Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-13-2004, 5:52 PM Reply   
Started having a small issue with the perfect pass this weekend. Whenever you turn the key back on my boat to listen to the stereo while the engine is not running perfect pass usually comes on and stays on. This weekend whenever you did that it would turn off then back on again and keep doing it making those annoying beeping sounds the whole time. Does anyone know how to correct this. Thanks
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-13-2004, 7:12 PM Reply   
There is a power wire that runs to the PP module under the dash that can come loose. It happened on my '03 VLX. Reach up under there and make sure it's attached securely.
Old    ag4ever            06-13-2004, 8:20 PM Reply   
That usually happens on my boat when the battery is low, and the voltage dips below a certain point. Might want to throw it on a charger, or check to see that your alt is charging.
Old    wantboatnow            06-13-2004, 8:59 PM Reply   
I know on my 02 VLX you dont need the key to run the radio, just flip the switch and thats all it needs.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-13-2004, 10:58 PM Reply   
The perfect pass requires 13+ volts to operate, when it drops below it will cycle and beep. If it annoys you move the PP power to a switch and just turn it off when you are not using it. The other benefit is that this will usually allow the servo cable to stay tighter.
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-14-2004, 10:09 AM Reply   
thanks alot, I think i'm gonna try to move the power wire to a acc switch. Anything I need to know before doing this? Will it mess up anything on my gauges? My perfect pass is in the same bundle as my rpm gauge, will this matter?