Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-05-2018, 1:51 PM Reply   
Anyone have any feedback or real world experience with the s224. I like the low profile look and the size of the boat. I have had nautique s in the past and don't want to sit 100k+ on a lift. It going to be a wakebboard boat primarily for me and a tube hauler for my little ones until they get the urge to learn. I may take up surfing as my back is starting to give me problems from time to time.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-05-2018, 5:10 PM Reply   
If you’re used to nautiqies, the suprememay not cut it on the wakeboard wake...
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-09-2018, 5:04 PM Reply   
I don't ride near as much as I used to but I'm afraid you are right. There is absolutely no info online that I can find. I think I may just pick up an old 210 for the next season or two until I make up my mind.
Old     (BoardCo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-12-2018, 4:16 PM Reply   
I haven't ridden behind the 224 specifically but the hull is very similar to the 238 which, if you set it up right, has a shockingly good wakeboard wake. It isn't G level but I would say it is definitely better than most people would expect. The 238 wake is on the narrow side, somewhat rampy with a hard lip at the top. Somewhat similar to an Axis A22 wake in my opinion.

We are in Utah and don't stock any 224's for the exact reasons you said you like it (freeboard height primarily) but the performance on the boat is solid.
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-12-2018, 5:28 PM Reply   
Thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to go older/ used for the next year or two and see how the brand progresses around me before I pull the trigger on a new one. By that time I'd probably be more in the market for a 238 anyway