan. It was 73 and the whole lake was butter. Lots nicer than yesterday, we had to dodge a sleet storm at noon, but got out on the lake about 3:30, it was about 45 and sunny, nice water though. We could have rode down the middle of Tuttle today, which if you are familiar wiht that lake, is very unusual.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-24-2004, 2:38 PM Reply   
I went out yesterdayt with Derek at Lotowana Nick... I took 2 sets and the wind was horrible... But back on the water nonetheless!!!

The Season has began!

Right down the middle of Tuttle huh! That's awesome! You didn't hit any dead bodies did you?!?

Nick Call me we've got to discuss the Lake of Ozarks weekend.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-30-2004, 2:16 PM Reply   
Just got back from Trophy. Learned a lot of new technique from Kuz down there, my skiing is looking different. Ran 4@28' on Friday. Hoping to break into 32' next week.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-30-2004, 2:46 PM Reply   
I hate you Nick!
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-30-2004, 7:21 PM Reply   
I think my PB of 3@32' will fall this spring.