Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (BamaLurker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-02-2012, 1:43 PM Reply   
B4 I start know that this is just an idea in my head and there's prob tons of unforseen problems in trying this.

So I know there are still a few riders out there that are stuck in there wake only ways and don't realy enjoy cable. I've been daydreaming of a way to put going wake2wake with the easy accesibility of riding cable.

Ok so imagine a 2tower setup like the 2.0 or endless ride but beef it up about 4 times the size the are now. Giant towers, longggg straitaway, and a cable that's more the size of a ski lift cable. Now take a proven hull design (x star, g series, whatever) and pull the engine and running gear out and weight the **** out of it. Next attach the front of the hull to the cable and either attach the riders rope to a tower on the hull or to the cable behind where the hull is connected. It would basicly just be a cable pulling a purpose made hull pulling a rider. You would have the wake to pull tricks on without having to buy a boat and prob have more hangtime due to the angle the cable pulls you at than when just riding boat.

This is the hard part; when the boatn and rider near the end of the run the operator would bring the hull to a stop then slowly reverse it till the hull turned facing the other direction. If the riders rope was attached to the cable at the same point that the boat is attached to it then the riders rope would need to be on a beefed up version of those guides that u used to see on pylons that get the rope clear of the board racks. This way once the boat slowly spins around the swivleing guid would allow the rider to get to the side while the boat comes by to head back towards the start. The swivle could even have 2 operator controlled solinoids that lock it into posistion when it's time to plane up.

The other idea would be if sumone shaped a twin tip hull that could still throw a good wake. This would simplify the turn arounds. I'm just not sure if it's possible to make a great wake from sumthing that's symetrical.

Like I said this is just an idea in my head that I truly think would be possible on a larger scale than the current 2 tower setups. It would def take a big motor to pull it. Maybe sumone could build one with a pwc hull first and wakeskate it. If that worked then try the fullsize wakeboard version.

Im in no posistion to try and put this together myself and would love to hear u guys opinions on it"more ideas, unforseen problems, ect).

Now if I can put this in pat panokos's head then who knows, maybee it could happen.

Thanks, Joe jones